How UMG, Drake, Gamma & Eldridge Industries are manipulating you and the entertainment industry

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are yall acting surprised at drake being a fraud and that hes the creation of corporates? Yall never questioned anything about dude like his rollout back in 2008 with that best i ever had, successful and forever that they were overpromoting or how multinational corporations were promoting back 2 back on twitter??? Come on now. :snoop: i knew something wasnt right when i saw how they rolled him out. 50 cent even told yall his buzz was inorganic and industry was pushing him

FINALE

๐Ÿ’Ž
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Why are yall acting surprised at drake being a fraud and that hes the creation of corporates? Yall never questioned anything about dude like his rollout back in 2008 with that best i ever had, successful and forever that they were overpromoting or how multinational corporations were promoting back 2 back on twitter??? Come on now. :snoop: i knew something wasnt right when i saw how they rolled him out. 50 cent even told yall his buzz was inorganic and industry was pushing him

Sorry I didn't question the rollout of So Far Gone man I was a kid
:to:

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not even. Ya'll just like to dismiss things with ease. It's not easy to see how Drake with his background has had the opportunity to form certain connections that most wont get. Dude got a $400 million dollar album deal.
So

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
They say 4Batz voice is AI too crazy times we living in

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
the fact they had that bullshyt ass record on ESPN promoting it on sportscenter tells you all you need to know. And for the record, Meek Mill's response was worse.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
all that stuff makes sense.. but what percentage is drake gettin if any?

LevelUp

๐Ÿงž๐Ÿช” ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™‚๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™‡๐™–๐™ข๐™ฅ ๐Ÿงž๐Ÿช”
Daps
Interesting thread

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Taken from How UMG, Drake, gamma & Eldridge Industries are manipulating you and the entertainment industry | ktt2

This will be a deep dive and requires a little bit of connecting dots,

I wouldnโ€™t troll here and this simply what I found. What started as researching gamma, opened a bunch of doors and connections.

Long thread. This will get spooky

TLDR gamma is propped up by a massive media, promo machine and UAE that covers all types of content. Drake has a likely quiet deal or cut of gamma thru his relationship with Larry Jackson and has a weird track record with Eldridge Industries, Gammaโ€™s parent company which itself has ties to UMG

I was already researching this stuff before the JBP and I was surprised and happy to hear Joe call it out. He can tell some f*** s*** going on but I donโ€™t think he sees the larger puzzle like here yet.

Larry Jackson was key in signing deals for AM exclusives, most importantly Drake and OVO Sound Radio. It was a good deal for both sides; Drake and Larry got close

Drake provided Apple exclusive content, Apple promoted Drake music
_________

Larry Jackson maintained the position at Apple until 2023 when he founded โ€œgamma.โ€ with the previous Interscope (UMG) CFO Ike Youssef.

Yousseff would describe how gamma existed as an idea from their Interscope days. Gamma goes on to raise a billion dollars with partners including Clive Davis, Apple and majority investor Todd Boehly.

Gamma also acquired a distribution platform, Vydia. Which means owning The Shade Room, and distribution rights for artists like Usher and Rick Ross among others.

However it does not end at just gamma. because of course gamma has a parent company. Despite advertising themselves as a major label alternative, gamma has more connections and power any label
_______

Todd Boehly is a very wealthy powerful business owner that has dozens of companies in every sector under his holding company Eldridge Industries. Including gamma

Eldridge Industries owns all of the following in music, media, entertainment and sports:
โ†ช https://www.eldridge.com/businesses/

gamma.
Billboard / Billboard music awards
Rolling Stone
Deadline
Variety
A24
SXSW
The Shade Room
Deadline
Daily Hits Double
Luminate
d1ck Clark Productions
The Hollywood Reporter
VIBE
Life is Beautiful
Golden Globes
Latin Music Awards
American Music Awards
Streamy Awards
ViralNation
Los Angeles Dodgers
Chelsea FC
great bump....yeah they own rolling stone

this is some 'saving grace' article

they are backpedaling because they are trying to protect drake from even further spiraling

fukk this publication. fukk UMG :pacspit:

the beef goes on

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
New Diddy

Gamma & Eldridge Industries
Gamma, founded by Larry Jackson (formerly of Apple) and Ike Youssef (ex-UMG), raised $1 billion through backers like Apple, Clive Davis, and Todd Boehly, who holds a significant stake through Eldridge Industries. Gamma owns Vydia, which controls distribution for The Shade Room, Rick Ross, Usher, and more .

Eldridge's Influence in Media

Eldridge Industries holds sway over a vast network of media, music, and entertainment outlets, including Billboard, Rolling Stone, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and the American Music Awards. This enables strategic cross-promotion, inflating the perceived popularity and critical acclaim of their artists .

Drake's ConnectionUMG & Eldridge Collaboration:
Drake has been linked to Gamma through his close relationship with Larry Jackson and UMG's Lucian Grainge. He's believed to have equity or a cut in Gamma, potentially through his mega deal with UMG, and promotes Gamma artists like Sexyy Red and 4batz .

UMG Deal Promotion:
When Drake signed his UMG deal, outlets like Variety and VIBE (both Eldridge-owned) made sure everyone knew.

Cross-Promotion:
Billboard Awards (produced by Eldridge's dikk Clark Productions) consistently honored Drake, despite his anti-Grammy stance. A24 (Eldridge-owned) granted Drake an executive producer role in "Euphoria," and when Drake "rented" Dodger Stadium, it was heavily publicized through Billboard (Eldridge-owned).

UAE Investment
Gamma secured a $100 million investment from a UAE-based shell company, potentially linked to Drake's lucrative UAE concert soon after. The UAE has been increasingly investing in entertainment, aligning with Eldridge's global influence.

Conclusion
Drake, UMG, Gamma, and Eldridge Industries form a powerful network, controlling content distribution, media narrative, and data metrics through entities like Luminate (which merged with Rolling Stone charts). The structure enables manipulating popularity and critical acclaim by leveraging interconnected media and distribution outlets.