How/What do you guys use to give yourself hair cuts?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Barbers are expensive, and no black barbers are near me. So I wanna learn how cut my own hair.

I have a hair shaving kit, and I know about hairline shaping tools.

What else? Do you guys use these fancy mirror tools?

shyt's expensive :picard:

Or do you just use a regular hand mirror?

Do you guys use other fancy shyt like a neckline (for the back)?

And how often do y'all condition/shampoo?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Been cutting my own hair since 2013. I don't even use the most fanciest clippers or mirrors. Just the bathroom mirror with a small hand mirror and an unorthodox style of holding and cutting at the same time.

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
I've got Wahls with guards up to 6 and the same for Andis. I need to reup on some Andis T-edjers for line/edge ups.

Use the front bathroom mirror and I have a cheap full length that I stand on a chair to get the back.

I need to get an organizer kit. My shyt is in a clear bin.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I’ve been loc’s for six years now but when I had the ceasar I cut my own. Any Wahl clipper $60+ and up is good.

Andis t liner ($60-$80) for the line up. I like the square blade because I got the Paul George hairline is it’s mad close so I use the smaller blade, but a lot use the actually T blade.

I want to get the bevel liner to support the breh but it’s $200 and the people say it’s just average.

I always wanted one of those three piece mirrors but you’re right it’s expensive. I just used the bathroom mirror then a $10 door mirror I put behind me. It’s hard to play the mirror at first because everything is in reverse but you’ll get use to it.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Been cutting my own hair since 2013. I don't even use the most fanciest clippers or mirrors. Just the bathroom mirror with a small hand mirror and an unorthodox style of holding and cutting at the same time.
Once you get used to it and don't worry about messing your hair up it's easy. My brother taught me how to cut my own hair and it's the best investment. Haven't paid for a haircut since I was 15

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Thanks for the advice guys :obama:

Any Wahl clippers work and a t liner for the edge up. Whatever you do don't get the cordless. It loses power and pulls the hair out. Corded clippers work best.

I've got Wahls with guards up to 6 and the same for Andis. I need to reup on some Andis T-edjers for line/edge ups.

Use the front bathroom mirror and I have a cheap full length that I stand on a chair to get the back.

I need to get an organizer kit. My shyt is in a clear bin.

I’ve been loc’s for six years now but when I had the ceasar I cut my own. Any Wahl clipper $60+ and up is good.

Andis t liner ($60-$80) for the line up. I like the square blade because I got the Paul George hairline is it’s mad close so I use the smaller blade, but a lot use the actually T blade.

I want to get the bevel liner to support the breh but it’s $200 and the people say it’s just average.

I always wanted one of those three piece mirrors but you’re right it’s expensive. I just used the bathroom mirror then a $10 door mirror I put behind me. It’s hard to play the mirror at first because everything is in reverse but you’ll get use to it.

So y'all nikkas saying I gotta spend another $70 just for my line? Or is it just to get it perfect?

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor

So y'all nikkas saying I gotta spend another $70 just for my line? Or is it just to get it perfect?
Only other way is a straight razor and you have to be nice to use one on yourself. There’s probably cheaper liners out there but you know what they say, if you want good bread you go to nice bakery :manny:

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA

I mean do you want a crispy edge up? Just like everything you get what you pay for. The Andis t liner is very precise and lasts forever. You can pay $70 now and use them for years if you keep them oiled and clean. If ya blade gets rusty it's easily replaceable. $70 is like 3 cuts in a shop vs crispy for years. Your choice :yeshrug: