Howcome modern animation sucks?

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
or maybe the I should be asking why do modern character models suck?

I'm watching the 1988 Superman animated series and the character models are everything I'd want in a modern DC animated film, visually speaking :ahh:

runyspearssupe.jpg

Instead we get this shyt, nikka looks like homie from American Dad :shaq2:
37.png

90% of the reason why I never bothered checking out those post 2000 era animated stuff is because of how lame and cartoony the character models looks....... All the latest Spiderman/Xmen/and Avengers shyt looks garbo compared to Xmen TAS/ Spiderman TAS/ Batman TAS from the 90s

:yeshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
man the 80's had some of the WORST animation ever besides the 70's :gag:
X-Men/Superman/Spiderman/Batman TAS were all sick, the 90's had the best animation run seen since the golden age of Warner Bros, MGM, Fleischer, Disney, etc.

but animation nowadays does suck for the most part, can't stand this pseudo-anime shyt they're pushing

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Nah hear me out. This is coming from someone (born in 88) who grew up watching Scooby Doo & its clone shows (Jabberjaw, Josie & The p*ssycats, Speed Buggy), Real Ghostbusters, Super Mario Show, TMNT, Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, I could go on & on.

when you look back, most of those cartoons had TERRIBLE animation. Compare the animation of those shows listed to a cartoon like Looney Tunes or Ren & Stimpy or Animaniacs & you can see the difference is insane. 70's/80's cartoons with the blank expressions, the stiff movements, corny jokes followed by a laughtrack :rudy:. Even 2000's cartoons like the Misadventures of Flapjack animation style was nice as hell. Some of these new school cartoons that try to look like an anime (yes, including Boondocks) are disgusting.

Not saying just cause the cartoon is animated horribly that it's a bad show overall btw.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nowadays cartoons can do more with effects.

DC character models started began exaggerated muscular frames ever since Batman TAS' later 90s run. Even normal mofos started to look brollic as hell. And a lot of these cartoons like the newer Batman, Spider-man, etc are aimed for a younger audience as opposed to Batman TAS, X-Men, Superman TAS, Justice League, Batman Beyond, Young Justice, Korra, etc. who geared more towards teens and up.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Nah hear me out. This is coming from someone (born in 88) who grew up watching Scooby Doo & its clone shows (Jabberjaw, Josie & The p*ssycats, Speed Buggy), Real Ghostbusters, Super Mario Show, TMNT, Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, I could go on & on.

when you look back, most of those cartoons had TERRIBLE animation. Compare the animation of those shows listed to a cartoon like Looney Tunes or Ren & Stimpy or Animaniacs & you can see the difference is insane. 70's/80's cartoons with the blank expressions, the stiff movements, corny jokes followed by a laughtrack :rudy:. Even 2000's cartoons like the Misadventures of Flapjack animation style was nice as hell. Some of these new school cartoons that try to look like an anime (yes, including Boondocks) are disgusting.

Not saying just cause the cartoon is animated horribly that it's a bad show overall btw.
Nah, Boondocks is an anime and it's animation is top notch. I don't think there's anything wrong with being influence by other animation if it's done right like that. Anime has too big of an influence on Western Animation for it to be looked down upon like that. Too many Disney films have influences in anime and many 80s and 90s American cartoons were done by Japanese studios.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Nah, Boondocks is an anime and it's animation is top notch. I don't think there's anything wrong with being influence by other animation if it's done right like that. Anime has too big of an influence on Western Animation for it to be looked down upon like that. Too many Disney films have influences in anime and many 80s and 90s American cartoons were done by Japanese studios.

not hating on anime at all man, also grew up on Toonami. just that fake anime style is "huff" as Art Barr would say

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I'm speaking on CHARACTER MODELS...

the character models in that 1988 superman series look better than the majority of character models out today b.

X MEN and Spiderman TAS character models >>>>> 95% of modern stuff.

I don't care if the animation was slightly choppy. The models looked more realistic and less cartoony IMO.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I actually rather like the character models used in Korra and Young Justice, so I don't see what the problem is. :yeshrug: