Hypothetical: How would a Mayweather fight do on National TV?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
i know it wouldn't be on the same Level as the Super Bowl, cause nothing else is..

But how well do y'all think it would it fare?

I really think that it'd do the sport a lot of good, especially with the younger crowd who can't go to bars..and aint really checking for the fight parties yet.

Let's say it's aired on CBS with no commercial interruption, with maybe a singer to open the event, and one right before the main event...just for some bullshyt ass attention grabbing from non-fans.

doesn't seem likely to happen, just cause of the money PPV brings in... but if it did, how do y'all think it'd do?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
25 million plus

Ive always wondered why boxing doenst have more fights on network TV. Not a mega fight, but a Floyd/Guerrero-type of fight. I think it would do big numbers and bring you to a new fanbase.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I guess the question is whether a national network would want to promote violence on TV. Not real violence but you know how these mainstream networks are. Fox and ESPN is the only one that I imagine would partake.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
25 million plus

Ive always wondered why boxing doenst have more fights on network TV. Not a mega fight, but a Floyd/Guerrero-type of fight. I think it would do big numbers and bring you to a new fanbase.

because they are greedy fukks. shyt used to be on the wide world of sports all the time. huge fights, for free. thats how you build a fan base. they aremore concerned with the short term ppv buyrate than with the numbers dropping WAY off when pac and floyd go to the backburner and theres no one the public latches on to because you didnt expose them properly

killacal

Banned
Daps
I guess the question is whether a national network would want to promote violence on TV. Not real violence but you know how these mainstream networks are. Fox and ESPN is the only one that I imagine would partake.

UFC is all over tv :beli:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
you do realize auto racing, hockey, MMA, XGames, and football are on network television? :usure:

because they are greedy fukks. shyt used to be on the wide world of sports all the time. huge fights, for free. thats how you build a fan base. they aremore concerned with the short term ppv buyrate than with the numbers dropping WAY off when pac and floyd go to the backburner and theres no one the public latches on to because you didnt expose them properly
I agree completely.

I think they could make a buttload of money on network television too. Not as much as PPV, but a good chunk. Advertisers would love to lend their products to it too.

I understand having the mega fights on PPV, but the "warm up" fights could bring in new eyes and fans who would want to buy the PPV for that mega fight.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
25 million plus

Some of these fight nights on HBO and Shotime, that aren't exactly PPV Caliber should be on network TV.

Like why not use Network TV to build attention around younger American/Mexican fighters especially during the middle week?

get the fresh faces during the week with enough reputable names to draw casual fans...and have Saturday be the big time fights and PPV's

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
get the fresh faces during the week with enough reputable names to draw casual fans...and have Saturday be the big time fights and PPV's

CBS did this for a card last year on the Khan/Molina card which aired later that night on Showtime.

Leo Santa-Cruz was the featured fighter. It did about 1.5 million, which isnt a bad number for a Saturday afternoon.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
X games is huge, i just dont consider them violent in the same sense

it's still something where you run the high risk of people dying on live TV

i can watch football and that's a sport that's extremely violent.

Nascar routinely has huge wrecks on regular TV, Dale Ernhardt died on national TV.

i can watch CSI and see shootouts, fights etc..... why not Boxing?