"I am the woman in the 'racist Dove ad'. I am not a victim"

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I thought about Asian women but then thought about the fact that every woman had their skin tone reflect with their shirt. Main reason they used a white woman so pale. An Asian woman, for them, might wear yellow but of course problems would arise from that so they left an Asian woman out. Actually come to think of it the white woman could have been replaced by an Asian woman.

Ideally, at least for me, as it stands the ad would have the women get darker as they took off darker shirts, pale(white woman) then tan(Hispanic woman) then dark brown(black woman)

The main takeaway to me is them not wanting to do the imagery of a white woman turning into a black woman but having no problem with the reverse.
That "ambiguous" ( she's looks white to me) looking woman doesn't look tan me.

That's another thing "in between" or "tan" is also shown as some white hispanic person in many of these ads.
That's why they had to get a pale red head because if it was your average brunette white woman no one woud be able to tell the difference and thats the tea:mjpls:.

Basically its a black women turing into a red head and a brunette woman.

You're right, they couldnt imagine the opposite.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol that's not a brown woman. She's a tan white woman. Lets keep it real

Thats why the representation is already screwed.

Y'all gotta stop labeling these white Arabs and Latinos as brown. That's not fair to actual brown folks.

Only truly brown person in that ad is the back woman.
What makes her a tan white woman? And I was speaking to her skin tone, not on that other shyt. You got pale, dark, and brown. Simple. I don't care about that other mess.

I agree

But sometimes that black customer service is lacking....sad but true
:rocky:The hell that got to do with patronizing a black business? If you haven't even bought from one for a particular product, what does "some having bad customer service"
have to do with it? You trippin:ufdup:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
What makes her a tan white woman? And I was speaking to her skin tone, not on that other shyt. You got pale, dark, and brown. Simple. I don't care about that other mess.

:rocky:The hell that got to do with patronizing a black business? If you haven't even bought from one for a particular product, what does "some having bad customer service"
have to do with it? You trippin:ufdup:
Lol that is not brown. You tripping.

What makes her not a tan white woman?

Her skin is not physically a visable brown shade a brown or beige. She is peach colored like a white women.
She does not have any visiable melanin in her complexion but she is brown and gets to represent one? On What planet doesn't that make any logical sense?

She only brown because you subconsciously accepting racist propaganda.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol that is not brown. You tripping.

What makes her not a tan white woman?

Her skin is not physically a visable brown shade a brown or beige. She is peach colored like a white women.
She does not have any visiable melanin in her complexion but she is brown and gets to represent one? On What planet doesn't that make any logical sense?

She only brown because you subconsciously accepting racist propaganda.
:gucci:What is this babble? The dark haired chick is clearly not from the same background as the woman who precedes her. This isn't about the dumb
ass color coding of "white, black, brown" etc. What do you expect me to call her? Between the two, she is at least tan, which does not describe her background aka
what group she is from. Whether you consider her a white person or not does not change the fact that in a room full of good ole boys, she clearly ain't the same.

I really struggle to get what your point is.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Did a paler person turn into a darker person at any point in the ad?

That's not the point though. The taking off of the shirts are simple transition shots.

No one is "turning into" anyone else.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
How is this c00ning when the white woman turned into a Mexican? Its not like she washed away the blackness and the ad ends with a statement of how much more beautiful someone is. Am I missing something or has the response been over reactionary?
Cuz yt is right n latinos r exotic in there eyes which thwy lust after

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
:gucci:What is this babble? The dark haired chick is clearly not from the same background as the woman who precedes her. This isn't about the dumb
ass color coding of "white, black, brown" etc. What do you expect me to call her? Between the two, she is at least tan, which does not describe her background aka
what group she is from. Whether you consider her a white person or not does not change the fact that in a room full of good ole boys, she clearly ain't the same.

I really struggle to get what your point is.
She is clearly same. Lol their are million of white people who look like that weirdo.

She's is between the two? lol. So a black and white person make that white looking girl in the ad?

So every white person is a ginger or blonde to you? Lol so basically all white people have to do is color their brunette and now all of a sudden a "person of color" .

Hispanic is not a race and her ancestors enslaved your black ass Latino cousins just the same stupid!

Negros literally calling white women ethnics now. That's why black folks can't get ahead.

Last edited:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Negros literally calling white women ethnics now. That's why black folks can't get ahead.
:picard:Oh its my fault?

I quoted you on the order of the women presented. What is this bullshyt you talmbout? And why is it my fault we can't get ahead?

(Don't really answer that. I lost interest in this convo hours ago.)