I consider Jadakiss to be one of the 10 greatest rappers ever. Do you?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cool, but then I'd also assume you have him over...

Chuck D
AZ
Ghostface
Common
Guru
Raekwon
Big Pun
Slick Rick
Prodigy

And people like that, which is of course your prerogative, but personally wouldn't agree with all those. I fukk with Jadakiss though, he's dope.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
v
Cool, but then I'd also assume you have him over...

Chuck D
AZ
Ghostface
Common
Guru
Raekwon
Big Pun
Slick Rick
Prodigy

And people like that, which is of course your prerogative, but personally wouldn't agree with all those. I fukk with Jadakiss though, he's dope.
gimme kiss over krs too and insert prodigy and its a good top 10

i'm a 90s baby though

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
This is how I see it.

I heard LOX for the first time in like '95. I thought this dude was gonna be like where Hov and Nas ended up being. He just had it. When the solos started droppin', he kinda lost something, to me. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't the same. Dude was the illest on those old Clue tapes. I almost feel like he's actually better when he's with SP. The Ghost brings the best outta Kiss, and those are the records and freestyles that made me a fan.
yea man, dude has it all . dunno how it never translated into a classic album. I used to hear dude's punchlines, go :gladbron: , rewind them on some :banderas: shyt. nikkas used to go to the mall screaming G-unit and Dblock during those mid 00s wars :heh:
In order to say this you have not be alble to name 9 better...

(in any order)
1- Jay-Z
2- Nas
3- 2pac
4- Snoop
5- BIG
6- E-40
7- LL Cool J
8- Rakim
9- DMX
10- Busta Rhymes
11- Game
12- Eminem

nah....

more like top 30. He doesn't even have a solo classic like the ones I named.
-Game? :comeon: his best album was written by somebody else :heh: . I'd have AZ, Cormega or Big Pun over him.
-Rakim and LL? i dont know i've never gone back and listen to their old shyt.shyt i think the only reason ppl keep mentioning old heads is because of nostalgia :yeshrug:
- E-40? :patrice: nah...
-No outkast? :what:
-Snoop? if you want to put him up there because of his flow and longevity then i can understand. But in truth i dont think he deserves to be in the top 12 :yeshrug:

DMX's prime was way too short.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
N!ggas need to get all the way the fvck outta here dissing old heads like Kane, KRS, Rakim, LL and em. Those n!ggas is before my time but show some respect for their achievements and the mark they left on the game. Them same n!ggas ya'll bigging up and throwing in the Top 10 over them, is a hop, skip and a jump away from being considered old as sh!t and played out by the next generation. 5 years from now some idiot gonna be posting "-Jada and Fabolous? i dont know i've never gone back and listen to their old shyt.shyt i think the only reason ppl keep mentioning old heads is because of nostalgia :yeshrug:". Watch. Dudes out here now consider G-Unit and D-Block old school. And yea, that was a shot at you @gho3st .

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
v

gimme kiss over krs too and insert prodigy and its a good top 10

i'm a 90s baby though

Cool, can't really be mad about people's preferences. The KRS-One 1 though, for me personally Kris is significantly better than Jadakiss, in nearly every way. Particularly body of work.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea man, dude has it all . dunno how it never translated into a classic album. I used to hear dude's punchlines, go :gladbron: , rewind them on some :banderas: shyt. nikkas used to go to the mall screaming G-unit and Dblock during those mid 00s wars :heh:

-Game? :comeon: his best album was written by somebody else :heh: . I'd have AZ, Cormega or Big Pun over him.
-Rakim and LL? i dont know i've never gone back and listen to their old shyt.shyt i think the only reason ppl keep mentioning old heads is because of nostalgia :yeshrug:
- E-40? :patrice: nah...
-No outkast? :what:
-Snoop? if you want to put him up there because of his flow and longevity then i can understand. But in truth i dont think he deserves to be in the top 12 :yeshrug:

DMX's prime was way too short.

You wouldn't know if you haven't gone back to listen, would make sense to do that as they are both legends and big artists. Rakim in particular, it's certainly not nostalgia, he made incredible songs/music, I listen to Rakim regularly to this day, even his shyt from the 80's. Ra was before my time too but I can appreciate the greatness hearing it back. Rakim was just amazing, his lyrics from the 80's are better than every mainstream rapper today in my opinion, excluding Nas and even that's arguable.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cool, can't really be mad about people's preferences. The KRS-One 1 though, for me personally Kris is significantly better than Jadakiss, in nearly every way. Particularly body of work.
i would agree...his body of work is better and hes more legendary no doubt more impact and all that. But the music is too advanced now than it was then. I aint listening to KRS one in 2014 except for certain songs. Flow is dated and robotic, beats are dusty etc. Rakim too.

Jadakiss is equal to or more skilled than any rapper from before 92. Only ones close are Kool G Rap and MAYBE Treach. That's including Ice Cube even to me.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
N!ggas need to get all the way the fvck outta here dissing old heads like Kane, KRS, and em. Those n!ggas is before my time but show some respect for their achievements and the mark they left on the game. Them same n!ggas ya'll bigging up and throwing in the Top 10 over them, is a hop, skip and a jump away from being considered old as sh!t and played out by the next generation. 5 years from now some idiot gonna be posting "-Jada and Fabolous? i dont know i've never gone back and listen to their old shyt.shyt i think the only reason ppl keep mentioning old heads is because of nostalgia". Watch. Dudes out here now consider G-Unit and D-Block old school. And yea, that was a shot at you @gho3st .
so you've taken everything i've said and reduce it to shytting on old heads. if that ever happens.....saying they are old school and putting their work among the best is two different things wouldn't you say? And nobody in their right mind would put Fabulous in the top 10. You should have picked better examples. As far as Jada, I said that he has it all except a couple of classic(or near classic) albums to put him there.

And if you do keep putting those old heads in the top 10 regardless of a 20-30years gap, you would be admitting that rap/hip hop hasn't evolved :manny:

You wouldn't know if you haven't gone back to listen, would make sense to do that as they are both legends and big artists. Rakim in particular, it's certainly not nostalgia, he made incredible songs/music, I listen to Rakim regularly to this day, even his shyt from the 80's. Ra was before my time too but I can appreciate the greatness hearing it back. Rakim was just amazing, his lyrics from the 80's are better than every mainstream rapper today in my opinion, excluding Nas and even that's arguable.
Like i said in my reply to @Billy Ocean, rap has evolved. If you ignore that, then it's nostalgia talking.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i would agree...his body of work is better and hes more legendary no doubt more impact and all that. But the music is too advanced now than it was then. I aint listening to KRS one in 2014 except for certain songs. Flow is dated and robotic, beats are dusty etc. Rakim too.

Jadakiss is equal to or more skilled than any rapper from before 92. Only ones close are Kool G Rap and MAYBE Treach. That's including Ice Cube even to me.

I don't agree with that at all. KRS-One's 90's work is even much better than anything Kiss has done to me, and this is said being a Kiss fan, Return Of The Boom Bap, KRS-One and even later 2000's shyt like Kristyles to me is better. In terms of Rakim, would put Rakim's Seventh Seal album over any Jadakiss project which is around 4.5 mics to me, not including his past classic work. But it's gonna come down to personal opinions so all can do is say have different taste, but I bump KRS and Rakim a lot more than Kiss. Also when it comes several other aspects I think objectively they well ahead of Kiss that is less opinion based.

Also disagree with the skill thing, I think there's been MASSES of MC's after 92 that have had a lot more skill than Jadakiss, don't get me wrong Jadakiss is dope. But there's been so many great MC's after that who have exhibited much more skill on the mic.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so you've taken everything i've said and reduce it to shytting on old heads. if that ever happens.....saying they are old school and putting their work among the best is two different things wouldn't you say? And nobody in their right mind would put Fabulous in the top 10. You should have picked better examples. As far as Jada, I said that he has it all except a couple of classic(or near classic) albums to put him there.

And if you do keep putting those old heads in the top 10 regardless of a 20-30years gap, you would be admitting that rap/hip hop hasn't evolved :manny:

Like i said in my reply to @Billy Ocean, rap has evolved. If you ignore that, then it's nostalgia talking.

It's evolved when? It's arguably gone backwards, lyrically the biggest rappers from the 80's are destroying the biggest rappers from today, same with the 90's.

"There's a misconception that a movement in any direction is progression"

It's just opinions, an opinion I personally disagree with strongly.