I have to Admit, Kanye West is the Total Package

Kanye West

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is exactly my point. You're talking about kanye walking into signs and getting mad or him impregnating Kim Kardashian.

What does that have to do with these lines from new slaves

There's broke people racism, don't touch anything in the store.
Then there's rich people racism, please shop here some more.

He is saying that regardless of his wealth, of his chick, of his status, the powers that be will try to hold us down simply because we are classified according to the color of our skin.

That we should be judged off of more than that is his argument and he is using these songs to let black people know this.

Despite anything you say about kanye west, the first thing you will say is he is a black man. And he has been talking about the different treatment that blacks receive since he first dropped. Speaking on his ability to overcome all the ills and traps waiting for black men and how even though he may fall victim to some things, he realizes there is a bigger game to be played.

1st album - all falls down
2nd album - heard em say
3rd album - Everything I'm not
4th album - Amazin
5th album - Power
6th album - Murder to Excellence.

Also add his outbursts at awards when Beyonce is treated differently than Taylor Swift meanwhile Hov is just like whatever, it's just an award show.

Add how he is the only one who used his podium to speak on the treatment of those on New Orleans. He spoke specifically to the treatment of one group vs the other re looters vs people looking for food and he said he didn't do enough but he is trying and we all need to try cause no one has our back but us.

When I see posts like ROFL_GUY bringing up Eminem for no reason, this just further proves what Ye is getting at.

This is not something new from Ye. He went on SNL last time after being almost banished from music and dropped a track about the power he wants and they won't let him have.

Now he comes back and once again, puts his whole career on the line knowing the backlash he will get from critics but even worse the backlash from the fans, who in this socially connected world, will dissect every aspect of his life to try to discredit this truth that they chose not to see. In one track, he said my mom was discriminated and here I am, someone who made it and I'm still discriminated on. The corporations are trying to enchant us, Meanwhile, the govt is trying to contain us. Then on the next track, he talks about how they burned Lebrons jersey, and how a black man with a white woman (lebron on magazine, I can't recall which one) is comparable to King Kong and you know how his fate ended. He speaks on the ills in Chicago, and how people are angry. And meanwhile you focus on a historical error.

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Hate all you want on the man but if you can't see what he has been saying since day one, I feel that you are playing dumb ie Jay-z and just trying to get in where you fit in or truly just blind to the facts.

Sorry for typing out this essay, but I feel that there are a lot of intelligent people on the Coli, and this collective consciousness is trying to totally turn them off from the point of these songs which is why I continue to respond to most of these posts even if they're trolls.

I know it won't, but the thread should end here. This post makes the OP's rant look awfully petty.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
OMG, frcking Ben Affleck is hosting...and we know what a ball breaker he can be....yikes...the crowd is teeming with liberal 20 something's....egad....will my industrial rock riff/projector image art sink me in front of this sea of sharks??!?!???

Kanye fukking West we're talking about. Not Krs One. Not Professor X. Not Khalud Muhammad of Reverend Al....Kanye fukking West. The dopey pop star.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
OMG, frcking Ben Affleck is hosting...and we know what a ball breaker he can be....yikes...the crowd is teeming with liberal 20 something's....egad....will my industrial rock riff/projector image art sink me in front of this sea of sharks??!?!???

Kanye fukking West we're talking about. Not Krs One. Not Professor X. Not Khalud Muhammad of Reverend Al....Kanye fukking West. The dopey pop star.

Thats my point. I know you're an older head and I give you respect for that but this is the package that IS kanye west doing his best to represent for the KRS's, the Professor X's and the rest who don't have the podium he has but would completely agree with what he is saying.

These songs are simply an ode to that one reality of life. And, how can you knock him for stating something that is simply true.

Does any action Kanye west takes make anything he states in the song any less true?

Because his girl slept with Ray J on tape? Does that negate the central theme of the song?

Does him hobnobbing with couture fashion designers negate these themes?

Does his dresscode? Or his rash behavior?

That's all I'm getting at fam.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This is exactly my point. You're talking about kanye walking into signs and getting mad or him impregnating Kim Kardashian.

What does that have to do with these lines from new slaves

Nothing...but then again, i was replying to you comparing Kanye's hypocrisy to MLK getting some p*ssy in the midst of laying his life down for civil rights.

You talking about trolls...i would hope you were trolling saying some shyt like that. You typed all that shyt and completely glossed over how far wide you missed with that comparison in defense of a nikka complaining about white people trying to sell him stuff. :laugh:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Thats my point. I know you're an older head and I give you respect for that but this is the package that IS kanye west doing his best to represent for the KRS's, the Professor X's and the rest who don't have the podium he has but would completely agree with what he is saying.

These songs are simply an ode to that one reality of life. And, how can you knock him for stating something that is simply true.

Does any action Kanye west takes make anything he states in the song any less true?

Because his girl slept with Ray J on tape? Does that negate the central theme of the song?

Does him hobnobbing with couture fashion designers negate these themes?

Does his dresscode? Or his rash behavior?

That's all I'm getting at fam.

Well maybe he should try not sucking. Then I'd probably have more interest in what he says good, bad or indifferent.

The song is bad. Even for Kanye.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Nothing...but then again, i was replying to you comparing Kanye's hypocrisy to MLK getting some p*ssy in the midst of laying his life down for civil rights.

You talking about trolls...i would hope you were trolling saying some shyt like that. You typed all that shyt and completely glossed over how far wide you missed with that comparison in defense of a nikka complaining about white people trying to sell him stuff. :laugh:

Okay, point taken. It was a reach, LOL

FRIED MASON

Superstar
Daps
You realize Walt is an actual professor in real life right?

You realize he's excoriated Nas and Cube in a similar fashion on these forums huh?

Hey.. I don't even know why I'm telling you this.. You seem to have all Kanye West critics and their motivations figured out..

:russ:

:nowoah::nowoah::nowoah:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not just hypocrisy. Its not just Kanye says one thing and does another. Its not just Kanye raps about ideas that often conflict with each other.

The problem is Kanye LITERALLY PUTS HIMSELF ON THE CROSS. He's made himself a martyr so we gotta look at the man and his life and see if any of it makes sense. It does not.

He equates his own fake struggles (white people criticize me even though I wear Alexander Wang :dwillhuh:) with the actual struggles of slavery, Jim Crow and the remnants that exist today. Nobody gives a fukk about Alexander Wang. Nobody. Thats a Kanye problem not a black problem. He exploits these ideas only to bring attention to himself and that is disrespectful and an insult to intelligence. He does the same thing with religion just like Madonna and Marilyn Manson before him.

He is not a martyr, or a leader, or even an artist with insightful ideas to share. He is just a dumb fakkit.

this post should sit side by side with walts epic opener. i wish we could get these posts out there into the wider interenet cause u for damn sure not gonna see it at Pitchfork or stereogum or rap radar.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You realize Walt is an actual professor in real life right?

You realize he's excoriated Nas and Cube in a similar fashion on these forums huh?

Hey.. I don't even know why I'm telling you this.. You seem to have all Kanye West critics and their motivations figured out..

:russ:

@Walt can you make a thread on your feelings on Nas? :win:

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
New Slaves was wack AF the "beat" was horrendous. Black Skinhead was ok, but i'm not really feelin it

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
A man who's mother's death is tied to the ultimate act of vanity and insecurity.
This is dumb.

And he's crack for a lot of black people, the same way Ayn Rand is for a certain lot of whites, because both appeal to a warped sense of persecution while confirming their most basic, shallow notions of how the world is and how it should be, [B}a world in which contradictions empower rather than hinder a person's character or message. [/B]
This is highly problematic. A thinking man should know better.