Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Only one Total Package:

lex-luger-pec-flex-4-o.gif

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Because in order for him to deliver that message his character needs not fall under what he's talking down on.

That my friend is called being a hypocrite.

History is full of men whose messages were greater than their character.

Only little kids go, "ooh, ooh, I can't see this as good logic because you're doing a no-no."

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
History is full of men whose messages were greater than their character.

Only little kids go, "ooh, ooh, I can't see this as good logic because you're doing a no-no."

:snoop:

Now we are calling Kanye West a major figure in the history of humanity?

Can you guys stop, please. You are embarrassing this board as a whole with some of these responses defending him.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps

Now we are calling Kanye West a major figure in the history of humanity?

Can you guys stop, please. You are embarrassing this board as a whole with some of these responses defending him.

:kobewut:

Where did I say he was a major figure? Jesus, do all of you nikkas just put phrases in people's mouths to further your own argument? Seriously.

Saying history is full of men like him =/= me saying he's a major figure. And even if I wanted to say that I wouldn't necessarily wrong if we're speaking musically.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
What is his message?

It's already been illustrated several times in this thread.

Unless you want me to talk about the message that the OP (eloquently, will not lie) deconstructed. Oh wait, that was more on Kanye the person, not Kanye the artist.

Have your little anti-Kanye circlejerk. I've criticized the man myself for making songs like Murder to Excellence and consigning Chief Keef. But sheesh, the shyt going on in this thread is nothing more than people who dislike Kanye playing patty cake with each other and then saying things like, "b-b-but the music sucks!" as if that isn't subjective in and of itself.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
It's already been illustrated several times in this thread.

Unless you want me to talk about the message that the OP (eloquently, will not lie) deconstructed. Oh wait, that was more on Kanye the person, not Kanye the artist.

Have your little anti-Kanye circlejerk. I've criticized the man myself for making songs like Murder to Excellence and consigning Chief Keef. But sheesh, the shyt going on in this thread is nothing more than people who dislike Kanye playing patty cake with each other and then saying things like, "b-b-but the music sucks!" as if that isn't subjective in and of itself.

Why you acting like a lady for? I just asked a simple question...

What is his message?

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Why you acting like a lady for? I just asked a simple question...

What is his message?

I'm acting like a lady, but you're namecalling? :comeon:

Asking me to label his message, so you can write about how it's phony? Even though multiple people have described it already?

I'm good. I said my piece. I know I'm not going to change your opinion, nor you mine.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
So he's made a song about hating the people around him and the fact that he's rich a popular. But then complains when his Lamborghini gets stuck in between a gated residence and marries/knocks up the one woman that's arguably the paparazzi's biggest (:lolbron:) target.

The "Woe is me, I'm rich and you why can't leave me alone" shtick gets old. Honestly, the tracks weren't even all that musically. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So he's made a song about hating the people around him and the fact that he's rich a popular. But then complains when his Lamborghini gets stuck in between a gated residence and marries/knocks up the one woman that's arguably the paparazzi's biggest (:lolbron:) target.

The "Woe is me, I'm rich and you why can't leave me alone" shtick gets old. Honestly, the tracks weren't even all that musically. :ehh:

man, just shut up. this has already been addressed.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I'm acting like a lady, but you're namecalling? :comeon:

Asking me to label his message, so you can write about how it's phony? Even though multiple people have described it already?

I'm good. I said my piece. I know I'm not going to change your opinion, nor you mine.

What's his message?

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This is exactly my point. You're talking about kanye walking into signs and getting mad or him impregnating Kim Kardashian.

What does that have to do with these lines from new slaves

There's broke people racism, don't touch anything in the store.
Then there's rich people racism, please shop here some more.

He is saying that regardless of his wealth, of his chick, of his status, the powers that be will try to hold us down simply because we are classified according to the color of our skin.

That we should be judged off of more than that is his argument and he is using these songs to let black people know this.

Despite anything you say about kanye west, the first thing you will say is he is a black man. And he has been talking about the different treatment that blacks receive since he first dropped. Speaking on his ability to overcome all the ills and traps waiting for black men and how even though he may fall victim to some things, he realizes there is a bigger game to be played.

1st album - all falls down
2nd album - heard em say
3rd album - Everything I'm not
4th album - Amazin
5th album - Power
6th album - Murder to Excellence.

Also add his outbursts at awards when Beyonce is treated differently than Taylor Swift meanwhile Hov is just like whatever, it's just an award show.

Add how he is the only one who used his podium to speak on the treatment of those on New Orleans. He spoke specifically to the treatment of one group vs the other re looters vs people looking for food and he said he didn't do enough but he is trying and we all need to try cause no one has our back but us.

When I see posts like ROFL_GUY bringing up Eminem for no reason, this just further proves what Ye is getting at.

This is not something new from Ye. He went on SNL last time after being almost banished from music and dropped a track about the power he wants and they won't let him have.

Now he comes back and once again, puts his whole career on the line knowing the backlash he will get from critics but even worse the backlash from the fans, who in this socially connected world, will dissect every aspect of his life to try to discredit this truth that they chose not to see. In one track, he said my mom was discriminated and here I am, someone who made it and I'm still discriminated on. The corporations are trying to enchant us, Meanwhile, the govt is trying to contain us. Then on the next track, he talks about how they burned Lebrons jersey, and how a black man with a white woman (lebron on magazine, I can't recall which one) is comparable to King Kong and you know how his fate ended. He speaks on the ills in Chicago, and how people are angry. And meanwhile you focus on a historical error.

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Hate all you want on the man but if you can't see what he has been saying since day one, I feel that you are playing dumb ie Jay-z and just trying to get in where you fit in or truly just blind to the facts.

Sorry for typing out this essay, but I feel that there are a lot of intelligent people on the Coli, and this collective consciousness is trying to totally turn them off from the point of these songs which is why I continue to respond to most of these posts even if they're trolls.

For everyone who missed this the first time. This is his message and you're avoiding it by attacking the person but not speaking on the message.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
What's his message?

I know you're trolling because this was just on the previous page. :aicmon:

This is exactly my point. You're talking about kanye walking into signs and getting mad or him impregnating Kim Kardashian.

What does that have to do with these lines from new slaves

There's broke people racism, don't touch anything in the store.
Then there's rich people racism, please shop here some more.

He is saying that regardless of his wealth, of his chick, of his status, the powers that be will try to hold us down simply because we are classified according to the color of our skin.

That we should be judged off of more than that is his argument and he is using these songs to let black people know this.

Despite anything you say about kanye west, the first thing you will say is he is a black man. And he has been talking about the different treatment that blacks receive since he first dropped. Speaking on his ability to overcome all the ills and traps waiting for black men and how even though he may fall victim to some things, he realizes there is a bigger game to be played.

1st album - all falls down
2nd album - heard em say
3rd album - Everything I'm not
4th album - Amazin
5th album - Power
6th album - Murder to Excellence.

Also add his outbursts at awards when Beyonce is treated differently than Taylor Swift meanwhile Hov is just like whatever, it's just an award show.

Add how he is the only one who used his podium to speak on the treatment of those on New Orleans. He spoke specifically to the treatment of one group vs the other re looters vs people looking for food and he said he didn't do enough but he is trying and we all need to try cause no one has our back but us.

When I see posts like ROFL_GUY bringing up Eminem for no reason, this just further proves what Ye is getting at.

This is not something new from Ye. He went on SNL last time after being almost banished from music and dropped a track about the power he wants and they won't let him have.

Now he comes back and once again, puts his whole career on the line knowing the backlash he will get from critics but even worse the backlash from the fans, who in this socially connected world, will dissect every aspect of his life to try to discredit this truth that they chose not to see. In one track, he said my mom was discriminated and here I am, someone who made it and I'm still discriminated on. The corporations are trying to enchant us, Meanwhile, the govt is trying to contain us. Then on the next track, he talks about how they burned Lebrons jersey, and how a black man with a white woman (lebron on magazine, I can't recall which one) is comparable to King Kong and you know how his fate ended. He speaks on the ills in Chicago, and how people are angry. And meanwhile you focus on a historical error.

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Hate all you want on the man but if you can't see what he has been saying since day one, I feel that you are playing dumb ie Jay-z and just trying to get in where you fit in or truly just blind to the facts.

Sorry for typing out this essay, but I feel that there are a lot of intelligent people on the Coli, and this collective consciousness is trying to totally turn them off from the point of these songs which is why I continue to respond to most of these posts even if they're trolls.