I just bought a shytload of yarn...

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Nearly three weeks, it’s purely gonna be a hobby but I was thinking some cute small stuff like socks and a hat, maybe a sweater- were in Texas so not like he’ll get a ton of use out of it.
Oh, you straight. I thought you was gon say three YEARS. :mjlol:

trap101

All Star
Daps
:pachaha: I had a year where I made a bunch of hats and scarves. Ngl, its exciting bc they're such quick projects. You can buy a few skeins of excellent yarn and feel no type of way.

I'm doing this project in acrylic bc I have no faith. 😔
Gonna have to change the user name to Auntie_HarlemHottie now......:francis:....... I thought you had a solid decade or two before the menopause hobbies began...:pachaha:......

In truth enjoy your art and endeavours that bring joy... :salute:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Gonna have to change the user name to Auntie_HarlemHottie now......:francis:....... I thought you had a solid decade or two before the menopause hobbies began...:pachaha:......

In truth enjoy your art and endeavours that bring joy... :salute:
Tbh, I don't wanna spend money on substandard goods. For the small period in my life that I worked, I worked in fashion. My mother went to FIT, I'm born and bred to this shyt. The clothes now are trash. Not the styles- the workmanship.

If I pay for some designer shyt, I expect the seams to look better than some fast fashion shyt. BUT THEY DONT. So I said, fukk em. 'I can do bad all by myself.' :ld:

trap101

All Star
Daps
Tbh, I don't wanna spend money on substandard goods. For the small period in my life that I worked, I worked in fashion. My mother went to FIT, I'm born and bred to this shyt. The clothes now are trash. Not the styles- the workmanship.

If I pay for some designer shyt, I expect the seams to look better than some fast fashion shyt. BUT THEY DONT. So I said, fukk em. 'I can do bad all by myself.' :ld:
IDK what FIT is but i'm deducing Fashion Institute "something".....

I sympathize with the workmanship angle. I can't make any of that myself, but now I more so do budget shopping for my styling cause the price for what I get from the name brands is not doing it....I could look just as good without tripping on the 3000% markup to just say "I got it".....

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
IDK what FIT is but i'm deducing Fashion Institute "something".....

I sympathize with the workmanship angle. I can't make any of that myself, but now I more so do budget shopping for my styling cause the price for what I get from the name brands is not doing it....I could look just as good without tripping on the 3000% markup to just say "I got it".....
This is what I'm saying. As a kid, I lived at sample sales (real designers). I worked for, at the time, top fashion houses. This shyt is unacceptable to me. and I refuse to go along with it. Unlike many in the back offices, I actually know how to craft quality garments. My mother sewed a million kente/ various African print corsets for the Black Expo back in the day (and I helped).

I dont need this shyt, so I said fukk em. :umad: :yeshrug:

trap101

All Star
Daps

This is what I'm saying. As a kid, I lived at sample sales (real designers). I worked for, at the time, top fashion houses. This shyt is unacceptable to me. and I refuse to go along with it. Unlike many in the back offices, I actually know how to craft quality garments. My mother sewed a million kente/ various African print corsets for the Black Expo back in the day (and I helped).

I dont need this shyt, so I said fukk em. :umad: :yeshrug:
:blessed: .... I used to eat off those....

After being fashionable long enough, one realizes it isn't the names, it is how you make it flow that matters. But we are in a time of hyperconsumerism and being bombarded by name bramd this and that so it's hard for folks to have a discerning eye...