" I Mean You Made "You Owe Me" Dawg I Thought That You Can Relate"

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Has Nas ever said he didn't like that song or felt that he sold out with it? shyt feel like such a Jay-Zish shot every time i hear that track :heh:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He kinda explained on the remix

You owe me fire though :mjpls:
Is to me too, just felt like Nas was trying to do what Pac said "Rap for the bytches"

Probably wanted some of that Ja Rule fanbase money

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Is to me too, just felt like Nas was trying to do what Pac said "Rap for the bytches"

Probably wanted some of that Ja Rule fanbase money

Nah, "Between Me And You" didn't come out until the next year. Ja was still going for the DMX fanbase when Nastradamus dropped.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Has Nas ever said he didn't like that song or felt that he sold out with it? shyt feel like such a Jay-Zish shot every time i hear that track :heh:

NAS: I wanted to throw something out the window. ’Cause you know what it made me do? I said, “Do I [need to] make this kind of a record?” I questioned myself ’cause I’m like this is the guy, here. I play it again, and now I’m pissed. I’m mad. It ruined my session. We sat there and just talked about Cole and his art.

J. COLE: On the flip side, when I added that Paula Abdul part, I was so excited. I been plotting on using that since I was 14. I had a song with my mans. We had a group together, and it was a flip on that. It was a victory for me—it was self-produced. I wrote the shyt, I ain’t have no big feature. And I had a single that would finally work. But I can absolutely see the other side of it. The fans were like, “Oh my God.” Now I can laugh about this shyt.

NAS: At the end of the day, it’s a clever record. Don’t get it twisted. ’Cause like when Cole says, “You the guy that made ‘You Owe Me,’ and shyt” [on “Let Nas Down”]—which killed me. When I heard that, I was laughing my ass off—I was like touché. That’s my shyt, for the record. But like I said in the [“Let Nas Down”] remix, on my fourth album I got a lot of different fans that I’m tryna holla at. So you’re trying shyt like that. But on album one is when you make that spark that lasts forever. It was a good album, though. And now he’s done it again. So you good in my book.

J. COLE: They say you got your whole life to make your first album. For me, I had to give so much of my life stories, so much of my rhymes on the mixtapes The Come Up, The Warm Up and Friday Night Lights. My first album was like my fourth. I had a conversation with Jay after I played him “Let Nas Down,” and the nikka was like, “I got to figure my shyt out on Vol. 1.; I already had my classic Reasonable Doubt in the stash.” To me, “Work Out” was successful, and I’m happy for it. But it was still me learning how to balance. I gave you “Crooked Smile,” I gave you “Power Trip.” That’s how you maintain yourself. When Jay did“Sunshine,” that was a learning lesson. They play that right now, the nikka would probably run out of the room. But he probably wouldn’t have been able to make “Hard Knock Life” had he not tried to make “Sunshine.”

NAS: Definitely.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/nas-j-cole-cover-vibe-magazine-looking-the-same-age.138057/

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
J.cole got into a beef with fukkin diggy Simmons because this nikka lied about fukking his sister on a song. :mjlol:

his team move smart and he does some great things away from music but he's up there one of the corniest rappers ever to be taken serious.
him and The Game are up there...surprisingly Nas fans seem to have took to both of them.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
:manny:what's with the cole hate???
Pr8wLGq.png