"I respect Puffy as a Businessman but as a musician, He HURT the artform "Dr Dre

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
When did it become cool to call Sean Combs a producer? :dead: He ain't produced shyt in his life, he just takes credit for other people's work. If you go to a restaurant and tell them to add a couple extra ingredients to your meal, that don't mean you have produced the meal. Diddy is a crook who dumbed down Hip Hop game to the point of no return with the bullshyt ass shiny suit c00nery era.

Funny that it's Dre talking about hurting the artform when after Cube left NWA Dre cranked up gangsta rap fukkery to the max.

delnegro

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dre has mad straight loops whether musicians replay them or not and even with that there’s two things going on. Less for the sample $ wise & technically being able to isolate each sound which lets his mixing be top notch. But don’t be fooled because a lead sound & melody was played over it( the west coast whistle sound my hood nikkas would call it).
With that said, there’s instrumentation all over those Puffy loops too, word to Chucky Thomson rip, Stevie J & others.

serial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
R&B is Dre's weakness. Didn't have a #1 R&B hit until 2001 and his R&B work is lackluster compared to the rest of his catalog.

Gonna need receipts that Dre mixed this. Timing-wise Dre would have had nothing to do with the DPG album since it was recorded from 98-99 while Daz was still with Death Row.
He didn't

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
u aint gonna sell mr that funkadelic x parliament , isaac hayes , curtis mayfield were mainstream in white household across america breeh

I'm not mad at anything. I have no horse in this race.

Dr dre has his share of commercial samples as well.

Also, you're underestimating the reach of funkadelic.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Puff doesn't have any obscure samples because he doesn't fukkin do shyt in the studio and u should stop pretending he does

I don't know if puff was the one picking out the samples but he has more obscure/lesser-known samples to his name than Dr dre.

SlurRty

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ x NYC
Putf don’t have any beats. He never made a beat in his life. He not a chopper or a looper. He’s neither. He’s not a hands on producer like Dre. He more a conductor type. He ain’t playing or making nothing though

I mean under 'his' catalog ... He has to have original sounding stuff.