I see why I avoided living around family for so long... (rant incoming)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I'm already ready to leave...Backstory, I’m just supposed to be here to “help”.. been here for a minute this time. I left from around them at like 16 and never came back again to stay until recently.

Ive been driving back n forth from ATL for almost a year to “help”. But basically:

nikkas is always arguing..

Always trying to fight (nikka tried to even fight ME this weekend)...

Always judging..

No privacy..

Always gossiping...

Stay blowing your phone up..

Always got errands to run..

Always asking you to do some uncomfortable shyt that you don’t want to do...

Always need money...

Etc...

I had to vent a lil bit but I see why I only visit for short periods of time and be ready to bounce. Been here for too long already and I’m already stressed tf out ready to dip again. I cut my phone off for like 3 days and crashed at a homie spot to get away from everyone.

I honestly have no idea what to do other than leave. I want to help but this isn’t helping me in anyway at all.

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm already ready to leave...Backstory, I’m just supposed to be here to “help”.. been here for a minute this time. I left from around them at like 16 and never came back again to stay until recently.

Ive been driving back n forth from ATL for almost a year to “help”. But basically:

nikkas is always arguing..

Always trying to fight (nikka tried to even fight ME this weekend)...

Always judging..

No privacy..

Always gossiping...

Stay blowing your phone up..

Always got errands to run..

Always asking you to do some uncomfortable shyt that you don’t want to do...

Always need money...

Etc...
It's hard to get ahead in life when you have a black family, someone always has their hands in your pockets. I go on vacation 3-4 times a year and I get rude remarks like "why don't you use that money to help your family". I refuse to give my hard earned money to financially irresponsible people.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like you are living with family. If that is the case, then you need to get your own spot and lay low for a while. You don't have to deal with negativity and drama, so don't deal with the bs and bounce.

I am so glad that I live alone! Having your own spot is one of the most liberating feelings ever!

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same breh..

At home with my mom and my teenage brother...dude acting out being a knucklehead doing drugs and shyt.

Got the church, all kinds of counselors trying to give him guidance and he just still doesn't want to listen and still do dumb shyt.

I'm trying to help out my mom with groceries walk the dog(brother never walked her, mom don't have time to walk her).

When my brother does some dumb shyt it fukks up the house because my mom will just yell and get real mean and get emotionally abusive. It's a toxic environment I don't want to be here but I love my mom...my feelings for my brother are meh..lowkey I don't really wanna be bothered with dude...I try to gibe him advice when I can then...my family just depresses me..the situation is dysfunctional :francis:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Sounds like you are living with family. If that is the case, then you need to get your own spot and lay low for a while. You don't have to deal with negativity and drama, so don't deal with the bs and bounce.

I am so glad that I live alone! Having your own spot is one of the most liberating feelings ever!
Only here

I stay between my grandparents place and my dads when here.. My dad doesn’t bother me but my grandparents act like they have to be waited on hand and foot

I have my own place in ATL which is where I stay with my nephew. We both pay rent so we good. Financially we’re fine, I do IT contracting for a company I used to work for so I get paid for both and VA shyt. Its not crazy much but I pull in enough to be comfortable. Got my own car (which driving 6 hours to appointments twice a week is beating it tf up) and I got my own shyt. I go to school as well and start new classes next month. This was supposed to be temporary..

because I’m able to move around, they call me to help. And I try to.. Then when I get here they push shyt back and assume that I’m trying to stay forever. Im like “no”

I’m just supposed to be helping my grandma get on her feet, start walking again, start doing stuff on her own for when she is living alone. But she doesn’t want to.

I’m really just trying to help and be cool until she moves into her new house. Then I’m trying to get home to GA asap.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So just leave and don't come back :dwillhuh:

I'm confused at the issue, since you aren't stuck :skip:
Done that already and very close to doing it again. Like I said, I’m older now shyt doesn’t normally bother me but last week/weekend was enough.

I said I’m bouncing this weekend though so we’ll see. I’m trying to be cool and help but nothing is really obligating me to stay. Its just I will feel guilty for leaving right now.

Point of this thread is that people don’t understand why some people dislike being around family... shyt like my OP is why

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Could be worse, you could have no family whatsoever. You just have to be stern and do what's right. Don't let them use you and take advantage, but don't turn your back unless they deserve it.

Your best bet is be upfront, tell them you're not with the fukk-shyt. Be the man, you got the juice now.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Idk why people are so reluctant to cut their family off.

If they’re making your life miserable why are they still in your life???????

I’m agreeing with OP by the way just adding on :hubie:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Only here

I stay between my grandparents place and my dads when here.. My dad doesn’t bother me but my grandparents act like they have to be waited on hand and foot

I have my own place in ATL which is where I stay with my nephew. We both pay rent so we good. Financially we’re fine, I do IT contracting for a company I used to work for so I get paid for both and VA shyt. Its not crazy much but I pull in enough to be comfortable. Got my own car (which driving 6 hours to appointments twice a week is beating it tf up) and I got my own shyt. I go to school as well and start new classes next month. This was supposed to be temporary..

because I’m able to move around, they call me to help. And I try to.. Then when I get here they push shyt back and assume that I’m trying to stay forever. Im like “no”

I’m just supposed to be helping my grandma get on her feet, start walking again, start doing stuff on her own for when she is living alone. But she doesn’t want to.

I’m really just trying to help and be cool until she moves into her new house. Then I’m trying to get home to GA asap.

I hear ya! Hopefully, things will get better for you. Family can really drain you, so I don't blame you for feeling a certain way about things. Stay strong!! *raises fist*

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Idk why people are so reluctant to cut their family off.

If they’re making your life miserable why are they still in your life???????

I’m agreeing with OP by the way just adding on :hubie:
Bottom line right now is guilt.

I’m trying to help but feel miserable in the process. Lack of full nights sleep, plus everything in the OP, plus me needing time to do my own shyt on my own without questioning.

It’s draining af...

And then the main thing to is someone always in my face telling me what I should be doing like I haven’t been doing it without them majoity of my life. Someone always “wanting to talk” about your life or what you did.

I don’t even like talking on the phone, why do people think I want to talk in person?

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Done that already and very close to doing it again. Like I said, I’m older now shyt doesn’t normally bother me but last week/weekend was enough.

I said I’m bouncing this weekend though so we’ll see. I’m trying to be cool and help but nothing is really obligating me to stay. Its just I will feel guilty for leaving right now.

Point of this thread is that people don’t understand why some people dislike being around family... shyt like my OP is why

:mjlol:This nikka O.T.I.S

Cut those nikkas off man :russ: You talking about guilt :mjlol: guilt for what :laff:

There is nothing wrong with choosing your own personal health over family :russ: Family is just bullshyt anyway. I got friends closer than own family. By no later than 4/15 11:59pm you need to be in ATL and never come back. If you really bout that life you would change that number :hubie:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:mjlol:This nikka O.T.I.S

Cut those nikkas off man :russ: You talking about guilt :mjlol: guilt for what :laff:

There is nothing wrong with choosing your own personal health over family :russ: Family is just bullshyt anyway. I got friends closer than own family. By no later than 4/15 11:59pm you need to be in ATL and never come back. If you really bout that life you would change that number :hubie:
Don’t temp me:mjcry:

And guilt for my grandma breh, nobody else.