I seen enough DeAngelo Russell > Lonzo

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Correct me if im wrong but they wouldn't have kuzma if they made that trade and would have needed to pay Russell next year correct? Still a good trade overall.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Russell in his 4th season. What was yā€™all saying about him in his 2nd season?

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
They both guards you can't win with as the lead dog, or the second dog or the third dog.

Shoulda took Donovan Mitchell :blessed:

Shoulda took KP

Imagine

Spida Mitchell
Josh Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
KP

:sas1:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Correct me if im wrong but they wouldn't have kuzma if they made that trade and would have needed to pay Russell next year correct? Still a good trade overall.

They still wouldve had Kuzma. They were picking with the very next pick they took Kuzma with. They wouldnt have had josh hart and thomas bryant.

Also russell is still on his rookie contract. The trade was a L, they shouldve waited, they couldve probably shipped Randle out instead when his value was the highest last year and got mozgov out with him. They didnt anticipate Randle would get in shape and start balling out in his contract year. Anyone they wouldve traded Randle to couldve made him a RFA instead of a UFA

kuts

All Star
Daps
lonzo is not a starter in today's nba

Never was. He has potential, but he needs to develop his skills and basketball sense. Particularly the latter if he's going to be a top defensive point guard. I'd say his optimal timeline is as a bench player for a couple of years where he'll have the time and motivation to refine his strengths.