i stopped eating meat.....now i can't shyt....HELP!

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Increase your water and dietary fiber man. If you haven’t shytted in a week...

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:blessed: been regular.

I posted on the 24th that I was backed up. Stopped taking my fiber supplement, ate low fiber as best as I could. Mid day on the 26th
giphy.gif

Had to throw them supplements in the garbage, rearranged my eating to make sure I'm not getting too much fiber in my diet.

Too much is the same as not enough, it's bad for you.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's a bunch of misleading info in here. Eating greens and brown rice/oats is NOT detrimental to health and saying "Japanese live to 100 years eating rice" is misleading. The "Japanese" y'all talking about is Japanese people in Okinawa, japan who follow a diet that's different from the average Japanese.

OT: I threw that in the bushes a long time ago, white rice digest wayyyyyy better IMO without any bloat. If it was so bad, Japanese people wouldn't be living till 100+ years old eating it. You can get fiber from elsewhere.
Brown rice is nutritionally superior though. Japanese people, namely Okinawans eat brown rice a lot. This isn't the average Japanese.

Top Longevity Foods from Okinawa
BITTER MELONS: Known as goya in Okinawa, bitter melon is often served with other vegetables in a stir-fried dish called goya champuru, the national dish and cornerstone of the Okinawan diet. Recent studies found bitter melon an “effective anti-diabetic” as powerful as pharmaceuticals in helping to regulate blood sugar.

TOFU: Tofu is to Okinawans what bread is to the French and potatoes are to Eastern Europeans: a daily habit. Okinawans eat about eight times more tofu than Americans do today. Along with other soy products, tofu is renowned for helping to protect the heart. Studies show that people who eat soy products in place of meat have lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which reduce their risk of heart disease.

SWEET POTATOES: Okinawan imo is a supercharged purple sweet potato, a cousin of the yellow-orange sweet varieties. Despite its sweet, satisfying taste, the imo does not spike blood sugar as much as a regular white potato. The leaves are eaten as greens in miso soup. Like other sweet potatoes, it contains antioxidants called sporamin, which possess a variety of potent antiaging properties.

Get Blue Zones Sweet Potato Recipes

TURMERIC: Ginger’s golden cousin, turmeric figures prominently in the Okinawan diet as both a spice and a tea. A powerful anticancer, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory agent, turmeric contains several compounds now under study for their antiaging properties, especially the ability to mimic caloric restriction in the body. Its compound curcumin has shown in both clinical and population studies to slow the progression of dementia — which may explain why Okinawans suffer lower rates of Alzheimer’s disease than Americans do.

BROWN RICE: In Okinawa, where centenarians eat rice every day, both brown and white rice are enjoyed. Nutritionally, brown rice is superior. Okinawan brown rice, tastier than the brown rice we know, is soaked in water to germinate until it just begins to sprout, unlocking enzymes that break down sugar and protein and giving the rice a sweet flavor and softer texture.

SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS: These smoky-flavored fungi, which grow naturally on dead bark in forests, help flavor Okinawan’s customary miso soup and stir-fries. They contain more than 100 different compounds with immune-protecting properties. Purchased dried, they can be reconstituted by soaking or by cooking in a liquid like a soup or sauce, and most of their nutritional value remains.

SEAWEEDS: (KOMBU AND WAKAME) Seaweeds in general provide a filling, low-calorie, nutrient-rich boost to the diet. Kombu and wakame are the most common seaweeds eaten in Okinawa, enhancing many soups and stews. Rich in carotenoids, folate, magnesium, iron, calcium, and iodine, they also possess at least six compounds found only in sea plants that seem to serve as effective antioxidants at the cellular level. Both are sold dried and packaged in the United States.

I eat brown rice a few times a week and drink green smooothies often and I have no issues with bowel movements.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
There's a bunch of misleading info in here. Eating greens and brown rice/oats is NOT detrimental to health and saying "Japanese live to 100 years eating rice" is misleading. The "Japanese" y'all talking about is Japanese people in Okinawa, japan who follow a diet that's different from the average Japanese.

Brown rice is nutritionally superior though. Japanese people, namely Okinawans eat brown rice a lot. This isn't the average Japanese.

I eat brown rice a few times a week and drink green smooothies often and I have no issues with bowel movements.

I'm not saying not to eat brown rice or veggies. I stated white rice digests better for many people including myself. Brown rice used to bloat me as it may him. You don't worry too much about the white rice lacking fiber content if you are getting it elsewhere like myself from psyllium husk and veggies.

You are right about the Japanese part, that was me talking loosely. I should have said many Asians or cultures in general eat white rice predominantly and can live for a very long time. At the same time I can easily post conflicting data that contradicts brown rice being better as below to why white rice is better. Eat what works for you.

Brown Rice vs white Rice | Why White Rice Is Healthier Than Brown Rice

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY ASIAN COUNTRIES HAVE EATEN WHITE RICE FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, NOT BROWN?
Because brown rice is full of phytates and lectins, which bind to vitamins and minerals and prevent them from being absorbed.

"
Phytates are anti-nutrients found in grains and legumes. Phytates, or phytic acid, binds to minerals like zinc, copper, iron, magnesium, niacin and calcium, preventing them from being absorbed.

Phytic acid also inhibits pepsin, the enzyme needed to properly break down protein as well as amylase, the enzyme needed to break down sugar. So not only does phytic acid prevent nutrient absorption, it interferes with proper digestion."

-----

From an Asian Dr.

Why Do Asians Eat Mainly White Rice?

One of the reasons why Asians have used mainly white rice over the years is that white rice lasts longer in storage than brown rice. The essential fatty acids found in brown rice usually begin to go bad after approximately 6 to 12 months of storage, the exact amount of time depending on how much oxygen is available. When brown rice is polished down to make white rice, many of the essential fatty acids are lost, allowing white rice to last longer than brown rice without going bad.

Another reason why many Asians prefer white rice is that they have become accustomed to how easy it is to chew and digest. Brown rice requires more chewing power to properly digest than white rice does.

Some Asians refuse to eat brown rice because to them, it's a sign of poverty. Many Asians who are above 40 years of age have been deeply conditioned to believe that prosperous people eat white rice while peasants eat brown rice.

Finally, many Asians choose white rice over brown rice because white rice is less expensive. White rice is far less expensive to produce and distribute because it is in greater global demand and produces higher profits because of its longer shelf life.

-----

Cost of fuel to cook brown rice is an issue, if you have very limited financial resources, but many Asians have the money to cook other dishes which take a long time to cook.

As for the cost of brown rice, I said that I think the production of brown rice must be cheaper as it doesn't involve some of the processing necessary for white rice. Of course this does not mean the cost for the consumer is lower - as you pointed out, it's more expensive (usually) but that is because the market for it is so much smaller; if the majority of people wanted it, there would be more competition, more producers and the price would go down.

My feeling on this subject is that Asians regard white things in general as pure, better and richer, and brown as inferior. You certainly see it in a preference for white skin, white eggs, etc.

As a reinforcer, back at some point in history Asian people did eat brown rice, as it does require less processing, bleaching etc. and then at some point wealthier people started buying and eating white rice, and so I guess it gained a kind of cachet of being "better" and for rich folks.

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
@Fatboi1

Even your own article touches on brown rice's increased digestive burden.

BROWN RICE: In Okinawa, where centenarians eat rice every day, both brown and white rice are enjoyed. Nutritionally, brown rice is superior. Okinawan brown rice, tastier than the brown rice we know, is soaked in water to germinate until it just begins to sprout, unlocking enzymes that break down sugar and protein and giving the rice a sweet flavor and softer texture.

The whole purpose of sprouting grains is to make their nutrition dramatically more bioavailable while minimizing its anti-nutrient profile, making it much easier to digest.

Sprouted seeds contain a dormant supply of nutrients that can give life to a whole plant. These nutrients are stored as large molecules and enzymatic processes are kept dormant by different enzyme inhibitors.

As soon as the seed meets favorable conditions for its germination, the enzyme inhibitors are released into the water and very complex biochemical processes come into play, we will observe the appearance of new nutrients and the transformation of those already present:

- the reserve starch is transformed into simple sugars, assimilated more easily

- proteins are broken down into amino acids, which can also be assimilated without any digestion effort
the lipids are fragmented into fatty acids directly assimilated to the level of intestinal loosens

- Vitamin levels increase dramatically:
Vitamins contained in sprouted wheat at 5 days of germination.
B1 + 20%
B2 + 300%
B3 + 40 to 50%
B6 + 200%
C + 500%
A: + 225%

- the minerals contained in the sprouted seeds are in higher concentration in a chelated (activated) structure which facilitates their bio-availability

Source: Bénéfices nutrtionnels des graines germées et choix d'un germoir, manuel ou automatique ?
(Translate in google)