I think I broke the PS4 HDMI Port (Update:We Back!!!!)

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
My PS4 fell with the HDMI cable plugged in, TV is not receiving any signal.

Looks okay to me

314tjqv.jpg

Update:

Sony warranty expired but that Toysrus second year warranty came in the clutch :whew:

waiting for the shipping label

Update #2: We back!!!!!!

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Probably detached from the motherboard. Connect the HDMI cord and try moving it around gently while the PS4 is turned on.

If you can't get it to show a picture at all, the port was completely detached. If you CAN get it to show a picture it means it is loose and will eventually detach completely unless you don't move it at all for the rest of the console cycle.

In short: The HDMI port on the PS4 is absolute garbage and will require solder work to reattach. From that picture it does look like it has been detached from the motherboard.

Next time maybe don't play the Lloyd Banks music so loud? :ld:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I had the same thing happen before , the only way to fix it is by sending it to Sony

If you have a droid you can download an app that allows you to stream your PS4 on it

PS4s HDMI ports are shyt

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Probably detached from the motherboard. Connect the HDMI cord and try moving it around gently while the PS4 is turned on.

If you can't get it to show a picture at all, the port was completely detached. If you CAN get it to show a picture it means it is loose and will eventually detach completely unless you don't move it at all for the rest of the console cycle.

In short: The HDMI port on the PS4 is absolute garbage and will require solder work to reattach. From that picture it does look like it has been detached from the motherboard.

Next time maybe don't play the Lloyd Banks music so loud? :ld:

I'll try that, if it doesn't work it goes to Sony

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
It says your device is not compatible with this version
I'd just send it back to Sony , and if you have ps plus make sure you ask about that because they didn't give me and extra month or anything

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Lol at " the ports suck" the ports are fine if the shyt doesn't fall
No...the HDMI port on the PS4 is absolute trash. It literally has no reinforcement and some have complained about the port being pushed in. It's one of the worst HDMI ports I have seen on a system/GPU in a very very long time.

If you are someone that likes to travel with your system it will inevitably become a problem connecting and reconnecting the hdmi cord.