I think I broke the PS4 HDMI Port (Update:We Back!!!!)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
keep it flat next time b

Yeah, PS4 ain't meant for vertical, it blocks vents and even with the stand it can tip over easy. Best set up is horizontal and unblocked, even better if you put rubber feets under it (like the ones you see on some PC cases) so the heat that generates under the PS4 can disperse quicker.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My PS4 fell with the HDMI cable plugged in, TV is not receiving any signal.

Looks okay to me

314tjqv.jpg
There is a really good company called Tronicsfix that I have used that offers cheaper repair rates then Sony and a six month warranty. When I upgraded from the three to the 4 I was able to sell my 3 use that money to buy a broken 4 with the blue light of death and get it repaired by them and save a ton of money. Check it out PS4 HDMI Port Repair

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
There is a really good company called Tronicsfix that I have used that offers cheaper repair rates then Sony and a six month warranty. When I upgraded from the three to the 4 I was able to sell my 3 use that money to buy a broken 4 with the blue light of death and get it repaired by them and save a ton of money. Check it out PS4 HDMI Port Repair

Sony comes with free one year warranty, sony and toysrus warranty prices are cheaper than that

PS4 HDMI Port Repair

• Repair Speed: 4-5 Business Days
$89.99

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony comes with free one year warranty, sony and toysrus warranty prices are cheaper than that

PS4 HDMI Port Repair

• Repair Speed: 4-5 Business Days
$89.99
I thought sony had a flat rate or atleast they use to of like 150?

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I had the same thing happen before , the only way to fix it is by sending it to Sony

If you have a droid you can download an app that allows you to stream your PS4 on it

PS4s HDMI ports are shyt

if the HDMI port is broke, I'm assuming it needs to be soldered back to the motherboard. might be able to find a local on craigslist to do it. I'm guessing it's not hard, and you could probably do it yourself.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bought PS4 on launch with extended warranty through Gamestop. Console broke, Sony won't repair under warranty without receipt, any repair would cost me $125, my PS4 is a paperweight until November.
Yeah I hate how sony does that receipt thing I work for Garmin product support and I find it hard to believe they cant at least look up the pack date of the product I can tell they arent allowed to use common sense when helping customers.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Yeah I hate how sony does that receipt thing I work for Garmin product support and I find it hard to believe they cant at least look up the pack date of the product I can tell they arent allowed to use common sense when helping customers.

I have no problem with receipt thing I keep all my receipts when it comes to electronics, but I understand. Even with toysrus you need the receipt, they ask for the store number, register number and transaction number