"I think they’re still counting money in the back office "'13-14 Brooklyn Nets Season Thread

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
According to a league source, Prokhorov is going pay in the neighborhood of an NBA-record $184 million for his roster this season: $101 million in payroll and $83 million in projected luxury taxes.

"I think they're still counting [money] in the back office, but frankly speaking, I just hope the check doesn't bounce," Prokhorov said.

Proky the GOAT owner thank you for actually giving a fukk about the team and trying to win :blessed:

@TR7 @Dirty_Jerz @DStyles @T.O.N.Y 2Chainz @Real Talk of NY @PoPo @relldaproblem @Bk's Mr Incredible @Majestyx @Deron Johnson Howard @King P @feelosofer @Spud34 @JerzeyBoi23 @Ineedmoney504 @SwagKingKong @JAY?

Lets get it yall
brooklyn_nets_logo_detail_secondary.jpg

Last edited:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Various Media day Quotes

"I don’t remember getting a hat, T-shirt, a call for winning the Atlantic Division. I came here to win a championship. I don’t even want to see a banner if we win the division. The expectations have grown." - Paul Pierce.

"Our goal is to win a championship here. ... We have the pieces in this locker room to get it done." - Paul Pierce.

"I don't expect Celtics fans to root for us. I expect Paul Pierce fans to root for us." - Paul Pierce.

"Our owner, he didn't bring us here to win the city of New York. He brought us here to win a championship." - Reggie Evans.

"I think that we kind of were soft. That's the only way to put it. I don't see that being a problem this year." - Deron Williams

"The main thing right now is I could probably go out there and do everything. But if I tweak my ankle or have a setback, then that wouldn't be good. So right now we're just gonna take it slow and see how things go." - Deron Williams

"This is the first time coming into a season where I really, really feel like we can win a championship." - Joe Johnson.

"This year, I don’t think you can load up [on one guy] and double- and triple-team. If you do, you’re probably gonna pay the price. That’s probably gonna be more fun than anything." - Joe Johnson.

"Guys are going to check their egos at the door and won't be stat-chasing. ... We're going to do whatever it takes to win." - Joe Johnson.

"I think our own goals and our own expectations are going to exceed everyone else's ... We're here to get another ring. That's the only reason we came to Brooklyn. ... The ONLY reason." - Kevin Garnett

"It didn't go too well. I'm just being honest. But I understand what he was saying. He's trying to make sure I'm durable and can get through an 82-game season." - Kevin Garnett

Love the attitude. Everyone here with the same goal and purpose and sacrifice is the keyword

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This team can be really scary but I don't know about Jason kidd coaching. Good luck to ya'll though.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Division title? The veteran small forward basically shrugged off any shred of significance that may come along with winning the Atlantic Division crown, stressing the Nets have a bigger fish to reel in.

“Truthfully, it’s not that important,” Pierce said Monday at the team’s media day at the Barclays Center. “I came here to win a championship. I don’t even want to see an Atlantic banner put up if we win it. I didn’t even know how many Atlantic Division championships we won in Boston.”

Told the Celtics rattled off five consecutive Atlantic title-winning seasons, Pierce was still not impressed.

“I don’t remember getting a hat, T-shirt, a call for winning the Atlantic Division,” Pierce said. “You don’t get anything for it. The expectations have grown here in Brooklyn. It’s no longer, ‘The New Jersey Nets, hopefully we can win the division.’ Now, they’re the Brooklyn Nets with championship aspirations, and you see that with the people around here, the owner, what they’ve done to to try to turn this organization around. And that’s what they are quietly building on.”

These dudes better have something left the way they talking.

I know they will be taking on a lesser role and its such a huge upgrade from last season.

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
Let's fukkin go brehs, we actually have a shot to make a little noise this season if our Old Vets don't break down. Goin to see the preseason game on the 15th, just cause I wanna see how we look early chemistry wise.

The alternative title to this thread should be "Gerald Wallace GONE :dj2::stylin::blessed::whew::win:"