I used to clown UK nikkas for drinking tea..

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Now i drink Tea, I'm way more productive :wow:

People that drink tea are smarter? :lupe:

A recent study led by researchers from the National University of Singapore (NUS) revealed that regular tea drinkers have better organised brain regions -- and this is associated with healthy cognitive function -- compared to non-tea drinkers. The research team made this discovery after examining neuroimaging data of 36 adults.

What does tea do?
The findings from the current study not only confirmed earlier research but showed one way this could be explained. Tea drinking seems to help retain intact neural connections between related brain regions, making the brain more organized.

Researcher Lei Feng says, “When a road system is better organised, the movement of vehicles and passengers is more efficient and uses less resources. Similarly, when the connections between brain regions are more structured, information processing can be performed more efficiently.”

The finding that tea drinking reduced the functional asymmetry of the hemispheres should be viewed against the knowledge that asymmetry develops in a U-shape, being first leftward in childhood, rightward in middle age, and then again moving to the left in old age. In that case, the current study suggests a slowing of the leftward shift that is expected with old age, enabling the brain to retain more of a middle-aged profile. This could also explain the better visuospatial processing results in tea drinkers, since this function is performed largely in the right hemisphere.

Tea intake also prevents the decline of cognitive functions related to poorer functional connections in the default mode network. This showed increases of connectivity in some areas while others showed a decline, in the groups of tea drinkers. This could be because new pathways could develop to replace those lost to age-related disruption of existing routes.

Why do we clown nikkas for drinking tea when it is so beneficial?

615jWGwVO4L._AC_SY741_.jpg

I'm drinking cinnamon tea and my brain fog is gone :wow:

I already drink Matcha Tea, which puts me in the zone :whew:

Going to try Black Tea next :mjgrin:

I'm sorry for clowning you UK brehs

Screenshot_2020-01-08-STORMZY-STILL-DISAPPOINTED-YouTube.png

:mjlol: