CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is a weird post, but i just had an idea. But I dont know if its great one yet...:patrice:

I think i wanna start buying (promotional) call options on up-and-coming ATL rappers. Wait, hear me out here.:whoa:

So im assuming yall know what traditional stock options are cause this is the 6fig section so i wont go further on that. The rapper portion is simple. A music artist's ability to promote consumer-products is valuable, especially if you have someone like lil baby, gunna, kevin gates (all from ATL). The issue is the price point for these acts is impractical. But what if you could get them before they became the next big thing?

Grabbing them early presents a challenge because you can never know which person will get signal boosted by a label. For example, Migos was making b-grade music since 2009, but they were largely ignored until 2013. Their success was hard to predict. Imagine if you had purchased future promotional activtity from them in 2010. Both the future promotional opportunity and the rights to it would be astronomical in 2021. But this value is hard to predict. So how do you solve this issue?

Easy. An options contract. We have a huge supply of rappers in ATL who havent blown up yet; and rather than sift through them to determine the next big act, I think it would be doable to have them sign a contract for future promotion of XYZ good, while they are unknown. You can make up for the tremendous field of music hopefuls by having multiple low ball deals with them. Im envisioning something like multiple deals with a standard option premium of $250 paid upfront to the music acts. A duration of 5-10 yrs on the contract; with a strike price of 5k-10k at a future date for the promotional activity.

The music acts benefit with an immediate profit on their activities. The option holder benefits from a steep discount on on future work. Rather than paying market value for 50k+ worth of promotion, one can pay the agreed strike price of 5-10k. The contract itself would have extrinsic value, cause an advertiser can pay the option owner to exercise the rights themselves. So what does theColi think? Is this viable? The ROI alone is mouth watering......:lupe:

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
This is a weird post, but i just had an idea. But I dont know if its great one yet...:patrice:

I think i wanna start buying (promotional) call options on up-and-coming ATL rappers. Wait, hear me out here.:whoa:

So im assuming yall know what traditional stock options are cause this is the 6fig section so i wont go further on that. The rapper portion is simple. A music artist's ability to promote consumer-products is valuable, especially if you have someone like lil baby, gunna, kevin gates (all from ATL). The issue is the price point for these acts is impractical. But what if you could get them before they became the next big thing?

Grabbing them early presents a challenge because you can never know which person will get signal boosted by a label. For example, Migos was making b-grade music since 2009, but they were largely ignored until 2013. Their success was hard to predict. Imagine if you had purchased future promotional activtity from them in 2010. Both the future promotional opportunity and the rights to it would be astronomical in 2021. But this value is hard to predict. So how do you solve this issue?

Easy. An options contract. We have a huge supply of rappers in ATL who havent blown up yet; and rather than sift through them to determine the next big act, I think it would be doable to have them sign a contract for future promotion of XYZ good, while they are unknown. You can make up for the tremendous field of music hopefuls by having multiple low ball deals with them. Im envisioning something like multiple deals with a standard option premium of $250 paid upfront to the music acts. A duration of 5-10 yrs on the contract; with a strike price of 5k-10k at a future date for the promotional activity.

The music acts benefit with an immediate profit on their activities. The option holder benefits from a steep discount on on future work. Rather than paying market value for 50k+ worth of promotion, one can pay the agreed strike price of 5-10k. The contract itself would have extrinsic value, cause an advertiser can pay the option owner to exercise the rights themselves. So what does theColi think? Is this viable? The ROI alone is mouth watering......:lupe:

Can probably be implemented with NFTs on a blockchain network

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
This is very provocative.

Two sites that i have found (short amount of research) are augur.io and betmoose. Both of those places anyone can set up bets using bitcoin on basically binary outcomes. They don't yet havethe functionality to make options contracts on those bets.

I think in lieu of an options contract, at least for the moment, you'd have the bet set up through those platforms for months and years out.

Since ive started this, i have found another place, bitclout that can create value for real life people. The coin is independent to the profiles.

I think your idea is really cool, however, technically it will be kinda difficult to set up, but very very lucrative. I'd try running some of these "will they garner 2mil views on a video on youtube by 11/21 or not" type bets on some of these platforms to see if people will understand it and work with you.

Your money will obviously come in on the volume of the trading being done, not necessarily on the selling/closing of the contracts themselves.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

You should have kept this to yourself and implemented it.