I Want To Believe... But I Can't: The Official 2023 New York Yankees Off-season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marcus Stroman is a #5 starter.
He's a guy who doesn't miss a lot of bats and doesn't go deep into games.

Depending on the contract, or if it's on a small market team somewhere, maybe he's worth a shot.

The upside to someone like Stroman is that he gets a ton of ground balls. So if you have a great infield, there's some value there.

But the bullpen better be on alert on the days he pitches.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
They better fukk off with that signing ASAP.

That's a LaTroy Hawkins or Josh Donaldson signing in the making.

Already about to agitate me before the season starts.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
If they think this is the signing that’s gonna get me back even with the Soto trade they bugging. I’m out on the Yankees till they get a real starter. This guy is your 5th or 6th option.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not rooting for them this season. Not doing it!

I can’t stand that clown. I refuse to root for that cocksucker.
If they think this is the signing that’s gonna get me back even with the Soto trade they bugging. I’m out on the Yankees till they get a real starter. This guy is your 5th or 6th option.
Stroman is good when motivated but yeah thin skinned. He won't go without some kind of controversy.
Hilarious he shyt on Cashman numerous times and got him to pay him. lol
If he’s the 4th or 5th starter then I can live with it. Overall he’s been pretty damn good the past 5-6 years but even aside from his being terminally online (I’d bet he’s blocked at least 28-33% of Yankee twitter) and thin skinned, they still need 1 more arm. He’s done a good job of keeping guys off the bases the past 3 years, but he only averaged 5 innings per start last year and he’s only played 25 and 27 games the past 2 years. Go get Snell or Monty (I prefer Monty). It’s too big a risk to assume Nestor and Rodon will both return to form.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
If he’s the 4th or 5th starter then I can live with it. Overall he’s been pretty damn good the past 5-6 years but even aside from his being terminally online (I’d bet he’s blocked at least 28-33% of Yankee twitter) and thin skinned, they still need 1 more arm. He’s done a good job of keeping guys off the bases the past 3 years, but he only averaged 5 innings per start last year and he’s only played 25 and 27 games the past 2 years. Go get Snell or Monty (I prefer Monty). It’s too big a risk to assume Nestor and Rodon will both return to form.

Great for him but I simply couldn’t care less breh

That man can fukk off. :manny:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I fukked with Gumby and I'd tell him to ignore the Yankees. There's no difference between Gumby and Schmidt. Two guys who don't have overwhelming stuff but instead of being developed they're left out to dry. Yankees should do what they can to NOT let another Montgomery situation happen again.

I want enough flexibility to let Schmidt start regularly and either Warren/Gil/Beeter get opportunities to impress.