I Want To Believe... But I Can't: The Official 2023 New York Yankees Off-season Thread

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Hahahahaha this is ridiculous. I’ve never been the biggest fan of Cashman but sometimes I questioned if he’s really inept.

The last two years unquestionably answer that question. Yes he is 100% absolutely inept.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yankees pitching so fragile, they’re gonna package The Martian with some other kids and send him to Milwaukee for Corbin Burnes.

:mjgrin:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Hahahahaha this is ridiculous. I’ve never been the biggest fan of Cashman but sometimes I questioned if he’s really inept.

The last two years unquestionably answer that question. Yes he is 100% absolutely inept.
but look on the bright side! At least they didn't go to the World Baseball Classic. Then they might have died :krs:

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Speaking of WBC, haven't been in the thread in a while but I went, it was amazing.
Saw DR vs PR, the energy and crowd for that game, definitely World Series Game 7 levels or even higher, never experienced a game like that (maybe cause I never been to a WS lol) .. Also saw DR body Israel into submission 10-0, energy for that game was amazing too.
Would recommend anyone to go in 2026.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

WE WILL BE HERE, FOREVER! - KRS-ONE Hal Steinbrenner & Brian Cashman

We will be here forever
Do you understand?
FOREVER
Forever and ever
And ever and ever
We will be here forever
Do you understand that?
Get what I'm saying?
FOREVER!

and with that, I start the 2023 New York Yankees season thread. Let's figure out how we can reach the ultimate goal: A World Series Title Beating Houston once!

@Grifter @g-ice @The War Report @NYC Rebel @jflores @NYChase718 @Derek Lee @The Fukin Prophecy @Mantle Drunk @SithLawd @puggle @3rdLetter @BlueHeffner @Pitfalls0117 @Rev @Medio @IGSaint12 @Michael's Black Son @Remote @BlackBall @Doctor Wily @Aje @Stop_It_5 @GunRanger @Columbo @Ethnic Vagina Finder @obarth @K-Apps @gangreen @ExodusNirvana @Walter H White @Spaceman Piff @DredScott @Juggalo Fred @Street Knowledge @NY's #1 Draft Pick @the next guy @Rice'N Beckford @BaRRyG @HookersandIceCream @nyknick @Mantis Toboggan M.D. @Tunez @BK360NATL @holidayinn21 @Nero Christ

One of the greatest Hip Hop songs of all time!!!!!!!!!!!

And Yankees are the GOAT :wow:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Judge wants him up. DJ wants him up. Pablo Lopez praised his maturity after giving up a HR to him yesterday

Yet this midget of a GM is gonna keep him down for "service time manipulation" purposes
July call up. Possibly early August.
Unless there are major injuries they want him to prove it over a longer sample in the minors. Considering he struggled for half the season last year.

Ron Mexico

Superstar
Daps
July call up. Possibly early August.
Unless there are major injuries they want him to prove it over a longer sample in the minors. Considering he struggled for half the season last year.
They're way too conservative with giving prospects a chance to play, but it won't be that long. If they send him back to AAA he'll probably up by May when they gain that extra year of control.