I want to get an old school NES

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
I wanna get the original NES, they have mad games on it as a kid, the only problem I see is the controllers have a very short chord, and I'm not trying to sit 2 feet from my tv to play

I'm also thinking of getting a Nintendo Switch

I'm not a gamer or expert, so explain to me in plain terms the good and bad of NES and Nintendo Switch

thanks in advance brehs

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I wanna get the original NES, they have mad games on it as a kid, the only problem I see is the controllers have a very short chord, and I'm not trying to sit 2 feet from my tv to play

I'm not a gamer or expert, so explain to me in plain terms the good and bad of NES and Nintendo Switch

thanks in advance brehs
Get a Nintendo switch, then hack it like put a mod chip in there and then you can have RetroArch to run NES games on your switch

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Good luck, all the good games in decent condition are gonna cost an arm and a leg

Cartridges aren’t meant to have a long shelf life. If you’re not an actual collector there are cheaper and easier ways to get your nostalgia fix

thanks breh, I suffer from insomnia and be bored as hell, and reading a book makes me drowsy for some reason
Get a Nintendo switch, then hack it like put a mod chip in there and then you can have RetroArch to run NES games on your switch

I'm not a gamer like that, is there a video youtube.com that shows you how to put a mod chip in there, or is it so easy it can be explained verbally

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
thanks breh, I suffer from insomnia and be bored as hell, and reading a book makes me drowsy for some reason

I'm not a gamer like that, is there a video youtube.com that shows you how to put a mod chip in there, or is it so easy it can be explained verbally
Yeah but I’d pay someone to do it. I did it involves soldering

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps

You'd be better off getting an Steam Deck or ROG Ally, if the goal is both Switch Games and Retro (NES) Games.

If you just want to play NES games, you can do it from a cellphone, or computer.

If budget is a concern, I'd pick up one of those "Retro Handhelds", if not, then I'd get the ROG Ally or Steam Deck.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Emulation is definitely the way to go. You can play everything and don't have to worry about the cartridges or console going bad. I agree, get that Steam Deck or Asus ROG Ally. You can put emulators on the Steam Deck with the click of a button, using EmuDeck. I assume the same for the Ally, but I haven't tried it yet (though I really should).

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN

thanks in advance brehs
There are wireless controllers for the nes

8Bitdo N30 2.4G Wireless Gamepad for Original NES https://a.co/d/die3uF5

And there are HDMI adapters for the nes too.and the adapter works with all Nintendo consoles up to the Gamecube

Xahpower N64 to HDMI Adapter Converter, HDMI Link Cable Support 16:9/4:3 and HD 1080P Display for Nintendo N64 /SNES/NGC/SFC(Plug and Play) https://a.co/d/5mde0Ch

Both these brands have a lot of great accessories for old consoles It's fuego.

Last edited: