I Was Jealous of My Lil Brother Growing Up

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I was 15 when he was born to my mother and step father. My mother married when I was 13. I didn't have a father growing up.

My stepdad never really "bonded" with me. I mean, we were cool. I fell in love with sports because of him. I watched him from afar. He was never the type to take me under his wing and teach me how to be a man. My mom would always try to force a father-son relationship between us but it was awkward and unrealistic. I wasnt his blood. I wasn't his seed.

I watched how he adored his son, my brother. How he taught him. Loved him. Played ball with him. Went fishing together. They are inseparable. I loved that. I wondered what it felt like to have a father. I always felt abandoned and alone. My mother had her husband. My stepdad had his son. I had nobody.

So I matured into my adult life learning how to ultimately be a man on my own. I was 18 when I learned how to tie a tie. I was 20 when I learned to change a flat tire. I became adept sexually through trial and error. I learned to shave on my own. I changed my 1st car battery on my own just last year. I installed my own appliances in my home from Youtube videos.

My brother is in highschool now and I watch how capable he has become. Smooth transitions into each stage of his life. A two parent home. I am proud of him. The effects of strong father.. He carries that.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Damn breh
Thanks for sharing
Not sure what to say
The age disparity sucks because you're obviously more aware of the differences between you and your half brother
Perhaps the bright side is you built up a level of independence and resilience to get through the trying times
Hoping you're at peace with your siutation

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Sounds like you need therapy. Or at thw very least, take to your mother about this...not some randos on the internet. I've seen what unresolved resentment can do to young men.

I'm in almost the same situation but jealous thoughts have never crossed my minds. His wins are my wins as mine are his. He's my blood.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
aren’t you a father? The beauty of that is YOUR SON can benefit from you being a solid dad.. passing gems and showing him genuine love

that feeling you felt posting this? Remember that feeling when you’re too tired to play catch with ya lil man, or when he feels confident in telling you something embarrassing

Much love

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was 15 when he was born to my mother and step father. My mother married when I was 13. I didn't have a father growing up.

My stepdad never really "bonded" with me. I mean, we were cool. I fell in love with sports because of him. I watched him from afar. He was never the type to take me under his wing and teach me how to be a man. My mom would always try to force a father-son relationship between us but it was awkward and unrealistic. I wasnt his blood. I wasn't his seed.

I watched how he adored his son, my brother. How he taught him. Loved him. Played ball with him. Went fishing together. They are inseparable. I loved that. I wondered what it felt like to have a father. I always felt abandoned and alone. My mother had her husband. My stepdad had his son. I had nobody.

So I matured into my adult life learning how to ultimately be a man on my own. I was 18 when I learned how to tie a tie. I was 20 when I learned to change a flat tire. I became adept sexually through trial and error. I learned to shave on my own. I changed my 1st car battery on my own just last year. I installed my own appliances in my home from Youtube videos.

My brother is in highschool now and I watch how capable he has become. Smooth transitions into each stage of his life. A two parent home. I am proud of him. The effects of strong father.. He carries that.
At least you had step-dad around in some capacity.
My step pop was pretty much out of the picture before my younger brother turned two years old.
I was pretty much in the same boat as you figuring out this adult shyt pretty much by myself

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Sounds like you need therapy. Or at thw very least, take to your mother about this...not some randos on the internet. I've seen what unresolved resentment can do to young men.

I'm in almost the same situation but jealous thoughts have never crossed my minds. His wins are my wins as mine are his. He's my blood.
No resentment. I accepted my reality long ago. My brother is my blood. Our relationship is solid. He just beat me in ball for the 1st time 2 years ago and it was one of my proudest moments as well as his.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

You can’t change the world, breh — but you can get that bag…..