‘I Would Have Fought You’: LeVar Burton Claps Back at Troll After Learning His Great-Great-Grandfather Was a White Confederate Soldier

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Levar Burton that dude to me

shyt, more than a few cats prolly had a Confederate as an ancestor, but have no idea about it.
That wasn't up to them and it wasn't exactly their choice.
I forgive all for my ancestors for decisions I've never had to make, and it's seriously something I want to drill into my kids to know for themselves and pass down

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one should be surprised.

Also, all those :duck: about having "native american indian" in your blood is just that.... :duck:

It's from you know who.....WHITE ANCESTORS

:francis:

:yeshrug:

Nah, my grandfather was part native American. He looked just like those old photos you've seen of mixed black/native folks. No one in my family ever bragged about that like some people do. It's not unheard of in parts of the south.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Nah, my grandfather was part native American. He looked just like those old photos you've seen of mixed black/native folks. No one in my family ever bragged about that like some people do. It's not unheard of in parts of the south

Same, my fam def aint capping atleast on my mothers side. My great grandma had them cheekbones native women have, ontop of being black of course

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
It's both, depending on where in the country your people are from. I see what you're saying but like I live on the west coast but I'm from the mid Atlantic, and back there in VA we have whole towns that are nothing but blacks mixed with native American. Literally everyone from this town has it.
Can you prove that or is Reddit the only reference for this?
Nah, my grandfather was part native American. He looked just like those old photos you've seen of mixed black/native folks. No one in my family ever bragged about that like some people do. It's not unheard of in parts of the south.
Same, my fam def aint capping atleast on my mothers side. My great grandma had them cheekbones native women have, ontop of being black of course

Henry Louis Gates Jr.
Again, here are the statistics: Whereas virtually all African Americans have a considerable amount of European ancestry in their genomes, only 19 percent have at least 1 percent Native American ancestry, and only 5 percent of African American people carry more than 2 percent Native American ancestry. How do these percentages translate into ancestry? Well, if you have 5 percent Native American ancestry in your admixture result, that means you had one Native American ancestor four to five generations back (120 to 150 years ago). If you have 2 percent Native American ancestry, you had one such ancestor on your family tree five to nine generations back (150 to 270 years ago). One percent of Native American ancestry means that this ancestor entered your bloodline six to 10 generations back (180 to 300 years ago).

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods

Spence

Superstar
Daps
In spite of that, he's influenced millions of Black children to be literate and enter the world of STEM to achieve better in their lives....

His white ancestor undoubtedly failed to break the spirit of his Black descendants...
Very much this, I used to watch reading rainbow as a kid and learned a ton of shyt off of that show alone. It was part of the wishbone, ghost writer, and Carmen San Diego block :wow:

Learn reading, history, writing, and then geography all within 1.5 hours :wow:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
MixCollage-17-Jan-2024-01-57-PM-1317-1-768x432.jpg

The show was created with inspiration from Alex Haley’s television series, “Roots,” in which Burton starred as Kunta Kinte in 1977. But during the evocative 52-minute episode, host Henry Louis Gates informed Burton that his great-great-grandfather was a white man named James Henry Dixon.
I always knew he was a
17090510165644993.gif

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Again, here are the statistics: Whereas virtually all African Americans have a considerable amount of European ancestry in their genomes, only 19 percent have at least 1 percent Native American ancestry, and only 5 percent of African American people carry more than 2 percent Native American ancestry. How do these percentages translate into ancestry? Well, if you have 5 percent Native American ancestry in your admixture result, that means you had one Native American ancestor four to five generations back (120 to 150 years ago). If you have 2 percent Native American ancestry, you had one such ancestor on your family tree five to nine generations back (150 to 270 years ago). One percent of Native American ancestry means that this ancestor entered your bloodline six to 10 generations back (180 to 300 years ago).

My great-grandma was half Cherokee, which makes me 6.25% Cherokee. Damn we too rare out here

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Levar Burton that dude to me

shyt, more than a few cats prolly had a Confederate as an ancestor, but have no idea about it.
My ancestor was a black slave who was forced to fight for the Confederate.. He got free and then fought for the Union