If a woman openly admits she got trauma, ptsd= instant turnoff??

Canon

Veteran
Daps
It is a double edge sword. On the 1 hand they respect your honesty/trust. On the other it's the first thing thrown in your face during a disagreement.
When you say disagreement what do you mean?

I doubt they throwing it in your face for trivial stuff.

RehReh

🖤GhettoDolly🖤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
When you say disagreement what do you mean?

I doubt they throwing it in your face for trivial stuff.

Good question.
A disagreement can start over a simple thing like 'why are you going to the beach/store/atm alone?' And escalate into 'thats how ya ass got kidnapped and raped in the first place'

I see where the concern and care is coming from, but its still a low blow considering i was assaulted by someone known to my family and who is older than my father.
I do practice a lot more decernment and caution now, i.e i stopped doing my daily treks at the crack of dawn, however it took a long time to get to the space of not living in fear to do regular things like swim or go out to eat by myself. At some point you would like a sense of normality to return to your life taking back some of your power.

The wrong partner can use your trauma as a means of control once they smell that vulnerability.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Brehs gotta have better discipline

Maybe you have no options. Smashing shouldn’t even be on ya list. Bush her & keep it moving. Get 18 yrs & you’d be crying

Homies be too pressed for some cheeks. Girls out here mentally and emotionally fukked up. nikkas just thinking about taking her down. Gotta be more selective.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
honestly, seeing alot of takes in this thread and I can't say anyone is wrong so far. 🤷

shyts just difficult in my experience. I suppose its not a turnoff since i have continued to deal with girls that admit their trauma to me, or ones that I can tell they weren't living right. but i will say this, its usually a negative sign of things to come and I haven't been wrong yet. So idk. I think I've settled on being there for her as a friend, but as a significant other, I would need to see consistent growth and improvement.. its like Top Gun, you gotta move on from that shyt eventually or you'll fukk your kids up.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Its our job as black men to be our womens therapist and spiritual advisors. We should have the answers. Now does that mean you should get romantically involved,no it does not. But most of us are unwilling to help a woman if we cant get p*ssy from the transaction. Essentially treating are women as prostitutes.
This is the most sensible thing I’ve seen you say on here and not posting that horrible smiley.

TBH most ppl on here wdnt agree with you as ppl in general want healthy well adjusted individuals even though everyone of us has an unresolved issue.

Daps
sadly, I must admit the first thing that usually comes to mind is I can probably use this info to manipulate her in some way to smash, and possibly use it against her as a reason I can't commit (i.e... YOUR FAULT)

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
I treat women like that like the Holocaust: never again. :yeshrug: