If Bron wins the In Season Tournament how will it change his legacy?

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Hot Take........

Players are trying harder in this tournament than they did in the bubble and the single elimination nature of the playoff stage make the stakes higher
This is tougher than the bubble to me. For one, you have fans, which is key, but you have to be almost perfect to win the NBA cup

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
depends on how the in season tournament progresses in the future.

If it becomes a staple of the NBA for generations to come. it will be big because he'd be the first player/team to win it. It would be a nice sports trivia question
This shyt will never be a trivia question. I doubt itll continue beyond the next couple of years. Doesnt seem like anyone cares about it. I dont, my people dont. I suppose I cant speak for everyone else though. Whats the people in your orbit think about it?

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I like the copa del Rey comp :ehh:
Champions league is valued more because it has teams from all over Europe while this or the FA cup have teams only from 1 country

since both the playoffs and in season tournament consists of the same set of teams and players, they should be valued similarly
I would argue that the in season tournament is slightly MORE impressive than winning the playoffs, because there is less room for error

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
This shyt will never be a trivia question. I doubt itll continue beyond the next couple of years. Doesnt seem like anyone cares about it. I dont, my people dont. I suppose I cant speak for everyone else though. Whats the people in your orbit think about it?

Time will tell my brother. Changes like this take time to catch on if it ever does. This the first year so not surprising nobody you around care about this. Maybe your grandkids will.

I'm sure Stephen Currys grandfather didn't care for the 3pt line when it was first introduced. However his son and grandson made a living off it. That's how I think of these big changes to an established formula

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Look i can respect lebron Rev'ing it up hopefully will win the tournament will go well for the end of the bench players as far as money.

But this changing his legacy? Cmon man lol

All those who argue for him being the goat, would have kept the same energy regardless of the outcome here. It's fake to act as if this somehow builds on his legacy when if this was going the other way, none of these guys would penalize lebron if he lost it. The only way something can add to your legacy , is if it's real stakes in play. He lose Saturday will they say this hurt his legacy? No, so winning it won't add to his legacy.

The only thing that adds to his legacy is winning it all. He wins this tournament but loses in the 1st rd of the playoffs then what he did in the tournament won't mean much.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Look i can respect lebron Rev'ing it up hopefully will win the tournament will go well for the end of the bench players as far as money.

But this changing his legacy? Cmon man lol

All those who argue for him being the goat, would have kept the same energy regardless of the outcome here. It's fake to act as if this somehow builds on his legacy when if this was going the other way, none of these guys would penalize lebron if he lost it. The only way something can add to your legacy , is if it's real stakes in play. He lose Saturday will they say this hurt his legacy? No, so winning it won't add to his legacy.

The only thing that adds to his legacy is winning it all. He wins this tournament but loses in the 1st rd of the playoffs then what he did in the tournament won't mean much.
wrong.
1 man cant carry a team through a best of 7 series format
however, 1 man can carry you a tournament format...look at Messi

the lakers are mediocre and every one knows that they aren't winning in June

but if Bron drags his team to a trophy...that a boost to his legacy

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
wrong.
1 man cant carry a team through a best of 7 series format
however, 1 man can carry you a tournament format...look at Messi

the lakers are mediocre and every one knows that they aren't winning in June

but if Bron drags his team to a trophy...that a boost to his legacy
Your wrong

Because you didn't deal with my point

So if he loses on Saturday does that mean it's a hit to his legacy? No lebron supporters will allow it to be a hit to his legacy. There is no downside to losing this tournament. Which is why it does nothing for his legacy. It's almost like asking if curry entered the 3pt contest and won is it a build on his legacy? No, because if he lost its not going to take away from the fact he the best shooter in league history. But if curry loses in the finals and had a opportunity to win it, that's a hit or a advance on his legacy.

In fact this tournament run might hurt the Lakers more than help them, 1. Because it gives the perception they have enough to win it so if they lose in the 2nd rd it looks worst and 2. Winning the tournament might make the Lakers front office hesitant to make deals due to the perception they have enough.