If every black person in America had a life insurance policy

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
If the police kill someone and say that the person was committing a crime , would that void the insurance policy?

Seems like the insurance company would agree with the police so they wouldn't have to pay out.
Granted that this was a long time ago, but Malcom Xs dad got murdered and the insurance company refused to pay out claiming it was a suicide.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Yeah that's a good question. I don't know if a rejection could be appealed if it was later determined that no crime had been committed. I suspect there's some kind of statute of limitations on it, but I don't know. I'm in the industry but not specifically in that area.
this ought to be more than a thought experiment.

what if there was a fund in each state to cover as many black people as possible under life insurance policies? i think this was a huge economic boom for black communities in Alabama in the early to mid 1900s. tons of black insurers protected people from bombings, lynchings, murders, etc.

where are the black owned insurance companies?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
If they have to payout a lot ya premiums are going up. Higher risk people will have to pay higgher premiums just like now. Insurance people gonna eat regardless.
very possible premiums go up. but at a certain point, when at least 25% of black people have policies and claims are starting to pile up and pay out.... politicians gon get that call :francis:

Daps
I thought this thread was going to be about how much better off we would generally be, financially, if our parents left us something after their passing or if we left something behind for those closest to us. For this reason I have life insurance. I was able to get my place, because I was the sole beneficiary of my mother's policy when she passed. If you can do it, I say get a policy for yourself.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
I thought this thread was going to be about how much better off we would generally be, financially, if our parents left us something after their passing or if we left something behind for those closest to us. For this reason I have life insurance. I was able to get my place, because I was the sole beneficiary of my mother's policy when she passed. If you can do it, I say get a policy for yourself.
that's a benefit as well for sure. most americans have terrible financial literacy and financial institutions love that.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Yeah then this cac @Thebadguy wanna bring up criminals

Daps
When my grandmother died, my mother got a policy for my sister and I. I also talked my dad into getting one.

:mjlit:

Can I take a policy out for them too?

:ohhh:

King Poetic

Most Hated
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Near The Lakes

bingo

my dad left me a life insurance policy, his bank savings & his car that was paid off and had no bills left behind and man it was a blessing

and I’m working with my mom now on one

and I have one set up for my woman

all black people need to leave a life insurance for their children and families to make life a little more comfortable

if nikkas can go out and spend hundreds dollars a month on bullshyt, you can easily pay 20 to 50 bucks a month on life insurance