If I wrote a book or make films would y'all really care or think people would care?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because man people say shyt all the time "man u need to write a book!" then it comes out and y'all don't even give a fukk. Or If make indie films or indie Web series would y'all care? do u think ppl would really care?

Because I don't really think I'm a good writer I just say things some black people can relate to on here and it touches a nerve somewhere but that don't mean a mass group of people would care. I'm not even a good technical writer. I have absolutely no training.

I've been doing some hobby shyt but nothing I was seriously thinking about putting out. My failed visual art career discouraged me from kinda pursuing literature seriously. That experience hurt me more than I let on.

But If people want this shyt Ill do it. I don't care about money because obviously there's no money in this shyt. I don't know nothing about professional writing or film making. Although ill take spike lees masterclass once I get employed again.

I got a little something I've been toying around with. A screenplay about 2 black men. One is bitter and fed up at society but functional. Hes cynical and sarcastic. Hes a$$hole but hes making it work. His friend is a straight edge guy thats aware of the bullshyt but hes responsible and try to ignore it and make it through life. By the angry friend cant take it anymore and sells his soul to Satan for powers. He goes around killing innocent people. rape women etc...he wants wealth and the spoils of luxury. His friend have to stop him

The twist is that its racial. He want black supremacy in the end after realizing material wealth. His partner have to stop him and save the world from his wicked deeds

SO thats one. Its just ideas and shyt.

The other was a screenplay titled" some guys have all the luck" i made a thread years ago but this is something I've been wanting to do for years. Its about a black man that killed his family and use the family wealth to live his dreams of being a world traveling photographer.

If yall think I'll make a good writer Ill consider it. But Itll take me a while. I got other obligations I can take time away from.

Last edited:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
First of all you gotta wanna do shyt for yourself. Who cares if anyone else cares as long as you care.

Second, if you do it and promote it on TheColi, you'll be welcomed with daps+reps, promotion, and honest criticism. Ever since the one user, I forgot his name unfortunately, made that series of books and cartoons it's been clear that TheColi is willing to support one another in getting this money and just accomplishing things as a whole. It shows how much we can really get done when we put our minds to it.

So if you wanna do it, do it. If you don't, then don't.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Regardless of what you think you have to put your art out there and let the people (market) decide. Dont reject yourself, let the people reject you. Same with women