if Kodak wins this rap battle against T.I. what does it then do to both legacies?

banner34

Superstar
Daps
:russ: @ rap battles effecting "legacies" in 2019.

Pusha T unanimously destroyed Drake...Drake is still Drake and Pusha is still Pusha, no change in legacy either way. Nothing makes you look bad anymore, lol, everything that used to make you look bad doesn't matter today. You can kiss men, be on drugs, have ghostwriters, get robbed and tossed around, be a studio gangster, etc... everything is tolerable now, even losing battles.
Agree it’s a different era that why 6ix9ine will still be successful when he comes out no on cares anymore

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rap battles affect legacies when it's two great or GOAT level MC's doing the battling. Nas vs. Jay solidified both of their legacies. If there was any question of them being Top 5 or 10 at that point, it was answered during that battle. Both of their legacies were elevated at that point. It was also huge for the culture as a whole.

Kodak vs T.I. is a non issue. T.I.'s legacy is already intact. Him battling Kodak elevates him in no way, shape, form, or fashion. With Kodak, this dude is still trying to establish himself. Lyricism isn't his lane and nobody is going to look at him any differently from battling T.I.

In terms of the culture, it's an irrelevant battle. The sad part about it is people are out here exposing themselves as they are propping up mediocre and even wack lines as dope. I mean, we've reached a point where diss songs are getting praise for rappers simply trying. "Well, at least he ain't back down".

Sinister

Banned
Daps
How much would in increase Kodak's legacy and stature in hiphop? and if T.I. loses......How bad does his legacy take a hit?
The internet has fukked everything up.

Anytime someone doesn't like someone they'll just pretend music is good or bad because they care more about their opinions of the artists more than the music.

Em slaughtered MGK but coli hates Em so much they just act like MGK won with his basic rhymes that literally any one of us could have came up with.

People who hate Kodak simply already have their minds made up.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Rap battles affect legacies when it's two great or GOAT level MC's doing the battling. Nas vs. Jay solidified both of their legacies. If there was any question of them being Top 5 or 10 at that point, it was answered during that battle. Both of their legacies were elevated at that point. It was also huge for the culture as a whole.

Kodak vs T.I. is a non issue. T.I.'s legacy is already intact. Him battling Kodak elevates him in no way, shape, form, or fashion. With Kodak, this dude is still trying to establish himself. Lyricism isn't his lane and nobody is going to look at him any differently from battling T.I.

In terms of the culture, it's an irrelevant battle. The sad part about it is people are out here exposing themselves as they are propping up mediocre and even wack lines as dope. I mean, we've reached a point where diss songs are getting praise for rappers simply trying. "Well, at least he ain't back down".
The problem is people don't care about the points made in a diss as much as they do their own fandom.

I think rappers with great legacies lose when they don't respond even years or decades later.

NWA should have responded to Cube.
Shan should have responded to KRS...back when he was still hot (pause)
Jay and Nas both lost by default to Cam but Mase got a clear W.

Even a smaller and less talented artist is worth going after.

Imo

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
kodak disrespected nipsey and his girl before homie was even buried and now he's making it worse, fukk a rap battle he already lost respect