If she isn't the SUBMISSIVE, HOMEBODY, FAMILY over Career type, DO NOT WIFE or MARRY HER!!!

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
This is why alot of "strong" independent women want a with "swag". Which is a metrosexual feminine trait. All the famous guys they like got more makeup than the average girl. More into fashion than they are. Why you think they don't want a man who works hard with his hands like a plumber, garbageman, carpenter?
They want a feminized man, so the "strong" independent woman can be the dominant man. Like you said, a gay relationship
There's nothing wrong with men who work with their hands but I'm guessing they don't want them because they assume that it's not white collar and not socially okay to marry a garbage man. And carpenters and plumbers are on different social fields than garbage men. Anyway, you all must live on the coasts because in the Midwest carpenters and plumbers have their own businesses and usually make good money. Women aren't afraid to marry them here.

I guess people don't have the same idea of what an independent woman is. My definition is a woman who doesn't take money from her boyfriend,, which to me isn't a good thing to do if you aren't engaged or courting that person.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
In all honesty, it takes a certain type of man to wife/marry a @TheStripper or a woman of that nature.

tumblr_lwg5nqw2ta1qzjix8.gif

But there are plenty. If it has nothing to do with you and you are so happy in your marriage why do you even care?

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
These women that love to travel...

This has always been a red flag for me when it comes to my preferred wife type.

I like to travel, too. But every other weekend you're jetsetting?! It usually does speak to restlessness. Upon further inquiry/inspection, she'll reveal that. One way or the other.

If you're gonna wife, make sure you're comfortable with that and/or have your own life. That energy just isn't gonna go away or be wholly transferred to the family unit and household.

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin said:
you got it all wrong breh. :childplease:

simply....

be a man. :blessed:

lead. make decisions. stand by them. stand on your word. be honest (this is most important). the most independent...loud...career driven...etc
....woman, WILL follow the right man. believe that. :usure:

be that man brehs.....:whew:

Also true. That's not to say it won't be challenging to modify that behavior in words, deed, actions and examples, but still...your post is powerful.

the bolded had me dying at work :dead:

i agree with some of this, but i dont want my wife to be my slave and my maid. i want her to earn her own money and live out her life's dream. like u said tho, if she cant even spend a weekend in with me because she is itching to go out and spending time taking care of her husband is a prison sentence, then she isnt wifeable. women are supposed to be nurturing by nature. if she kicked the nurturing to the curb then ya gonna end up in some arguments about selfishness

You have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

A potential I know demonstrates those qualities. But deep down, I believe she wants to take a shot at being a nurturer. Some of the quotes she's said to me have been so :mindblown: and anti-nurturing, but then, every once and a while, she'll say something during our convos that leads me to believe she wants to try her hand a nurturing. So I hit her with some points to ponder. But I keep asking myself is it worth it. I dunno. We'd bump heads. We already kinda bump heads on occasion, but I know a level of respect is there and growing. But it takes time for such an entrenched, seemingly self-centered, almost diva-like view to be modified.

Most men weren't taught to lead like I was. Some of you need a strong woman, bcuz you're weak and you need help leading a household. Most of you never seen how a man moves in a house. Fixing on shyt everyday. Protecting the home. Making sure everything's paid for and everyone has enough to go to school and do what's required of them. These isn't a dictatorship. It's a man being a man. My mom is proud of my dad and how he runs thing. And my mom is very smart and has a great career, but she know my dad's pedigree. History of real hardworking men.

Something happens a man is suppose to be the first one to put his life on the line. You dudes don't know your worth in a relationship. Society has made the man role seem so weak and useless, but real women that want real men (fukk swag) are winning.

:banderas:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I ain't wid it. This whole not talkin back nonsense just ain't possible for me. :lupe:

You have an opinion. And you should voice it.

After a civil, rational discussion of a contentious issue, if you and your hubby still disagree, you should concede to his view or at least, at least offer a well-reasoned compromise that includes a bulk of what he believes is "right." And "right" consists of productive, positive, other and family-centered ideas and initiatives.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
You have an opinion. And you should voice it.

After a civil, rational discussion of a contentious issue, if you and your hubby still disagree, you should concede to his view or at least, at least offer a well-reasoned compromise that includes a bulk of what he believes is "right." And "right" consists of productive, positive, other and family-centered ideas and initiatives.

Why are you so reasonable? :lupe:

I just wanna argue so it's an excuse to fukk the shyt out of each other later on. :mjpls::obama:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
if men want women to follow them they need to be men worthy of being followed. alot of people take their view on submission from the bible, but what don't do is read the entire passage. i'm paraphrasing, but the bible says something to the effect of wives will submit to their husbands as Christ submits to the church. a wife should follow her husband only if he is leading her in the ways of Christ. if he is not leave him and follow Christ. it also says that husbands submit to their wives as well, to always make the best decision in the interest of your marriage and your family. your decisions no longer revolve around your happiness as an individual, but the happiness of your family unit. so basically, you don't have carte blanche to go buy a $600 TV if its not in the best interest of the family. it also doesn't mean being a dictator. even in the military. commanding officers don't make decisions blindly and without input. if your decisions are maded unilaterally and disrupt morale, chances are you're gonna have an unhappy crew who will not perform at their best on your behalf. marriage and families work the same way.

A woman should not be with a man that she is not willing to submit to. If a woman choose a bum man to be with then she should submit to that man.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A woman should not be with a man that she is not willing to submit to. If a woman choose a bum man to be with then she should submit to that man.
i can agree that a woman shouldn't settle with a man who isn't equipped to lead a family, but you lose me with that shyt about submitting to a bum. if a nikka is leading them astray, they need to walk away and do their own thing. that's better advice.

Cape

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Moist Island
If you don't want a Strong, Independent, Professional Woman then you obvisously prefer a Weak, Non-Independent, Unprofessional Woman. It's the reason why so many men on this forum settle for dusty females and come here to complain because you couldn't handle a premium Black woman. Step up yourself, don't bring her down.