If you boycott israel financially you can get 20 years in jail plus 250K fine!! H.R.1697/S.720:wtf:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
ACLU Letter to the Senate Opposing Israel Anti-Boycott Act
U.S. Lawmakers Seek to Criminally Outlaw Support for Boycott Campaign Against Israel

a group of 43 senators — 29 Republicans and 14 Democrats — wants to implement a law that would make it a felony for Americans to support the international boycott against Israel, which was launched in protest of that country’s decades-old occupation of Palestine. The two primary sponsors of the bill are Democrat Ben Cardin of Maryland and Republican Rob Portman of Ohio. Perhaps the most shocking aspect is the punishment: Anyone guilty of violating the prohibitions will face a minimum civil penalty of $250,000 and a maximum criminal penalty of $1 million and 20 years in prison.
The bill’s co-sponsors include the senior Democrat in Washington, Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, his New York colleague Kirsten Gillibrand, and several of the Senate’s more liberal members, such as Ron Wyden of Oregon, Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, and Maria Cantwell of Washington. Illustrating the bipartisanship that AIPAC typically summons, it also includes several of the most right-wing senators such as Ted Cruz of Texas, Ben Sasse of Nebraska, and Marco Rubio of Florida.

This fukking govt has gone TOO fukking far.... I swear the end times are near for real... you telling me if I actively boycott israel I could be put in jail for it?!? :dahell: plus made to pay 1 milly to them on top of that?!?:wtf::mindblown: How much israel dikk these politicians sucking to even bring this up in govt???

@DEAD7

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
What is Bernie sayin? No really, what is Bernie sayin? This seems ridiculous. I would never vote for Chuck Schumer. Never.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

It sounds unconstitutional and impossible to enforce. I'm not doubting that some scumbag senator/congressman would put it forward.

I don't have time to read the law as I'm sure no one else on this forum does but I wouldn't trust most websites interpretation of laws like this with all the bs going on in the media right now.

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
It sounds unconstitutional and impossible to enforce. I'm not doubting that some scumbag senator/congressman would put it forward.

I don't have time to read the law as I'm sure no one else on this forum does but I wouldn't trust most websites interpretation of laws like this with all the bs going on in the media right now.

To the first point, I would say that the United States government has a long history of doing things which are both unconstitutional and irrational. Also, how is it impossible to enforce? Some of those who support BDS will likely make the reason(s) for their decision not to purchase Israeli goods known in an attempt to get the movement to spread.

To the second point, that's understandable and I believe that the skepticism is warranted, but the ACLU has no clear reason to lie and has almost undoubtedly taken the time to examine the bill before making a statement and they have determined that:

The impacts of the legislation would be antithetical to free speech protections enshrined in the First Amendment...

ACLU Letter to the Senate Opposing Israel Anti-Boycott Act

• Dap
Reactions: Oso