If you haven't heard, the FCC just voted to classify broadband under Title II (Net Neutrality)

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
TLDR - Some companies wanted to bring "micro-transactions" to internet use. This basically prevented that.

Want to watch netflix - thats an extra $10
A smaller company wants to set up a website/service. They have to pay providers extra to not get throttled.

It was never getting passed. Even old fossils realize that giving companies power to control internet bandwidth/traffic is destructive.

so netflix is gonna be free now?

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I've only skimmed through this but, does this mean I won't have to worry about my ISP capping my data usage brehs?

:lupe:

Hopefully...fukk comcast :camby:

I'm trying to download as much shyt as I can today because data doesn't rollover it's just gone and resets @ 300GB.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
no... its just the companies cannot throttle your speeds anymore and they are forced to make faster speeds for everyone.... no more bullshyt

so whats this dude saying netflix wont be 10 dollars? anyways im glad this happened finally the government does something right for once

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
so whats this dude saying netflix wont be 10 dollars? anyways im glad this happened finally the government does something right for once

ISPs were basically trying to charge you extra to use services such as Netflix or Hulu. So you would have to pay an additional $10 to your ISP to use your Netflix account(which you already paid for). I'll wait to celebrate until we learn more info. These companies are evil so I'm sure there is going to be some loopholes that allow them to screw people over.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
ISPs were basically trying to charge you extra to use services such as Netflix or Hulu. So you would have to pay an additional $10 to your ISP to use your Netflix account(which you already paid for). I'll wait to celebrate until we learn more info. These companies are evil so I'm sure there is going to be some loopholes that allow them to screw people over.

wow they wanted to charge us extra to use a service we are already paying for :dahell: everything and anything is about money in america

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
they'll just raise the prices and not give a reason... i mean what they been doing for the past 30-40 years anyway

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
who wee the two dumb fukks who voted for this?

:dahell:

Not even rich folks would wanna pay extra to watch netflix or hulu

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
wow they wanted to charge us extra to use a service we are already paying for :dahell: everything and anything is about money in america
They were basically trying to take the old xbox live approach to the entire internet.

LOL @ all the fools who payed for xbox live just to watch netflix and hulu :mjlol:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
no they were trying to charge services like NetFlix for bandwidth usage, Since a lot of the traffic comes from their streaming services. They weren't trying to charge the end user money it was the companies they were basically extorting. "if you want your members to stream in HD smoothly then you have to pay us "

as a result then eventually those service would have to raise their membership prices, yes.

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Not for nothing, net neutrality isn't good all the time. If done correctly, people paying extra for a "fast lane" type internet benefits everyone. We talked about it in one of my operations classes. I gotta re-read the specifics but the shyt had me like :ohhh: