If your sports team hasn’t won a championship in the last..

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Okay, so a grand total of one decade where nobody died and they were a quarter away from winning without their starting center. Sounds like an elite franchise to me.

One Finals win and one Finals loss counts as an elite franchise? In that case, let's look at it this way----->I'll give you credit for the entire 80s dynasty, which saw 3 chips, 5 Finals appearances, and 8 ECF berths in 9 years, last ECF of the dynasty was '88...

So since 1988-89 season, that was 32 years ago, in the last 32 years, the Celtics have one title (1-1 Finals) and six ECF appearances (2-4). That's in the last 32 years, if that makes the Celtics an elite franchise, here is everyone that has at least:

One LOB since '88-89
Bulls 6
Spurs/Lakers 5
Pistons/Heat/Warriors 3
Rockets 2
Celtics/Mavs/Cavs/Raptors 1

So by number of championships, Celtics are 8th-most elite in a four-way tie...

Two Finals appearances since '88-89
Lakers 9 (5-4)
Bulls 6 (6-0)
Spurs 6 (5-1)
Heat/Warriors 5 (3-2)
Cavs 5 (1-4)
Pistons 4 (3-1)
Rockets 2 (2-0)
Mavs/Celtics 2 (1-1)
Blazers/Knicks/Magic/Jazz/Nets 2 (0-2)

So by Finals appearances, you guys are basically the Mavericks and somewhere between the 9th or 10th most elite franchise...

Six Conference Finals appearances
Spurs 11 (6-5)
Lakers 10 (9-1)
Bulls 9 (6-3)
Pistons 9 (4-5)
Pacers 8 (1-7)
Cavs/Heat 7 (5-2)
Celtics/Jazz 6 (2-4)
Suns 6 (1-5)

So by appearances in the Final Four, the Celtics are at a tie with the Jazz fir relevance as the 8th or 9th most elite franchise of the last 32 years...

I didn't say the Celtics were bums. But they are overrated, CLEARLY, the notoriety of the organization is eating from a reputation of 32+ years ago. By no measure are the Celtics one of the 7 elite organizations of the last 32 years. I guess we can give them 8 if you want but it's always bothered me how they are the only organization that gets spoken of with endearment for all that old shyt. Celtics aren't irrelevant but they are only a top tier franchise if you don't count their last 32 years of history...

Celtics are basically the Dallas Mavericks since 1988 lol...

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One Finals win and one Finals loss counts as an elite franchise? In that case, let's look at it this way----->I'll give you credit for the entire 80s dynasty, which saw 3 chips, 5 Finals appearances, and 8 ECF berths in 9 years, last ECF of the dynasty was '88...

So since 1988-89 season, that was 32 years ago, in the last 32 years, the Celtics have one title (1-1 Finals) and six ECF appearances (2-4). That's in the last 32 years, if that makes the Celtics an elite franchise, here is everyone that has at least:

One LOB since '88-89
Bulls 6
Spurs/Lakers 5
Pistons/Heat/Warriors 3
Rockets 2
Celtics/Mavs/Cavs/Raptors 1

So by number of championships, Celtics are 8th-most elite in a four-way tie...

Two Finals appearances since '88-89
Lakers 9 (5-4)
Bulls 6 (6-0)
Spurs 6 (5-1)
Heat/Warriors 5 (3-2)
Cavs 5 (1-4)
Pistons 4 (3-1)
Rockets 2 (2-0)
Mavs/Celtics 2 (1-1)
Blazers/Knicks/Magic/Jazz/Nets 2 (0-2)

So by Finals appearances, you guys are basically the Mavericks and somewhere between the 9th or 10th most elite franchise...

Six Conference Finals appearances
Spurs 11 (6-5)
Lakers 10 (9-1)
Bulls 9 (6-3)
Pistons 9 (4-5)
Pacers 8 (1-7)
Cavs/Heat 7 (5-2)
Celtics/Jazz 6 (2-4)
Suns 6 (1-5)

So by appearances in the Final Four, the Celtics are at a tie with the Jazz fir relevance as the 8th or 9th most elite franchise of the last 32 years...

I didn't say the Celtics were bums. But they are overrated, CLEARLY, the notoriety of the organization is eating from a reputation of 32+ years ago. By no measure are the Celtics one of the 7 elite organizations of the last 32 years. I guess we can give them 8 if you want but it's always bothered me how they are the only organization that gets spoken of with endearment for all that old shyt. Celtics aren't irrelevant but they are only a top tier franchise if you don't count their last 32 years of history...

Celtics are basically the Dallas Mavericks since 1988 lol...
:camby:And nobody on Earth cares about your arbitrary 1988 cutoff point. The NBA began in the 40s and titles/records count since the beginning.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
:camby:And nobody on Earth cares about your arbitrary 1988 cutoff point. The NBA began in the 40s and titles/records count since the beginning.

I know, that's why I said they're overrated. If people looked at Boston's recent history of the last 32 years yall would be talked about like the Mavs----->good franchise, but not top tier. But since all that ancient shyt counts yall get glorified despite average to mediocre recent history lmao...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If you were alive to witness and enjoy it, what difference does it make. Some people have gone their entire lives without going through the journey with their team winning a title.

furthermore anything won the previous year is the past regardless.

fans of the current title winners are the only ones that can brag anyway.