If you’re in the nursing field, GET YO ASS IN HERE AND HELP A HAITIAN nikka OUT...

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this guy for real? Go all those non racist folks in Miami where you claim to stay at instead of online hip hop forum........this fukkin guy

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
Can I work at a hospital with that associates though? :jbhmm: If that BSN is a requirement, shyt might get tricky...I’m 27 now I’m hoping to wrap up school before or right when I hit 30 :obama: I been doing warehouse work since I was 19 and my body getting tired...I make about $23 a hour now at Publix warehouse but I feel like I work too hard for that money...

Get your BSN. Better pay, more job opportunities, and more management opportunities, especially with you being a male.

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
Get your BSN. Better pay, more job opportunities, and more management opportunities, especially with you being a male.
BSN is 4 years of school right? :jbhmm: Or maybe I can get an AS, work as an RN and then go back for the BSN since a lot of jobs pay for your next phase of education...I plan on living off my savings :skip: idk if I got enough in it for 4 years of no pay...

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Be an illegal immigrant with no skills, brehs. :russ:
It's 2018 and being a RN takes two years. By 2020, you need a BSN to work in a hospital. If you can't do the math, then maybe you're not qualified to be a nurse. :manny:

Consider other options. :sas2:

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
Be an illegal immigrant with no skills, brehs. :russ:
It's 2018 and being a RN takes two years. By 2020, you need a BSN to work in a hospital. If you can't do the math, then maybe you're not qualified to be a nurse. :manny:

Consider other options. :sas2:
Get out my thread fukkboy:camby: hating on another black man while you hush mouth about cacs :rudy: nan gyet manmanw

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Can I work at a hospital with that associates though? :jbhmm: If that BSN is a requirement, shyt might get tricky...I’m 27 now I’m hoping to wrap up school before or right when I hit 30 :obama: I been doing warehouse work since I was 19 and my body getting tired...I make about $23 a hour now at Publix warehouse but I feel like I work too hard for that money...

1. They (nursing schools) have been saying this (youll need a BSN) about ASN vs BSN for over 10 years. There arent enough BSN prepared nurses to pull this off. Some states really are in a nursing shortage. And when i say shortage, im talking about people actually wanting to work full time in acute care settings (hospitals), not how many people just happen to be licensed in a state.

2. The only way to know for sure what current (& near future) requirements for a licensed nurse in your state is to contact the state board of nursing for the state you plan to work in / take the state boards in.

3. Please be advised that nursing school is not easy. Extremely few people finish an ASN program in 2 years (even going full time). Most Community Colleges require you to have all your pre requisite classes complete (with an A or B average in your science courses) before you can even apply for clinical courses. The workload is just to heavy to do both. You dont have to be a genius to be a nurse, but some people truly think its simple. And its far from simple. You will have to study and retain information so you understand how not to kill your patient.

4. People that enroll in a BSN as a freshman can generally graduate in 4 years with full time study (often times summers included to lighten workload).

5. An ASN and BSN prepared RN are often times offered the same or similar salary (when applying to the same or similar job) after graduation. - Experience pays more than degree or choice of school. A BSN from Harvard isnt necessarily going to make more than a BSN from a state school. If you want to get paid according to prestige, go to business school.

6. In general, the northeast/mid atlantic and northwest/west pay more per hour than the south and midwest.

7. Most hospital still hire ASNs. Hospitals associated with universities or bigger city hospitals will hire you and give a certain amnt of time to obtain a BSN (usually 5 yrs). Other places wont care what you are as long as you have a nursing lic.

8. Always do your own research when dealing with a school advisor. Sometimes a black face throws them off code and they start juelzing about your career options. If you want to be a nurse then study and be a nurse. Dont let them tell you wtf is gonna be going on in a field they dont work in 5 yrs from now.

9. You're welcome.

10. :ufdup: most of ya posts still :trash:

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
1. They (nursing schools) have been saying this (youll need a BSN) about ASN vs BSN for over 10 years. There arent enough BSN prepared nurses to pull this off. Some states really are in a nursing shortage. And when i say shortage, im talking about people actually wanting to work full time in acute care settings (hospitals), not how many people just happen to be licensed in a state.

2. The only way to know for sure what current (& near future) requirements for a licensed nurse in your state is to contact the state board of nursing for the state you plan to work in / take the state boards in.

3. Please be advised that nursing school is not easy. Extremely few people finish an ASN program in 2 years (even going full time). Most Community Colleges require you to have all your pre requisite classes complete (with an A or B average in your science courses) before you can even apply for clinical courses. The workload is just to heavy to do both. You dont have to be a genius to be a nurse, but some people truly think its simple. And its far from simple. You will have to study and retain information so you understand how not to kill your patient.

4. People that enroll in a BSN as a freshman can generally graduate in 4 years with full time study (often times summers included to lighten workload).

5. An ASN and BSN prepared RN are often times offered the same or similar salary (when applying to the same or similar job) after graduation. - Experience pays more than degree or choice of school. A BSN from Harvard isnt necessarily going to make more than a BSN from a state school. If you want to get paid according to prestige, go to business school.

6. In general, the northeast/mid atlantic and northwest/west pay more per hour than the south and midwest.

7. Most hospital still hire ASNs. Hospitals associated with universities or bigger city hospitals will hire you and give a certain amnt of time to obtain a BSN (usually 5 yrs). Other places wont care what you are as long as you have a nursing lic.

8. Always do your own research when dealing with a school advisor. Sometimes a black face throws them off code and they start juelzing about your career options. If you want to be a nurse then study and be a nurse. Dont let them tell you wtf is gonna be going on in a field they dont work in 5 yrs from now.

9. You're welcome.

10. :ufdup: most of ya posts still :trash:
Yea you right I see NY state passed a law earlier this year requiring RNs to get their BSNs within 10 years of their RN licensure...if I got 10 years to get 2 years of education done while only working 3 days a week then that’s a given...that school advisor straight hit me with the :troll: when she saw a 6’2 nikka with dreads wanting to do nursing...:handshake: you put a nikka on game tho...most my posts are facts, which is why my rep in the red :gucci: you know nikkas don’t like to hear the truth...

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
That's not hate. It's the truth. Bon chans, malpwopte. :russ:
:pachaha:Mesi neg ima hit the books bruh I wanna be done throwing cases on pallets...9 years of that bullshyt is enough...I’m one of the few nikkas on here who ain’t 6 certs 6 pack 6 series :huhldup: I got a regular job...

Daps
You wasted all those years fresh out of high school. Nursing is hard dude
Why are you trying to discourage him not to go into medicine? Nursing is not hard. Stop discouraging blacks from challenging themselves.