Illmatic Vs Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Illmatic Vs Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous

its mid 1990's and Hip Hop and Gangster rap was exploding across the globe, two of the most influential east coast spitters were dropping their major debut releases:

nas_illmatic_font.jpg

Nas and his Illmatic project dropped April 19 1994 debuted at #12 selling 59,000 copies in its first week on the Columbia Records label. Producers included DJ Premier, Q-tip, Pete Rock & Large Professor.

Songs included in the album were such as:

* NEW YORK STATE OF MIND
* HALFTIME
* REPRESENT
* ONE LOVE
and 'The world is yours'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

B00000294R01_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Lifestylez ov da poor and dangerous hit the stores in 1995 on March 28th
and to quote Big L himself from an interview with 'Hip-hop Connection'
"The album sold pretty good. It did well, extremely well when you take into account that it didn't get much airplay or video play but peoples still sent out and supported it. If you took the promotion and video play away from some other artists, they couldn't sell what I sold. It sold just by word of mouth. People were like, ‘Big L is hot, we like him’, not because the label put me out there or supported me."
producers included Buckwild, Lord Finesse & Showbiz

with songs such as:

* PUT IT ON
* M.V.P.
* DANGER ZONE
* LIFESTYLEZ OV DA POOR & DANGEROUS
and 'No endz, no skinz'

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
^ big mel and freshaig tryna switch their styles up after I told em they dikkride less popular shyt over popular shyt

i see you

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Illmatic wins this in a landslide for me. Just a more cohesive, timeless piece of work.

But Illmatic vs. Doe Or Die?! shytttttttttttttt

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
big l easily imo if u want to be technically big l is the better mc in terms of technicality like in terms complex rhyme schemes metaphors wordplay and punchlines and flow etc.

so big l got this imo but let me leave this thread before nas stans who probably was not even born when illmatic came out talk about how great illmatic was and they stone me to death.

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
big l easily imo if u want to be technically big l is the better mc in terms of technicality like in terms complex rhyme schemes metaphors wordplay and punchlines and flow etc.

so big l got this imo but let me leave this thread before nas stans who probably was not even born when illmatic came out talk about how great illmatic was and they stone me to death.
Didnt you say you were 24? How the hell were u listening to Illmatic when it came out?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

You crackbaby fakket, Big L was only superior in terms of punchlines and he used a double time flow at certain types. Other than that Illmatic blows him away in terms of complex lyricism, vocabulary and storytelling. L never spit an epic like NY State of Mind. And you weren't listening to none of these albums when they came out either.

Illmatic is a flat out better album on all fronts, better concept, better storytelling, lyricism, production, more influence and much more highly regarded. There's only 2-3 albums that I would even put in the same light as Illmatic and L's shyt ain't one of them. Lord Finesse The Awakening is better than L's album in the same camp.