I'm a 25 year old with no job and limited education

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Military is probably out of the question for dude. OP said he had a skin condition and MEPS will most likely DQ him for that, I've seen someone get DQ'd for acne before :usure:

but yeah, try to get a good job that doesn't require college, there's lots of them.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
What type of government job can you get with limited education?
A low government job, but they're out there. Both state & federal. Here in Illinois, there vets get the step up before anyone else. But when I was trying to get a state job I had to take a test to see where I fell. Try that route

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Post office for a long term thing. Might be a good fit considering you can't be too physical.

You could subsidize some computer classes on the side, try to get some certifications if you're up for it.

Er, not you. OP.
eleborate on these certs. im a youngin in community college and dont knoe what the fukk i want but coding seems cool but to go to college for it looks too tough. lots of math

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
Cam model.

giphy.gif
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::deadrose::deadrose:

mase-gif.gif

You've bullshyt this long and now you're making demands. :dahell: Join the military dude.

:dead::dead: I can't deal with yall nikkas today..... I just cant.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I have a HVAC cert but the issue with that is I have a skin disability that could cause me issues any physical type job. My best bet would be a job I can use my mind more than my body

You should check out Quality Control jobs, there are some positions in which you do not need a college degree, the only thing you have to do is take some science classes at a junior college.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
fukk the army if youre Black, you'll be fighting Donald Trump or Hillarys wars and be put on the front line especially with your limited education..you'll be fodder.
Try growing weed, as a legit business esp in Socal. You can get books and info on how to grow and shyt..

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends on what you like to do.

If you not about them books hardcore and office jobs pick up a trade. The best thing you can do is just get up and go to a community college and see what you need to do to enroll.

Don't even think or worry about anything else get your foot in the door and get things in motion

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I need some advice. I don't want to work some bullshyt ass job I want a career. Something I can be proud of but I have no discernible skills. What advice would you give a young man trying to get back into the workforce? Should I go to school? Should I try to get a government job? I just want to live comfortable for now. I live in southern Cali btw

As another 25 year old in the same situation, I'll tell you this.

You need to fix the reason why you are 25 with a limited education. Why?

Because if you do not, you will find yourself in this situation again and again. All jobs I had were because I needed one, I didn't pay attention to how I felt about it or did it fit with what I wanted to do as a career. I am now paying for those mistakes with a terrible job history, very few references, and student loans. You need to take some time and research (yes actually dig into the internet) to find out what your interests are.

I copped the CompTia A+ cert recently (thanks to @bdizzle ) and I'm literally starting from the bottom again. But it is an interest I only figured out by writing down and asking myself questions. Will I want to do something else? Maybe, but you gotta think present tense.

School is great, but not the end all to a career or education. Again, following your interests or already existing skill sets will make it 10x easier to find a pathway. Loans are a bytch.

Forget being comfortable, that is for people who started life at 18. Grind now and be comfortable later or be 30 and asking yourself the same questions.