I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True. :ehh: I wasn't speaking to you as a subordinate I'm just saying...people need to do their homework is all. It saves a lot of debt and energy, and makes college more worthwhile :ehh:

All good homie.

In the end college is nothing more than a business and a feeder system. Most these colleges are not going to tell these kids these degrees won't pay them money and most likely they will need to get multiple degrees to get paid.

It is like a car salesman. He or she aint telling the customer don't buy that ford cause its a shyt car, that has poor resale value and will go to shyt at 100k miles. Naw they just want the sale.

Add that to society telling folks the only way they can have a good living is through a college degree and now you have a society of educated and in debt folks who got 30k plus in debt but can't get jobs.

The system is functioning exactly as it was meant to be.

• Dap
Reactions: FSP

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
But aren't there some benefits to college outside from a piece of paper, that is worth paying for and maybe worth going in a little debt for?

Untangeables like
Critical thinking skills
Life experiences
Social skills
Organizational skills ?
Networking etc?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But aren't there some benefits to college outside from a piece of paper, that is worth paying for and maybe worth going in a little debt for?

Untangeables like
Critical thinking skills
Life experiences
Social skills
Organizational skills ?
Networking etc?

In terms of investment a college degree is the best investment there is.

Lets say you spend 40k on a college degree that pays you 40k a year for 10 years. That is a 40k investment that got you 400k before taxes.

Who wouldn't take an investment like that and that ain't even counting merit raises.

FSP

Banned
Daps

Untangeables like
Critical thinking skills
Life experiences
Social skills
Organizational skills ?
Networking etc?

That's what it is, honestly. In fact I'd say grades themselves are probably the least important part of college (as long as you pass), unless you're trying to get into med school. The good stuff is everywhere else. That's why I'll never quite fully criticize people who join frats and sororities. They know what they're doing in a social sense

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You getting mad for no reason.
I refering to the person you are quoting.
Now calm your ass down and relax nikka.
:stopitslime:
:russ:

I fukked up.... been a rough 2 days...

tenor.gif

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In terms of investment a college degree is the best investment there is.

Lets say you spend 40k on a college degree that pays you 40k a year for 10 years. That is a 40k investment that got you 400k before taxes.

Who wouldn't take an investment like that and that ain't even counting merit raises.
We don't believe you, you need more people

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
nikka literally doesn't know what median means. LOL

:patrice: you're just looking for any leg to stand on at this point ain't you?

i posted that info and you clowns have had 2 days to debunk it...the only thing you can say is that I don't know what median means? really?

post up a link that shows the correct info, or better yet, describe what it is you all do for a living that nets you all 80-90K+ a year WITHOUT a college education?

seriously - there are teenagers and college dudes on here, enlighten them. :coffee:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There seem to be two lines of thought here for the "No College After Highschool" crowd :

"All you need is a highschool diploma and YOU TOO can be a millionaire/billionaire" - A line of thought
that'll lead to financial ruin and minimum wages for the rest of your damn life.

"Your highschool diploma will go far but you NEED to get SOME KIND of post Highschool education" - This makes
sense, whether you're attending community college or not YOU WILL have tp gain some NEW KNOWLEDGE
and SKILLS in order to be a viable candidate in the work force. Anyone towing that bullshyt about "Just a highschool
diploma" is handing out shytty advice.

The majority of degrees awarded today are psychology degrees

The majority of people with psychology degrees are in debt and can't find jobs

There's nothing wrong with your goal being to work for someone else

There's also nothing wrong with someone else's goal to work for themselves. Most colleges don't teach a person how to work for themselves
The vast majority of people will work for someone else and I think it's irresponsible to push this idea that the
average joe is gonna luck up on a billion or million dollar company. I support entrepreneurial endeavors what I DON'T
support is complete flights of fancy and delusions of grandeur that these brehs will be the next bill gates or steve jobs if they
just drop out of their local community college.

Get an education brehs.
Learn your Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Physics etc.
Get a nice engineering, computer science or other science focused degree,stack your bread
and retire a millionaire in your 40's/50's.
And if you got it like that, apply those skills and develop your own product, try to go the route
of an entrepreneur just don't let these Coli brehs have you thinking you'll shyt out Windows Or
The Ipod or Ebay or Amazon or Facebook and retire worth a couple billy by dropping out of college.

We don't believe you, you need more people

I'm pretty sure he cares about the degrees his engineers have.
Trust and believe you aren't gonna make $200,000, $150,000 etc.
Just walking into the building.
You either showcase exceptional ability (genius level talent)
or you get a degree.

There's more cats working @ Tesla, Space X, etc. with degrees
in engineering than there aren't. Believe it.

Last edited:

FSP

Banned
Daps
There seem to be two lines of thought here for the "No College After Highschool" crowd :

"All you need is a highschool diploma and YOU TOO can be a millionaire/billionaire" - A line of thought
that'll lead to financial ruin and minimum wages for the rest of your damn life.

"Your highschool diploma will go far but you NEED to get SOME KIND of post Highschool education" - This makes
sense, whether you're attending community college or not YOU WILL have tp gain some NEW KNOWLEDGE
and SKILLS in order to be a viable candidate in the work force. Anyone towing that bullshyt about "Just a highschool
diploma" is handing out shytty advice.

The vast majority of people will work for someone else and I think it's irresponsible to push this idea that the
average joe is gonna luck up on a billion or million dollar company. I support entrepreneurial endeavors what I DON'T
support is complete flights of fancy and delusions of grandeur that these brehs will be the next bill gates or steve jobs if they
just drop out of their local community college.

Get an education brehs.
Learn your Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Physics etc.
Get a nice engineering, computer science or other science focused degree,stack your bread
and retire a millionaire in your 40's/50's.
And if you got it like that, apply those skills and develop your own product, try to go the route
of an entrepreneur just don't let these Coli brehs have you thinking you'll shyt out Windows Or
The Ipod or Ebay or Amazon or Facebook and retire worth a couple billy.

I'm pretty sure he cares about the degrees his engineers have.
Trust and believe you aren't gonna make $200,000, $150,000 etc.
Just walking into the building.
You either showcase exceptional ability (genius level talent)
or you get a degree.

There's more cats working @ Tesla, Space X, etc. with degrees
in engineering than there aren't. Believe it.
They won't listen :snoop:

Dream on players. I hope you all make it, just don't bet the house on luck and happenstance, cuz that's what you're gonna need with the kinda figures ya'll are talmbout

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dead: @ this.
yet Elon Musk the CEO, CTO and founder of Space X is only hiring
the absolute cream of the crop when it comes to Engineers.
We're talking about 1% of the 10% THAT ARE COLLEGE GRADUATES !
Yale, Harvard, MIT and so on and so on.
Unless you're able to get a referral into the company and/or demonstrate
great ability BEFORE you're hired that degree will come in handy.
:laff:

Again, if you aren't doing complex Aeronautical Experiments as a HOBBY or getting your Bachelors/Masters in Aerospace/Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Engineering.

You WILL NOT be working at places like this making the big bucks.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:dead: @ this.
yet Elon Musk the CEO, CTO and founder of Space X is only hiring
the absolute cream of the crop when it comes to Engineers.
We're talking about 1% of the 10% THAT ARE COLLEGE GRADUATES !
Yale, Harvard, MIT and so on and so on.
Unless you're able to get a referral into the company and/or demonstrate
great ability BEFORE you're hired that degree will come in handy.
:laff:

Again, if you aren't doing complex Aeronautical Experiments as a HOBBY or getting your Bachelors/Masters in Aerospace/Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Engineering.

You WILL NOT be working at places like this making the big bucks.
And you didn't understand a word that any of them said smh