I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
he's saying that elon musk ain't hiring no high school dropouts or muthafukkas with community college degrees...which is true. :comeon:
And Elon Musk is saying that your life goal shouldn't be to work lower-middle management for someone else's company

Which is all college will teach you how to do

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I've been hearing that "look at these billionaires never went to college!" shyt for years, even before zuckerberg and elon musk made the list

but nobody ever talks about this:
29 Valuable Facts about Millionaires | Fact Retriever

- Around 80% of millionaires are college graduates.
Only 18% of millionaires have Master’s degrees.
Eight percent have law degrees,
6% have medical degrees
6% have PhDs.

most of us are struggling to even get to 100K a year yet dudes out here using billionaires as a measuring stick for not going to college :bryan:

don't know about you, but i'm good with having a few million in the bank account at some point in life...or would that be an "L" in life on the coli :martin:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I have a bachelor's and my wife has a master's. I always made more money until January 2017. And I was the first one like :salute: Cuzz she should have been making more money than me for a while. Also she worked in education and I worked in healthcare so I was always in a higher paying industry. Now she's in healthcare as well and her money got righteous :win:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Also a lot of y'all mentioned this, but quality of life it's important. My wife job got her traveling and working weekends and holidays sometimes. My job don't have me doing all that bullshyt. And my hours are more flexible and I can work from home when I need to do so and she cannot. If I need to leave early I can pretty much do so without anyone trying as long as I got no meetings and what not.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
If you don't have any certification, then what protects you when employer or customer just wants to go with an undocumented worker who does the same job as you (for much cheaper)?

Companies try to outsource from within by bringing in Indian workers in some of the STEM fields also, but there are restrictions in place.

If you pay attention to the way the world is heading,why wouldn't you try to get as much education,degrees, certification,licenses as possible?? To have more options open to you.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If you don't have any certification, then what protects you when employer or customer just wants to go with an undocumented worker who does the same job as you (for much cheaper)?

Companies try to outsource from within by bringing in Indian workers in some of the STEM fields also, but there are restrictions in place.

If you pay attention to the way the world is heading,why wouldn't you try to get as much education,degrees, certification,licenses as possible?? To have more options open to you.
When it comes to outsourcing, it's college-educated people with degrees who have been the most negatively affected by it

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I've been hearing that "look at these billionaires never went to college!" shyt for years, even before zuckerberg and elon musk made the list

but nobody ever talks about this:
29 Valuable Facts about Millionaires | Fact Retriever

- Around 80% of millionaires are college graduates.
Only 18% of millionaires have Master’s degrees.
Eight percent have law degrees,
6% have medical degrees
6% have PhDs.

most of us are struggling to even get to 100K a year yet dudes out here using billionaires as a measuring stick for not going to college :bryan:

don't know about you, but i'm good with having a few million in the bank account at some point in life...or would that be an "L" in life on the coli :martin:
Ok, and how many of those college-educated millionaires came from a family with money already?

Serious question

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
When it comes to outsourcing, it's college-educated people with degrees who have been the most negatively affected by it

You dodged the question. Central American illegals are effectively outsourcing jobs of workers here across all sectors. The easier the job is to fill, the easier it is to replace with undocumented worker.
I had this exact discussion years ago with a guy saying what you have written here. I asked him the same questions. He evaded them the same way.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You dodged the question. Central American illegals are effectively outsourcing jobs of workers here across all sectors. The easier the job is to fill, the easier it is to replace with undocumented worker.
I had this exact discussion years ago with a guy saying what you have written here. I asked him the same questions. He evaded them the same way.
1. What question are you talking about?? Most people can't get certifications and/or degrees without incurring debt, so it would be financially irresponsible for a person to incur more and more debt for the sake of "options"

2. You don't seem to know what the definition of "out-sourcing" is. It's an issue that almost exclusively affects college-educated people with degrees.

Undocumented workers coming over here and taking cheap unskilled labor jobs from people here is not "out-sourcing" smh

Reno89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Median-Income-by-Education-Attained.png

://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/median-weekly-earnings-by-education-gender-race-and-ethnicity-in-2014.htm
A Simple Equation: More Education = More Income

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
List of sole survivors of airline accidents or incidents - Wikipedia

Post the average debt of each also :lupe:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
1. What question are you talking about?? Most people can't get certifications and/or degrees without incurring debt, so it would be financially irresponsible for a person to incur more and more debt for the sake of "options"

"a)If you don't have any certification, then what protects you when employer or customer just wants to go with an undocumented worker who does the same job as you (for much cheaper)?

b)If you pay attention to the way the world is heading,why wouldn't you try to get as much education,degrees, certification,licenses as possible?? To have more options open to you."

2. You don't seem to know what the definition of "out-sourcing" is. It's an issue that almost exclusively affects college-educated people with degrees.

Undocumented workers coming over here and taking cheap unskilled labor jobs from people here is not "out-sourcing" smh

"Companies try to outsource from within by bringing in Indian workers in some of the STEM fields also, but there are restrictions in place."

Outsourcing from within, which I wrote in my first post, is when employers use the H-B1 visa program to literally bring in foreign workers HERE to work HERE.Replacing American workers using a loophole

Undocumented workers coming here due to open border is effectively outsourcing different sectors of the economy.

As for the parts of your post that I underlined, just highlighting the contradiction of your stance. You say that "paying for certification is financially irresponsible".....you acknowledge that undocumented workers are taking "unskilled labor" jobs..but you don't make the connection between the kinds of jobs that those not getting cert./degree are eligible for and those that are open to undocumented workers, as if there is no overlap.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
"a)If you don't have any certification, then what protects you when employer or customer just wants to go with an undocumented worker who does the same job as you (for much cheaper)?

b)If you pay attention to the way the world is heading,why wouldn't you try to get as much education,degrees, certification,licenses as possible?? To have more options open to you."

"Companies try to outsource from within by bringing in Indian workers in some of the STEM fields also, but there are restrictions in place."

Outsourcing from within, which I wrote in my first post, is when employers use the H-B1 visa program to literally bring in foreign workers HERE to work HERE.Replacing American workers using a loophole

Undocumented workers coming here due to open border is effectively outsourcing different sectors of the economy.

As for the parts of your post that I underlined, just highlighting the contradiction of your stance. You say that "paying for certification is financially irresponsible".....you acknowledge that undocumented workers are taking "unskilled labor" jobs..but you don't make the connection between the kinds of jobs that those not getting cert./degree are eligible for and those that are open to undocumented workers, as if there is no overlap.

Like I said before, you didn't understand what the definition of out-sourcing was so now you're deflecting

Companies aren't bringing in undocumented workers to take unskilled positions, they're bringing in legal foreign workers to take skilled positions belonging to people with degrees

And your other logical fallacy was assuming that a person who doesn't choose to put themselves in debt by obtaining multiple certifications for no reason, doesn't already have a certification/degree to begin with. I said that paying for multiple certifications just to have "options" is financially irresponsible because most people will incur a large amount of debt to do that(I'm repeating myself here because you clearly selectively read my previous post)

Again, you should really take a second to learn what out-sourcing(not "out-sourcing from within" or any other deflective term) really is, on a fundamental level. Undocumented workers coming over here of their own free will and taking unskilled labor jobs for less money is not out-sourcing. It's undercutting