I’m Playing The OG Final Fantasy 7 For the First Time Right Now

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finished the Nibelheim flashback and I’m not gonna lie this shyt is crack. :whoo:

Graphically it sucks but you get used to it. The Materia system is fun as hell and the story has me hooked so far. And that soundtrack!:wow:

The FF7 Remake was my first FF game and I had a lot of fun beating it last summer but I feel like that shyt was really made for the people that played the OG. I was lost on a lot of scenes, for example I didn’t know who the fukk Zack was, so that cameo he had just went over my head. :heh:

I’m actually kind of annoyed now because I see how much filler bullshyt the Remake has.:heh: Anyway my plan is to finish this game up, then go play Crisis Core Reunion and give the Remake another shot now that I’ll have better context for everything.:whew:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
:myman:

I remember when you have sephiroth as a party member and how ridiculously OP he was.

:lupe:

Make sure when you get to Dayne that you equipped barret with some healing material.

:ufdup:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m at Cosmo Canyon right now. The more I play the more annoyed I get at how much fukking filler they put into the remake. :dead:

How did yall not cause a riot when that came out?:dead: I specifically remember that dumbass crate section with the mechanical arm, come to find out that in the OG that arm was literally just a piece of the background. :mjlol:

I will say though that Rebirth is going to be insane since it will probably start off with the flashback of Sephiroth burning Nibelheim. :whoo:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m at Cosmo Canyon right now. The more I play the more annoyed I get at how much fukking filler they put into the remake. :dead:

How did yall not cause a riot when that came out?:dead: I specifically remember that dumbass crate section with the mechanical arm, come to find out that in the OG that arm was literally just a piece of the background. :mjlol:

I will say though that Rebirth is going to be insane since it will probably start off with the flashback of Sephiroth burning Nibelheim. :whoo:

I did, i hate all the filler and extra shyt.

I have more faith in rebirth cause they now gottta the rest of FF7 into the last two games which is not gonna be an easy feat

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

I can't lie, I liked how they added more detail to the different sectors that weren't fleshed out in the original. The one you mentioned and the Train Graveyard I felt did real justice to capture the essence of those areas in the original.

What I hate is how they retconned the story with weird time ghosts, new obscure bosses that no one will remember, and took us to Jesse's home for no real reason (and honestly who gives af bout Jesse?). Luckily the gameplay is fun as hell... that and the nostalgia factor is why more people didn't shyt on this game.

The OG is goat tho.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You might want to follow a guide for the summons/materia as some are missable.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I can't lie, I liked how they added more detail to the different sectors that weren't fleshed out in the original. The one you mentioned and the Train Graveyard I felt did real justice to capture the essence of those areas in the original.

What I hate is how they retconned the story with weird time ghosts, new obscure bosses that no one will remember, and took us to Jesse's home for no real reason (and honestly who gives af bout Jesse?). Luckily the gameplay is fun as hell... that and the nostalgia factor is why more people didn't shyt on this game.

The OG is goat tho.

You're right about the nostalgia factor.

And they're tip toeing a thin fukking line with any/all story changes.

Cloud and company had all the enemies it needed Sephiroth, Jenova, fukkING HOJO, President Shinra, Rufus, the Turks, Shinra itself, when the planet said fukk you too unleashing the Weapons, and everytime Cloud went Winter Soldier (they should play with that more before anything else.)

Oh and that pimp/mob boss running those Sector 6 streets trying to dikk down hos everytime he equips the support materia the dikk doctor prescribed him.

I dont know why this generation cant make quality, original art. When they do "reboot" something sacred, they have the audacity and delusions of gradeur to mix in all this extra nonsense.

And Aeris better fukking stay dead.

I'm actually cool with the Jesse side quest. Cloud needs to get some side puss while he's pretending to be a Chad.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The decision to focus so heavily on the intro to the original game in the remake was baffling. That now means the rest of the game will have an unbalanced focus in comparison. That material will likely end up not being as expanded upon.