Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Tired of constant fighting even over the most mundane facts. Tired of anti-woman, anti-immigrant, and other stuff that just divides the community. Tired of expending the paragraphs of energy it takes to debunk every short line of unsourced bullshyt. Most of all, tired of having discussions where no one knows who each other is and too many relationships are either negative or nonexistent. I've decided I need to focus my energy on people who actually know me and people I actually know, where the real shyt we've done and cred we have stands before every word we say.

And I'm gonna be honest I've participated in a lot of the negative shyt here. I find myself becoming a more aggressive, more argumentative, more derogatory person the more I post here. It's seeping into other parts of my life, and I don't like it. So like I've been telling folk since last week (and hinting at for longer than that), I'm getting out of here.

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna miss a lot of you. @FAH1223, @Booksnrain, @gabbo, I respect the hell out of all of you and will be sad not to interact anymore. @Orbital-Fetus, @storyteller, @Cole Cash, @neotheflyingone, @hashmander, @Reality, @Russ, @Sukairain, @Starman, @Robbie3000, @19-, @Serious, @Black Panther, @Jimmy from Linkedin, @Ya' Cousin Cleon, @IllmaticDelta, @88m3, @A.R.$, @2Quik4UHoes, @VegasCAC, @The axe murderer, @Secure Da Bag, @PewPew, @AZBeauty, @Yapdatfool, @lightskin jermaine, @mc_brew, @AndroidHero, @Dr. Acula, @BoBurnz, @intra vires, @Apollo Kid, @Sbp, @Taharqa, @Spatial Paradox, @Mantis Toboggan M.D., @GnauzBookOfRhymes, and even @DEAD7, thanks for being supportive when I did the Historical Beefs series and many of y'all in the other times too. @duncanthetall, @Wild self, @mastermind, @Dray5K, @GPBear, @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, @Stir Fry, @mobbinfms, @nyknick, @mastermind, I was usually happy to see you input into a thread. @BigAggieLean., @Paper Boi, @Drip Bayless, @™BlackPearl The Empress™ you good people. All you fools in the Coliseum too, the true bball knowledge contingent is more than I can name, just recognize LBJ is undisputed top-2 of all time. @Walt is the legend. @Rarely-Wrong Liggins I always respected you a lot even when we butted heads on shyt. @Barnett114 and @Houston911 thanks for being decent mods.

I know there's a lot of other names that deserved a shoutout but I'm terrible with remembering folks' names, please don't take offense if I left you out.

Remember that those who really care about the Black community and are willing to put their necks on the line for the entire diaspora ain't all that common in this world. We gotta stick together as a community and look out for each other if we're gonna make it anywhere. Stay positive and treat each other with grace, more grace than I've been able to show here.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Also, a last wiki entry to summarize it all.

Brandolini's law - Wikipedia

Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshyt asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information:[1] "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshyt is an order of magnitude larger than to produce it."[2][3]

Origins
It was publicly formulated the first time in January 2013[4] by Alberto Brandolini, an Italian programmer. Brandolini stated that he was inspired by reading Daniel Kahneman's Thinking, Fast and Slow right before watching an Italian political talk show with journalist Marco Travaglio and former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi attacking each other.[5][6]

Similar concepts
Other notable thinkers and philosophers have noted similar truths throughout history.

In his 1786 Letters on Infidelity, George Horne wrote:

Pertness and ignorance may ask a question in three lines, which it will cost learning and ingenuity thirty pages to answer. When this is done, the same question shall be triumphantly asked again the next year, as if nothing had ever been written upon the subject. And as people in general, for one reason or another, like short objections better than long answers, in this mode of disputation (if it can be styled such) the odds must ever be against us; and we must be content with those for our friends who have honesty and erudition, candor and patience, to study both sides of the question.[7]

In 1906, famed American author Mark Twain dictated (in volume 2 of his autobiography[8])

The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance. … How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again!​

Another similar concept was formulated by economist Roy Radner in 1993, who considered the performance of an organization that processes information in terms of both the number of processors required to review data items, and the time delays associated with processing data items.[9]

In 2005, Russian physicist Sergey Lopatnikov anonymously published an essay[10][11] where he introduced the following definition:

If the text of each phrase requires a paragraph (to disprove), each paragraph - a section, each section - a chapter, and each chapter - a book, the whole text becomes effectively irrefutable and, therefore, acquires features of truthfulness. I define such truthfulness as transcendental.

In debating, the Gish gallop is a technique that focuses on overwhelming an opponent with as many arguments as possible, without regard for accuracy or strength thereof.

A frequently cited, but ultimately unattributed quote[8] of similar meaning is

It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.​

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I totally understand. I partake in this shyt less and less. It really is a fukkin drag when you try to live your life on some positive shyt. Like, I’ll start my day doing some positive, enlightening shyt, then when I want to look at something leisurely it’s some negative shyt? Just straight ass backwards shyt?

Admittedly, I partake when it’s on some simple stan shyt but some of the shyt I see in here is next level toxic for the soul type shyt. I’m a founding member of the coli, I helped in the exodus from sohh, but I guess after awhile people get older and need the bullshyt less and less.

Drop by once in a blue if you want or can but otherwise I wish you well out there.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get where you are coming from 100%. I’ve even tried to set a time limit using my screen time functionality for this place, but i don’t have the discipline to follow through. Next step may be requesting a perm ban.

Im feel the same way about the internet in general. I got rid of Twitter and will be weaning myself off YouTube political/discussion shows. There is just too much conflict, negativity, stupidity and ignorance that it has become overwhelming. The world feels like a Royal Rumble right now. People on the same side 95% of the time will beef like sworn enemies. It’s too much.

Thanks for your contributions.