Imagine a BMORE cat telling you something serious...damn near impossible not to laugh in his face.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Baltimore nikkaz aren't really big shyt talkers.
This is facts, for real. Very laid back vibe; at least that’s how they were with me and mine; as long as you don’t say stupid shyt- they’re cool with you if you are with them. Those who try to test like in the OP, with the try hard routines, acting rowdy - it never ends well. People can make fun of that accent all they want until it gets used against them.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Yeah I mean like what's the history behind it.

I remember years ago someone showing me a black people from Rhode Island having weird accent that sounded European also.

The Baltimore accent sounds heavily colonized to me lol.

But I think the most remarkable thing about their accent is that no other city around them sounds like them despite how close east coast cities are to eachother. Nobody from DC, Philly, Delaware, Jersey or NYC have that sound overall.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Yeah I mean like what's the history behind it.
Like it was mentioned earlier this was one of the earliest colonies so there’s a strong English influence here. You can here it in the white folks real strong. Also during slavery Baltimore had the highest number of free blacks in the country at one point so they prolly tried to mimic that accent to separate themselves from slaves. During the period after Reconstruction up until WW2 a lot of freed blacks from the surrounding counties in the country in MD moved to Baltimore or DC or kept moving back and forth which is why there are still a lot of black communities out in the sticks. My family did this a lot. Some came from the Carolinas too. After WW2 even more people migrated from the Carolinas. So you mix that all together and that’s where the accent comes from

Last edited:

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is facts, for real. Very laid back vibe; at least that’s how they were with me and mine; as long as you don’t say stupid shyt- they’re cool with you if you are with them. Those who try to test like in the OP, with the try hard routines, acting rowdy - it never ends well. People can make fun of that accent all they want until it gets used against them.

Exactly!