Immigration Amnesty: The Path to Poverty

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
...do you know how to read more than a single sentence?

Rate of assimilation is higher, even though the number of new arrivals keeps the index even. So we're fine.

The only reason it's lower for Mexicans is lack of opportunity, which suggests that more opportunity = more assimilation.

Breh stop trying to put lipstick on a pig, the report clearly states that immigrants assimilating less than last century and the report bolsters my case that decreasing immigration would increase assimilation

Every time you call customer service you are confronted with evidence of people not assimilating

The fact that you currently find the current rate of assimilation satisfactory is just your opinion, nothing you said counters my point, you asked me why we should care if net migration is net zero and I answered your question

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Yet i never hear you saying this about Jews, Muslims, the Amish, Italians still speaking Italian, China Town, etc, etc.

Time after time your agenda has been exposed, you don't like hispanic folks.

Dont worry, it's nothing against Spanish, When I hear press 3 for Yiddish my head will explode also

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
i have no idea where you got that info from, there are ebb and flows, i think asians are the biggest group last year, but that is actually a huge shift from the past 30 years, the majority of both legal and illegal immigrants are from mexico and south and central america, there is a huge overlap between the two groups

I got my info from the DHS website

U.S. Legal Permanent Residents: 2012 | Homeland Security

Biggest country legally was Mexico (146K) but biggest region was Asia (430K+) vs ~400K for the Americas, which includes the Carribean, South America and Canada

Thats besides the point though

How does an illegal immigrant keep a legal immigrant from assimilating

Superstar
Daps
Breh stop trying to put lipstick on a pig, the report clearly states that immigrants assimilating less than last century and the report bolsters my case that decreasing immigration would increase assimilation

No, it says that they come with less similarities but assimilate at a more rapid rate, even though there are MORE immigrants.

The report says literally the opposite of what you just claimed it said. You literally eyeballed the report and decided what it said in advance.

Newly arrived immigrants of the early 21st century have assimilation index values lower than the newly arrived immigrants of the early 20th century. pbGrowth in the immigrant population usually lowers the assimilation index because newly arrived immigrants drag down the average for the group as a whole. This phenomenon can be seen between 1900 and 1920 and again in the 1980s. The stability of the assimilation index since 1990 is therefore remarkable in light of the rapid growth of the immigrant population, which doubled between 1990 and 2006.

Immigrants of the past quarter-century have assimilated more rapidly than their counterparts of a century ago, even though they are more distinct from the native population upon arrival.

:rudy:

Every time you call customer service you are confronted with evidence of people not assimilating

...well yeah, because they're in India.

the mechanic

Greasy philosophy
Daps
and the very next line of your quoted portion says...

And the portion you quoted specifically cites OPPORTUNITIES, which suggests that increasing opportunity for illegal immigrants would help assimilation, so...your point is?[/quote]
damn-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1299.gif

:pachaha: Twimmys confirmation bias took a beating there

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
No, it says that they come with less similarities but assimilate at a more rapid rate, even though there are MORE immigrants.

The report says literally the opposite of what you just claimed it said. You literally eyeballed the report and decided what it said in advance.

:rudy:

...well yeah, because they're in India.

i think you are misunderstanding what the word RATE is, the rate of assimilation and the amount of assimilation are 2 different things, the report is saying that the RATE of assimilation is higher than before but the overall AMOUNT of assimilation is lower

so if you lowered the level of immigration and the RATE remained the same, you would increase the AMOUNT of assimilation, the report doesnt make that prediction but it doesnt dispute it, it bolsters it

i think you are misreading it, the report just says what is common sense, the more immgration the less assimilation, but it does point out that because of an increased rate of assimilation the assimilation is higher then what you woudl expect, that is a side point they make

but overall there is less assimilation than before

Superstar
Daps
i think you are misunderstanding what the word RATE is, the rate of assimilation and the amount of assimilation are 2 different things, the report is saying that the RATE of assimilation is higher than before but the overall AMOUNT of assimilation is lower

...because there are more immigrants, which means we're already assimilating immigrants faster than we were. So what MORE do you want?

so if you lowered the level of immigration and the RATE remained the same, you would increase the AMOUNT of assimilation, the report doesnt make that prediction but it doesnt dispute it, it bolsters it

Zero credibility. There are already more immigrants and the rate of assimilation is higher.

That proves assimilation is not tied to the amount of immigrants.

Which further proves that less/more immigrants is not bound to how quickly we assimilated them.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
...because there are more immigrants, which means we're already assimilating immigrants faster than we were. So what MORE do you want?

an increase the amount of assimilation, the report you posted only says the RATE of assimilation increased

Zero credibility. There are already more immigrants and the rate of assimilation is higher.

That proves assimilation is not tied to the amount of immigrants.

Which further proves that less/more immigrants is not bound to how quickly we assimilated them.

the report does not say that assimilation is not tied to the amount of immigrants, that is an assertion that you are making, you will need much more than this report to prove that

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
How can the rate of assimilation be high, but the amount of assimilation be lower?

And where specifically in the report do they say that a higher amount of illegal immigrants equals slowed assimilation for legal immigrants?

hmm because rate is different than amount

just like amount of fuel is different than mpg

Superstar
Daps
an increase the amount of assimilation, the report you posted only says the RATE of assimilation increased

...which means rate is decoupled from # of immigrants.

the report does not say that assimilation is not tied to the amount of immigrants, that is an assertion that you are making, you will need much more than this report to prove that

If rate can increase independently of a rise in immigrants, the relationship has already proven to NOT be inversely proportional.

I don't need to prove a thing.