Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
1311620728168.gif

Is this supposed to mean something?

It does, but not to you friend. Stay classy.

giphy.gif

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
its predatory but furnishing an apt is expensive.

I just furnished a small 1 bedroom and spent $1500 easy with decent furniture and im not even done.

Imagine a family.

Alot of people dont have that kind of cash just laying around

They can always just go to the salvation army or something, thats what my mom did when times were tight:yeshrug:

If you can't afford it then don't buy it. Plain and simple. And if you just have to have it then go hit up one of those pallet freight auctions or a furniture auction, try craigslist or a thrift store. I fukk with auctions to buy stuff to flip it and I always see decent to nice furniture, sometimes used sometimes new. Buying anything at full price is hilarious, if you just be patient and wait you can always find a better deal.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
i agree 100% w. the bolded, but gotta disagree on the other. Just to be competitive in the job market in 2014 you gotta have a laptop. Every job I've had
since 2005 I've got by applying/sending a resume online. Local newspapers only advertise a small fraction of the employment that's out there.
If shyt is really that serious... go to the library.... or buy a used laptop.

U can get a laptop for like $200.

I think the shyt is scummy but nobody is forcing these people to buy things through these companies.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The reason the status quo continues is because people love to complain in a meaningless way, but rarely take it a step further by problem solving and almost never act on the posed course of action.

So since this is such a horrendous thing. . . come up with an alternative business model that allows a business owner to make money without squeezing every last penny from the already poor, while mitigating risk from low-income buyers. Clearly there's a gap in the market you could fill.

Or work on educating the consumer. Or work on lobbying the government to enforce stricter regulations that control usury in these situations.
yeah that's what i'm thinking, if rich people have most of the money, how do we target them enough to squeeze money out.....

With poor people it's just easier because they tend to be less educated, more trusting, and there's just more of them.
Whereas people with money "tend" to be more informed or have people within their circle "advising" them against risky investments / purchases, and there's less of them, which makes it harder to market and target..

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
If shyt is really that serious... go to the library.... or buy a used laptop.

U can get a laptop for like $200.

I think the shyt is scummy but nobody is forcing these people to buy things through these companies.
Easier said than done, these mass media outlets have people brainwashed to believe otherwise, dat peer pressure is no joke :wow:

Can't tell you how many times I've seen cats with a fresh pair of $200 J's, or :troll: 's, and $400 beats with no car :smh:

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Recognizing that you are poor and living within your means is the first step to changing your financial situation. Those "things" you desire; some are a lot more gratifying when you've earned them, others you realize you never needed them at all.

I totally understand the need for access to computers, decent/durable home furnishings and all, but most folks that frequent rent to own establishments are looking to procure items that are well above their means.

Recognizing and admitting that you're poor is a humbling experience and the only folks courageous enough to do so are people willing to take the appropriate steps to change their situations.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
yeah that's what i'm thinking, if rich people have most of the money, how do we target them enough to squeeze money out.....

With poor people it's just easier because they tend to be less educated, more trusting, and there's just more of them.
Whereas people with money "tend" to be more informed or have people within their circle "advising" them against risky investments / purchases, and there's less of them, which makes it harder to market and target..

There is less of them so you gotta function like niche market to get their business. There is a reason why Lambo and Rolex do little to no mass marketing, they function of a niche type segment.

While the advising thing may be true, it isn't the only factor for purchasing pattern.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Easier said than done, these mass media outlets have people brainwashed to believe otherwise, dat peer pressure is no joke :wow:

Can't tell you how many times I've seen cats with a fresh pair of $200 J's, or :troll: 's, and $400 beats with no car :smh:

All of them are depreciating assets actually. The car just has a much better resale value after use (percentage wise).

One of the main reason why I stopped investing in daily wear for clothing. It all turns into a $10 dollar check by a 2nd hand store =I

Suits and clothes for work are another thing thou, that's an effective marketing investment. Like I said, financial illiteracy is a bytch. It crazy how investing $3000 into an Index of mutual fund is so tax beneficial. It lowers your tax bracket plus if YOU LOSE MONEY THAT YEAR YOU GET A FREAKIN TAX REFUND. You can't get a tax refund on some jays or even a new car :deadmanny:

The game is fukking twisted and it only service the higher end of America.

Last edited: