In America, Why the Poor Pay $4,158 For a $1,500 ‘Rent-to-Own’ Sofa

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
That monthly payment can easily turn into a weekly payment or even a bi-weekly payment by simply putting it on layaway. At least it's paid for and no 100% interest mark up:yeshrug:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Those places are foul, but it's little different than stuffing things on your credit card. What do you think those 20% interest rates that people pay the minimum on will do?

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
They were perpetually behind with their Buddy’s installments and had taken to skipping one week and then catching up, with a $5 late fee rolled in. To make matters worse, those payment trips to Buddy’s put them eye to eye with more temptations. One week, they added a smartphone to their order. Another week, some Samsung speakers. And suddenly, the weekly payments to Buddy’s were $110.

ninth-grade education.

:snoop:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Rent-A-Center is one of the worst sht ever created. People get fooled by that small payment/week sht and end up paying 3-4 times what the product actually cost.

I use to work at rent a center and most people don't know this but once you pay a certain amount over the value of an item you can just stop paying and rent a center can't do shyt. Especially if it's an item they've rented multiple times.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

shyt, by the 6th grade, I already learned the basics of interest rates and how it cripples people financially. Even with a ninth grade education, it is pitiful how people got ripped off. :heh: