In Defense of Black Republicans

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:stopitslime:
so in spite of the fact that the GOP has all but flat out stated they are a racist entity at the core, one who's actions have consistently and blatantly attempted to hold down "the black man" in america; you find fault in anyone telling a black republican he's sold out? I know it's a free country but that doesn't mean they haven't sold out.

Any and everything the GOP stands for doesn't represent ANYTHING the "black man" (re: minorities) stand for.

Your stance just does not compute nor does the article you posted.

If i see someone making a mistake I try to warn them. If i see someone trying to take advantage of people i try to warn the people and stop the person who's taking advantage. That's all this boils down to.

Most people view black GOP members as either:
1. Dumb as a rock
2. Crooked and self serving.

Either way they deserve the scrutiny they receive.

let me break it down why i wouldn't call a black republican a sell out

1) intellectual freedom as stated in the article, that kinda trumps everything IMO, just like any other freedom like freedom of speech, the reason to have it is not because people will do things the right way, its that you do not know what you are shutting down and it will lead to intellectual stagnation

its a pretty well proven principle in my view that if you have an open environment it creates a lot of static and garbage but it also creates a lot of new useful ideas

so even if somebody is a sellout they may have some good ideas that are very useful

2) im not a liberal, i would say im center right, so im not impressed nor do i cosign progressive politics as the means of achieving economic political progress

right now there is a thread in HL about the "prison industrial complex" and how its akin to slavery

but yet when i asked why are people supporting biden who as head of the judiciary committee since the 80s is the architect of the prison industrial complex, motherfukers didnt have an answer

i posted the links

Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joe Biden's Awful Record on Drug Policy | StoptheDrugWar.org

he even got together with strom thurmond Biden-Thurmond Violent Crime Control Act of 1991 (1991; 102nd Congress S. 1241) - GovTrack.us

he called obama the first articulate black candidate Bush Echoes Biden: Obama Is 'An Attractive Guy, He's Articulate' | ThinkProgress

and after creating a system that people are saying is like slavery he actual has the gall to say that if you dont vote for him republicans will put you back in chains Biden to crowd: Romney will 'put you all back in chains'

so im asking a simple question, how is biden not a "cac"? how do you guys rationalize supporting the architect of the prison industrial complex?

so biden gets together with strom thurmond to write a law to put more negroes in jail and thats all good, but tim scott, a black man, defeats strom thurmonds son and gets together with demint to take over strom thurmonds seat, and im suppose to have beef with tim scott?

really?

this whole entire country was built with the intent of oppressing black people, why are any of you fukers here?

yall do not impress me, unless you are on some kill the cracker type ish, at the end of the day you are making compromises and accommodations with white racists like anybody else

3) as i already said, its completely rational to have a defensive strategy that says we will support the least racist politicians or party, but that is simply one way of analyzing things

im rejecting the premise that a defensive strategy is the only rational strategy

i do not agree that black people should have a defensive strategy, i think we should have an offensive strategy whose goal is to dominate, so its not really part of my strategy to go around calling people sellouts or go around looking for some "good white folk", if that is your or other people's strategy thats just yall

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
A voucher program would have to include ALL students not just black students. Unless you are advocating a "money for black schools bill" any solution will include all students not just black kids. And the schools wouldn't be "independent" if they rely on goverment money.

You say affirmative action and section 8 are bad ideas yet you advocate a mixture of the two when it comes to our children's education.:mindblown:

well a voucher would have to include all the students in a particular district, so that means in majority black districts you can have a voucher but if other people in other districts like their public schools then they can keep their public system, so no it doesnt have to include everybody, just people that want to do it in a particular school district

there is no extra money involved, you are simply taking the money that goes to the school system and giving vouchers to the parents

I never said some black students don't lag. I said that it was only SOME black students who do, SOME do just fine. You said black culture was anti-academic, the fact that most of our children get an education disproves your point.

And the lagging is more a product of starting out lower than other students than it is black students incompetence.

i said black students are lagging, thats all i said, im glad you agree

you posted some bogus statistics to challenge my statement that black students are lagging, but your stats actually proved that black people are lagging

you can explain it however you want, but my statement was correct, black students are lagging

You don't even understand your own proposal. If all private schools became publicly funded, then what does that make them?

i think you are a little bit confused about terms,the term "public" has a specific meaning, it means its owned or ran by the government

if the government gives an organization money to do something that would make the organization a contractor and that would make it a private entity, it would not make it a public entity

in a voucher system the schools receiving money cannot be considered public simply because they receive money from the government, that doesnt fit the definition of public

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said settling for survival is a slave mentality. Taking low wage jobs suitable for immigrants is settling for survival, so by your logic that must mean people who get those jobs have a slave mentality.

but again i have never described low wage jobs as survival, i dont know where you are getting that from, i have described low wage jobs as resume builders and for young people out of HS its the foundation of a good career and illegal immigration hurts the chances of young black people and older black people with low education to get jobs

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
well a voucher would have to include all the students in a particular district, so that means in majority black districts you can have a voucher but if other people in other districts like their public schools then they can keep their public system, so no it doesnt have to include everybody, just people that want to do it in a particular school district

there is no extra money involved, you are simply taking the money that goes to the school system and giving vouchers to the parents
Everytime someone disputes one of your flawed ideas/assertions you change your story. You said we should do away with ALL public schools now your saying that vouchers should only be offered to those kids/districts that want them. This is the same as the voucher program put in place by bush that has been proven to be ineffective.

i said black students are lagging, thats all i said, im glad you agree

you posted some bogus statistics to challenge my statement that black students are lagging, but your stats actually proved that black people are lagging

you can explain it however you want, but my statement was correct, black students are lagging
:usure: changing your story again huh. You said this
the fundamental thing black face is an anti academic culture, so until we deal with culture we aint going anywhere
I disputed that by showing that most black folks do become educated so your notion that black culture is anti-academic is totaly incorrect.

i think you are a little bit confused about terms,the term "public" has a specific meaning, it means its owned or ran by the government

if the government gives an organization money to do something that would make the organization a contractor and that would make it a private entity, it would not make it a public entity

in a voucher system the schools receiving money cannot be considered public simply because they receive money from the government, that doesnt fit the definition of public
I'm not confused. First you said ALL students/Schools should be on a voucher program, now your changing your story. If all of a school's funding is coming from the goverment then they would be in effect a public institution. The reason public schools fail now is because they are more concerned with securing goverment funds than actually teaching kids, if most or all of a private schools funds came from the goverment they would be subject to the same pitfalls.

If you are advocating vouchers for only SOME students/schools then that program is already in place now and not working at all

but again i have never described low wage jobs as survival, i dont know where you are getting that from, i have described low wage jobs as resume builders and for young people out of HS its the foundation of a good career and illegal immigration hurts the chances of young black people and older black people with low education to get jobs

You didn't describe it as survival, but it is. That's exactly why the immigrants take the jobs, because they are just trying to survive. We shouldn't be competing for those jobs if we are trying to do more than survive.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Everytime someone disputes one of your flawed ideas/assertions you change your story. You said we should do away with ALL public schools now your saying that vouchers should only be offered to those kids/districts that want them. This is the same as the voucher program put in place by bush that has been proven to be ineffective.

yeah i said everybody should switch to vouchers, that is my opinion, but if some people dont want and they have a different opinion then they shouldn't, that's simply a caveat because we live in a democracy, its not a contradiction,

i think you are confused again, you asked me how vouchers were specific to black people, that is how they are specific to black people, if a majority black district wants to do vouchers they can do it, it has nothing to do with any other people

if its a majority non black i have no comment on that, if they want to keep their schools as it is, thats on them, but vouchers are a solution for black people IMO

there has never been a real voucher program in the us, there have been some experiments where some students get vouchers but thats about it,

and there is one in NO right now

The New Orleans School Voucher Program - Video Dailymotion

but lets not forget the big picture, is promoting voucher and charter school racist or anti black? that is the real question

vouchers and charters are an example of where black people and progressives are not seeing eye to eye and black people end up siding with republicans

changing your story again huh. You said this

what story am i changing, i said black students are lagging, you said they arent and posted some bogus stats

im just repeating by initial assertion, im not taking back anything ive said

I disputed that by showing that most black folks do become educated so your notion that black culture is anti-academic is totaly incorrect.

yeah you stated your opinion and i stated my opinion....and?

I'm not confused. First you said ALL students/Schools should be on a voucher program, now your changing your story. If all of a school's funding is coming from the goverment then they would be in effect a public institution. The reason public schools fail now is because they are more concerned with securing goverment funds than actually teaching kids, if most or all of a private schools funds came from the goverment they would be subject to the same pitfalls.

If you are advocating vouchers for only SOME students/schools then that program is already in place now and not working at all

i dont see what i am changing, now you are starting to dispute the dictionary, if an organization receives money from the government it is not public, its simply a contractor, look it up in the dictionary

its just like a defense contractor, they get all their money from the government but they are not part of the government, the government doesnt control what happens inside the company

just because a school gets a voucher doesnt mean its a public school, its only a public school if the government owns the building and the government decides who gets hired and fired

and yeah i said all students should be under vouchers....and?

You didn't describe it as survival, but it is. That's exactly why the immigrants take the jobs, because they are just trying to survive. We shouldn't be competing for those jobs if we are trying to do more than survive.

i never said low wage jobs are about survival, my description of low wage jobs are that they are the foundation of a career, that is why they are important

if you think those jobs are about survival thats you, dont put words in my mouth

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
good vid about black sellouts joining with republicans to promote vouchers and charter schools

Last edited by a moderator:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
yeah i said everybody should switch to vouchers, that is my opinion, but if some people dont want and they have a different opinion then they shouldn't, that's simply a caveat because we live in a democracy, its not a contradiction,

i think you are confused again, you asked me how vouchers were specific to black people, that is how they are specific to black people, if a majority black district wants to do vouchers they can do it, it has nothing to do with any other people

if its a majority non black i have no comment on that, if they want to keep their schools as it is, thats on them, but vouchers are a solution for black people IMO

there has never been a real voucher program in the us, there have been some experiments where some students get vouchers but thats about it,

and there is one in NO right now

The New Orleans School Voucher Program - Video Dailymotion

but lets not forget the big picture, is promoting voucher and charter school racist or anti black? that is the real question

vouchers and charters are an example of where black people and progressives are not seeing eye to eye and back people end up siding with republicans

what story am i changing, i said black students are lagging, you said they arent and posted some bogus stats

im just repeating by initial assertion, im taking back anything ive said

yeah you stated your opinion and i stated my opinion....and?

i dont see what i am changing, now you are starting to dispute the dictionary, if an organization receives money from the government it is not public, its simply a contractor, look it up in the dictionary

its just like a defense contractor, they get all their money from the government but they are not part of the government, the government doesnt control what happens inside the company

just because a school gets a voucher doesnt mean its a public school, its only a public school if the government owns the building and the government decides who gets hired and fired

and yeah i said all students should be under vouchers....and?

i never said low wage jobs are about survival, my description of low wage jobs are that they are the foundation of a career, that is why they are important

if you think those jobs are about survival thats you, dont put words in my mouth

:snoop: ok bruh you win, there is no point in continuing if you are not gone to have an honest conversation.

We should split up out vote, support the GOP, and advocate the Bush no child left behind plan.:pachaha:

I'll make sure i tell all my peeps the new plan.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:snoop: ok bruh you win, there is no point in continuing if you are not gone to have an honest conversation.

We should split up out vote, support the GOP, and advocate the Bush no child left behind plan.:pachaha:

I'll make sure i tell all my peeps the new plan.

you should do whatever fuk you want to, im not trying to tell you what to do, im just saying there are other ways of looking at things aside from simply voting for the least racist people

second of all black students are lagging, and imo we as black people need to do something about it, and we have to be open to all solutions from all ideologies

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
its not directly related but i just remembered about this book i read a while book, its a good read [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Black-White-House-Frederic-Morrow/dp/B000OON8F6/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0"]Black Man in the White House: E. Frederic Morrow: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

was this guy a sellout?

for that matter were the tuskegee airmen also sellouts? fighting and dying for an organization that hated them

in the early 1900's the only party that said anything about equality was the communist party and rationally a lot of black people aligned themselves with the communist party, but was communism the only rational ideology for black people?

i would say nay to all those questions, i would say for black people its better to keep a hand in every pot