In Defense of Black Republicans

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I respect fiscally conservative and libertarian blacks, and also blacks who hold traditional values. But I can't respect someone black who aligns himself with a party that says this:

:snoop:

Last edited by a moderator:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I respect fiscally conservative and libertarian blacks, and also blacks who hold traditional values. But I can't respect someone black who aligns himself with a party that says this:

Exclusive: Lee Atwater's Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy - YouTube

:snoop:

it just depends on how you look at your position and what your purpose is and what we as black people are trying to do, if you think like a runaway slave and you simply think in terms of survival, then i can see what you are saying

but i would assert that we as black need to stop looking at things as simply survival, our goal is to take over this country and dominate

so if you are looking at ways to dominate america, you cant do it without the gop, my ideology is black domination, so we need to take over the gop and the democrats, lee atwater is simply a data point, it doesnt stop the overall master plan

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This goofball really thinks three folks who killed JFK are gonna let a black man take over their party

The GOP is the lady basin of white power in politics, you have to be a real idiot to think they will let it be handed over to their sworn enemy

This dude is even dinner than I first estimated

Sent from handheld Minority Report console

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I know bof parties have their flaws but it's really hard for me to respect let alone take seriously a person of color who is apart of a party dat blatantly shyts on minorities and their social/economical issues. :beli:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I know bof parties have their flaws but it's really hard for me to respect let alone take seriously a person of color who is apart of a party dat blatantly shyts on minorities and their social/economical issues. :beli:
i think black people should do whatever the hell they wanna do

its time for us to exercise our intellectual freedom and expand our power... we need to join the KKK and take over it. there is no way for us to be on top without being involved in every aspect of American power. that is the only way for us to succeed.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i acknowledged that you can look at black problems as simply part of a larger america problem, i didn't say it was wrong to do that, if you chose to do that thats fine
yes but you still haven't explained how we can address the problem only for black people.

education is not a black specific problem, but if we as black people are going to have a conversation about education, then we should focus on black education, for the most part black kids go to majority black school so i think we should just talk about black schools even if some of the problems overlap with other ethnic groups
We can just "talk" about black schools (which aren't that common, most schools are mixed) but when it comes time to actually do something. What can we propose that would affect only black children?

like i said before, how you choose to talk about it is a matter of choice, it s not something that is written in stone
Agreed

i dont know where you are getting your stats from, but like i said black academic performance lags other ethnic groups

Rethinking high school graduation rates and trends | Economic Policy Institute
Estimates of the black rate of graduation from high school with a regular diploma range between 69% and 75%, with the NELS showing a 74% graduation rate. This is substantially higher than the frequently alleged 50% rate for blacks, reported from the school-based enrollment/diploma data. Moreover, the NELS data suggest that the alleged 50% dropout rate is double the actual dropout rate for blacks. In fact, the dropout rate for blacks is closer to 25% and roughly half of those obtain a GED, which allows entry into post-secondary education, the military, and other second-chance systems.
The numbers vary I've seen them as high as 88% when GED's and other diplomas are considered. None of the numbers prove that black culture is anti-academic, which is what your trying to say. Yes SOME black students lag behind white and Asian students for a multitude of reasons, but none of them have anything to do with slavery or black culture.

as far as vouchers and charters, what i said is that we should eliminate the public school system, and replace it wiht vouchers and charter schools, so i dont know what you mean by people left behind, there is no behind to leave them in and no i dont agree in putting more money into a broken down ineffective bureaucracy
If all students got vouchers, that would essentially turn all schools into public schools and they would be subject to the same ineffective bureaucracy.

i dont know how is it a contradication in saying black people should focus on academics and making sure black people have access to low wage jobs? why cant we do both?
It's a contradiction to complain about both. Taking those jobs is "just trying to survive" or "slave mentality" as you would put it. If we should be striving to be better, why complain about the jobs we should be leaving behind?

what legalizing would do is create a new wave of illegals, educated black people and educated people in general would not get hurt by it, the people that ar working those jobs now are people taking jobs from americans and its the people with no diploma black or white that would get hurt by a new influx of illegals and amnesty to illegals

No it wouldn't. They are not trying to make citizenship easier. They are trying to allow those that are already here a path to citizenship and accountability. As opposed to living illegally and taking jobs and resources from American citizens. And as I said above this point shouldn't even matter if black people are to be looking forward to prosperity.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it just depends on how you look at your position and what your purpose is and what we as black people are trying to do, if you think like a runaway slave and you simply think in terms of survival, then i can see what you are saying

but i would assert that we as black need to stop looking at things as simply survival, our goal is to take over this country and dominate

so if you are looking at ways to dominate america, you cant do it without the gop, my ideology is black domination, so we need to take over the gop and the democrats, lee atwater is simply a data point, it doesnt stop the overall master plan
:wtb: please explain how splitting our vote up and some of us voting for the Republican Party will allow us to "take over the GOP"

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
i think black people should do whatever the hell they wanna do

its time for us to exercise our intellectual freedom and expand our power... we need to join the KKK and take over it. there is no way for us to be on top without being involved in every aspect of American power. that is the only way for us to succeed.

:laugh: okay, good luck wit alladat breh.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
that wasnt my point to tell anybody how to vote, but the obvious reason why a black person to vote for the gop is that you believe in conservative ideology and consider government programs to be a hindrance to black people
:stopitslime:
so in spite of the fact that the GOP has all but flat out stated they are a racist entity at the core, one who's actions have consistently and blatantly attempted to hold down "the black man" in america; you find fault in anyone telling a black republican he's sold out? I know it's a free country but that doesn't mean they haven't sold out.

Any and everything the GOP stands for doesn't represent ANYTHING the "black man" (re: minorities) stand for.

Your stance just does not compute nor does the article you posted.

If i see someone making a mistake I try to warn them. If i see someone trying to take advantage of people i try to warn the people and stop the person who's taking advantage. That's all this boils down to.

Most people view black GOP members as either:
1. Dumb as a rock
2. Crooked and self serving.

Either way they deserve the scrutiny they receive.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus

i'm putting the following into two visual aids to help you better pinpoint exactly what you have done here son.

3812764438_180_jumping_the_shark_xlarge.png

6fabcbd4e236968b0704509acefb6d56.gif

I really can't tell if you're trolling or if you think you're going to take over a party that has had 3 black senators in its ranks since the inception of the party AND has historically tried to keep you in shackles. I'm not even going to mention the fact that the GOP had what... less than 4% of the black vote this last election.

I'm not sure what map you're using but I'm 100% sure the "road to domination" does not pass through the GOP.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
yes but you still haven't explained how we can address the problem only for black people.

because vouchers will make i easier for black people to form their own independent schools

We can just "talk" about black schools (which aren't that common, most schools are mixed) but when it comes time to actually do something. What can we propose that would affect only black children?

again, opening up independent black schools

Rethinking high school graduation rates and trends | Economic Policy Institute
Quote:
Estimates of the black rate of graduation from high school with a regular diploma range between 69% and 75%, with the NELS showing a 74% graduation rate. This is substantially higher than the frequently alleged 50% rate for blacks, reported from the school-based enrollment/diploma data. Moreover, the NELS data suggest that the alleged 50% dropout rate is double the actual dropout rate for blacks. In fact, the dropout rate for blacks is closer to 25% and roughly half of those obtain a GED, which allows entry into post-secondary education, the military, and other second-chance systems.
The numbers vary I've seen them as high as 88% when GED's and other diplomas are considered. None of the numbers prove that black culture is anti-academic, which is what your trying to say. Yes SOME black students lag behind white and Asian students for a multitude of reasons, but none of them have anything to do with slavery or black culture.

when it comes to grades and test scores black students lag

graduation rate is not the only thing that matters in academics anyways but sure you can get 88% if you add GED and other things, but when you get a GED you are lagging by definition, so your number of 88% is slightly bogus, and even 69% or 74% means black students are lagging, because other ethnic groups have a 80 to 90% graduation rate, so even using your stats it shows that black students are lagging

If all students got vouchers, that would essentially turn all schools into public schools and they would be subject to the same ineffective bureaucracy.

i dont know what this means, if everybody got vouchers it would turn the whole system into private schools

"public" means its owned by the government, so if you pay money or a voucher to a private business for education you are obviously not dealing with a public school you are dealing with a private school

It's a contradiction to complain about both. Taking those jobs is "just trying to survive" or "slave mentality" as you would put it. If we should be striving to be better, why complain about the jobs we should be leaving behind?

bruh, dont put words in my mouth, i find it highly irritating, i never said taking a low wage job is a slave mentality

i have never said anything against low wage jobs, low wage jobs are important because they help build your resume and whats happening now in a lot of cities for example is that adult immigrants both legal and illegal are taking low wage jobs at fast food and retail places and are squeezing out american high school students with no experience, and that is breaking the normal resume building and work experience process for a lot of young people

so low wage jobs are very important especially for young black people but black people in general who tend to have a lower education than other groups or lack a real resume and work experience

so IMO amnesty is not a priority for black people

No it wouldn't. They are not trying to make citizenship easier. They are trying to allow those that are already here a path to citizenship and accountability. As opposed to living illegally and taking jobs and resources from American citizens. And as I said above this point shouldn't even matter if black people are to be looking forward to prosperity.

yes it will cause an increase, your argument is what led to amnesty for 3 million people in the 80s, amnesty did not solve the problem of illegals it actually made it worse, now we have 11 million people

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
because vouchers will make i easier for black people to form their own independent schools
again, opening up independent black schools
A voucher program would have to include ALL students not just black students. Unless you are advocating a "money for black schools bill" any solution will include all students not just black kids. And the schools wouldn't be "independent" if they rely on goverment money.

You say affirmative action and section 8 are bad ideas yet you advocate a mixture of the two when it comes to our children's education.:mindblown:

when it comes to grades and test scores black students lag

graduation rate is not the only thing that matters in academics anyways but sure you can get 88% if you add GED and other things, but when you get a GED you are lagging by definition, so your number of 88% is slightly bogus, and even 69% or 74% means black students are lagging, because other ethnic groups have a 80 to 90% graduation rate, so even using your stats it shows that black students are lagging
I never said some black students don't lag. I said that it was only SOME black students who do, SOME do just fine. You said black culture was anti-academic, the fact that most of our children get an education disproves your point.

And the lagging is more a product of starting out lower than other students than it is black students incompetence.

i dont know what this means, if everybody got vouchers it would turn the whole system into private schools

"public" means its owned by the government, so if you pay money or a voucher to a private business for education you are obviously not dealing with a public school you are dealing with a private school
You don't even understand your own proposal. If all private schools became publicly funded, then what does that make them?

bruh, dont put words in my mouth, i find it highly irritating, i never said taking a low wage job is a slave mentality
I didn't put words in your mouth. You said settling for survival is a slave mentality. Taking low wage jobs suitable for immigrants is settling for survival, so by your logic that must mean people who get those jobs have a slave mentality.

i have never said anything against low wage jobs, low wage jobs are important because they help build your resume and whats happening now in a lot of cities for example is that adult immigrants both legal and illegal are taking low wage jobs at fast food and retail places and are squeezing out american high school students with no experience, and that is breaking the normal resume building and work experience process for a lot of young people

so low wage jobs are very important especially for young black people but black people in general who tend to have a lower education than other groups or lack a real resume and work experience

so IMO amnesty is not a priority for black people

yes it will cause an increase, your argument is what led to amnesty for 3 million people in the 80s, amnesty did not solve the problem of illegals it actually made it worse, now we have 11 million people

Studies on this issue are all over the place. As of right now this issue is all a matter of opinion. I won't argue opinion with you:manny: