In the future, do y’all think black people are gonna abandon hip hop like rock and country?

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
I don’t mean as in stop making it, or stop listening ( at least to the degree of now).

But as in it being such a big part of our culture.

People say it’s ours and deeply rooted in our culture. But so were rock and roll, country, bluegrass, and pop :yeshrug:

And white people are getting more integrated into it very quickly now. So looking at history in about 10 years we won’t even be fukkin with it like that anymore frfr

Like Jimi an icon in music and in pop culture but I genuinely don’t see black folk fukkin with him like that. Are Drake ‘nem gonna see the same fate?

Like Darius Rucker country icon and gets love in that world crazy but how many black folks are fukkin with him like THAT frfr?

Last edited:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:wow: Get on my level. I'm in 2080, while the average Coli breh is stuck in 98 like a old geezer yelling at farts:

During my space travels, I was bumping shyt from Saturn, and it's basically clipping of old foreign commercials with a Chopped and Screwed treatment.

Came back to Earth and heads still listening to whiny ass autotune drugged out humans and rappers that delete their songs on some "sike sorry" shyt :camby:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I don’t mean as in stop making it, or stop listening ( at least to the degree of now).

But as in it being such a big part of our culture.

I could see rock and/or alt-rock getting bigger. But with social media hitting a critical mass there's a feedback loop with hip hop. Hip hop isn't just music, it's also memes and videos and huge moments like the rap war going on now.

So I don't think it'll go anywhere