In the last 365 days, I've only missed two weeks of work...

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
:francis:

And in the last 7 months, I've called out only twice.. I can't believe this is life for the majority of us. Giving all our time and effort to these white companies, breaking my fukking back working 45 hours a week. It's not natural. I'm 31 in school trying desperately to wrap this degree up so I can get tf outta here. My saving grace? I'm majoring in fukking secondary education to be a teacher :deadrose:

I'm leaving this shyt to go deal with bad ass inner city kids. I feel like I'm in a lose lose situation but I know these black kids need black men in the school so I hope that shyt will bring me the solace I seek. I want feel like I'm making a difference in the world no matter how small.

Welp my 30 minute break is up. Back to work I go. See yall at 2pm.

:unimpressed:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I actually called off yesterday. Had to go to st louis.

I dont even think i needed to because the night before, i requested a personal day on the computer at work. I just called to cover all bases.

I'm actually taking a vacation day next friday. Will still have 15 remaining for the rest of the year

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I was the same way when I worked at the USPS. Out of 6 + years, I only called in twice. Once because of crazy snow + ice storm (blew out my moms transmission, shyt was nutty); and another because of food poisoning (fukk Wendys!)... Never missed any other days or NCNS or none of that. Never took vacation other than the mandatory jawns (as a PSE they make take a 5 day vacay every year. They pay you for annual you dont use as well, I got paid in full everytime because I never used it)

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
:francis:

And in the last 7 months, I've called out only twice.. I can't believe this is life for the majority of us. Giving all our time and effort to these white companies, breaking my fukking back working 45 hours a week. It's not natural. I'm 31 in school trying desperately to wrap this degree up so I can get tf outta here. My saving grace? I'm majoring in fukking secondary education to be a teacher :deadrose:

I'm leaving this shyt to go deal with bad ass inner city kids. I feel like I'm in a lose lose situation but I know these black kids need black men in the school so I hope that shyt will bring me the solace I seek. I want feel like I'm making a difference in the world no matter how small.

Welp my 30 minute break is up. Back to work I go. See yall at 2pm.

:unimpressed:

I was typing out some teaching advice for you but I didn't want to add a big wall of text to this thread. Look out for a DM from me either later today or tomorrow. If you don't see one from me by tomorrow evening, just shoot me a DM to remind me as I'm in the middle of some home remodeling so I'm all over the place these days.

I love giving career advice to young teachers because God knows we all need it at the infancy of our teaching careers but is far too often not readily available. Also as Black men, we face challenges in the teaching world that are profoundly unique to us so if I can pass on even one iota of knowledge that can pave a smoother road for you in that aspect of your life, I'm always more than happy to do so.

And it'll be worth the read because Imma send you some gems. Trust me :myman:

jesc07

Pro
Daps
I feel ya. I usually don't ever take time off. I don't mind it though cause things could be worse like being jobless.

Make sure everything outside of work is gucci so you don't stress about your job as much.