Increase run endurance

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I go to basic training on Sept 4 and I'm still struggling with the running. Any tips to improve on stamina and speed. The requirement for the 1.5 mile run is 14 minutes in my age bracket.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do it more often and eat healthy while drinking lots of water daily. After a month you should see a significant improvement since your lungs will have opened up by then
It seems like I start to lose breath when I hit 3/4 of a mile.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bluf run but do various distances up to 2 miles and as low as 400 meter sprints do interval training just do variations...Also don’t forget your pushups/pullups/sit-ups/crunches and dips calisthenics.

The military will get you into shape just try your best and most importantly maintain and continue to improve on the level of fitness you gain in basic.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bluf run but do various distances up to 2 miles and as low as 400 meter sprints do interval training just do variations...Also don’t forget your pushups/pullups/sit-ups/crunches and dips calisthenics.

The military will get you into shape just try your best and most importantly maintain and continue to improve on the level of fitness you gain in basic.
Thanks breh

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Train by running 1/4 mike intervals.

Run at your desired pace for a quarter mile, then slow down for the next quarter. When you slow down attempt to lengthen your stride. Do this for two miles twice a week.

You’ll be good.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Train by running 1/4 mike intervals.

Run at your desired pace for a quarter mile, then slow down for the next quarter. When you slow down attempt to lengthen your stride. Do this for two miles twice a week.

You’ll be good.
Thanks. Is it normal for beginners to have pain in the chest. I get a sharp pain in the chest but it goes away after a couple of minutes.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Thanks. Is it normal for beginners to have pain in the chest. I get a sharp pain in the chest but it goes away after a couple of minutes.
If you can , get checked out by a doctor to be sure. The least you can do is get your blood pressure checked , you can do that at any CVS

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can , get checked out by a doctor to be sure. The least you can do is get your blood pressure checked , you can do that at any CVS
I don't want to tell my recruiter I went to the doctor to get a check up a week before basic. I'll have to go through paperwork hell again.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't want to tell my recruiter I went to the doctor to get a check up a week before basic. I'll have to go through paperwork hell again.

don't tell the recruiter anything. What mos/rate/afsc do you have