injustice gods among us is FUN BUT...

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its nothing more then one big SPAM fest.

you say "but but you must not know combos"

NO, i'm talking about the combos.

think about it.

you're spamming the combos too.

you're spamming ranging
you're spamming rushdowns.

its spam after spam

the reason thats the case is because what i said in that original thread.

you have unlimited super powers that need to get less and less the more you use it. and grow back slowly.

you need to get fatigued as the match goes on. noticeably so. the more you rush people down, the more tired you should become.

the more combos you put on. the more tired you should become no matter how much damage you have given your opponent. combos shoudl tired you out. especially multi layered combos. if this happened. the game would then be REAL FIGHTING vs just another spam fighting game playing dress up.

where the only strategy is when are you going to induce the combo.

but because most of the fighting community is so use to a giant spam fest going all the way back to street fighter 1(yes it goes that far back). we will never see a mortal kombat TYPE of game with specials, supers, etc, crazy characters with crazy skills, weaponry but also more realistic fighting.

some will say but but this is a comic scenario with DC. SO, are you saying flash runs circles around superman forever in the comic or the cartoon? NO. he gets tired too. So youre saying sup just flies around forever, he can shoot his heat vision forever non stop? NO, how about that breath? NO.

so you're saying death stroke has unlimited bullets in the comic/cartoon? NO.

especially when its super hero vs super hero. they should tire each other out.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stop it, did i say i was losing? NO. if you just go to king of the hill matches and watch the top tier guys go toe to toe. its the same thing over and over. spam combos, spam ranging, spam rush down. over and over and over.

very seldom do you see two guys that can FIGHT, while incorporating combos, rushdowns, ranging in their fights.

its all are non. all combos, all rushdowns, or all ranging, but not actual fighting.

its basically who hit the combos first. then its on you if you want to burn meter and play a game of pick a meter to win a clash to stop the combo.

then its back to combo city, rush downs, ranging

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you just name every fighting game in existance

pretty much, thats why they get old quick.

cause its a spam fest of combo city and range, rush down city. there is little actual fighting technique strategy. but if it did have that in the game like i said. these fighting games would be even bigger then they have been and stay relevant for much longer.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like whining from someone who has like 1,345,600 loses and zero wins

I'm a noob at this game who is like 5 and 8 online and I'm not complaining
and i've probably beat you with darn near a perfect 1st healthbar. but that doesnt change the facts i stated in the original post. i'm not complaining because i'm not winning. i still like the game.. but i can see it getting old real quick because of this.

and i can see how much more fun it would be if they implemented the stuff i said.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I won't even Lie, I'm not Great at this Game but I still Love to Play it because of the Characters. I haven't Played ANY of the Latest Games for Mortal Kombat and Copped this Game on the 1st Week it came out without Hesitation.:manny:

The Story wasn't all that Hot or even Long but I still Played this Game.:ahh:
I like getting the DLC Characters and just Scrapping in 1 on 1 Battles and enjoy the new Skins.

It's yet to be thrown in The Bushes by me.:manny:

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
First,We have a thread you could just posted there this was not necessary:beli:
Second sounds to me you're just garbage at the game and are butt hurt because you're getting raped online
:mjpls:

You can counter any character with any character it's up to you how you maximize them. There's a reason why there's is a practice mode that displays hit spots so you know the damage it causes and give you an idea which to chain:ufdup:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
your use of the term "spam" in this context is completely off. Doing one move non stop throughout the match is spam, doing one or two combos based on damage and/or positioning is just playing smart. So what if I know 100 combos, I'm gonna do the ones that output the most damage more often than not because I want to win

why even bring this up when your "advice" to me (like I needed it :heh:) in the other thread was
spam arrow shooter

spam distance grab with raven. "darkness take you"

you might as well use deathstroke with the obvious gun spam.

:mindblown: i dont spam shyt bro.

you obviously dont have a clue if thats your strategy

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
your use of the term "spam" in this context is completely off. Doing one move non stop throughout the match is spam, doing one or two combos based on damage and/or positioning is just playing smart. So what if I know 100 combos, I'm gonna do the ones that output the most damage more often than not because I want to win

why even bring this up when your "advice" to me (like I needed it :heh:) in the other thread was

you obviously dont have a clue if thats your strategy
we're not in THE OTHER THREAD we're in this THREAD.

and again the manner in which the combos are done. once everyone remembers the buttons to press. its who hits it first, and who breaks it with a clash then you go into the gamble state.

i mean its not that people know how to FIGHT with these characters. the truth is its almost 2014. why are combos the exact same as they have always been with these games?
a true fighting game combo should not be a bunch of button presses as they are describbed. xxx, bb, UP + Y.
what it should be is you yourself create your own combinations by using kicks, punches, weapons, meter burn/special powers.
ON YOUR OWN. not you hitting a bunch of buttons with the right timing and a combo sequence starts.

its like putting in a combination on your computer, then you sit back and watch a sequence occur. thats the old way games were done. what happened to having more control? you're not controlling that combo. you're hitting the combo buttons and producing the same combos over and over. there are only so many that you can do and string together. the truth is, in a fight even a super fight. you should be able to string any combos you want by utilizing the stuff i stated above. not some predetermined combo sequence that starts the sequencing video of you.

the only reason yall are disagreeing is because you guys LIKE it this way cause this is the only way you have ever played these types of games. you're okay with same use of sequenced combos cause you know if you memorize the combos better then the next guy...you will win the match.

thats not fighting. fighting is actually kicking, punching, using weapons/powers with each button press. you then have to press the buttons yourself for each hand movement to occur, each leg kick to occur.

you want to do bat girls slice move. forget that away and forward then A(xbox 360). you should have to hit the button that corresponds with her hand that has the slicer on it, and you have to keep hitting it quickly to perform that move. yes this would kill your fingers, arms. and thats the point. YOu will also be fatigued. TO fatigued to keep doing a bunch of combos. which is realistic, even in the world o comics. now you have to be REALLLLy strategic when you decide to use a combo or a range, etc.

this would produce all sorts of different combos because it would be you controlling it not a sequence after you hit a couple of buttons.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps

and again the manner in which the combos are done. once everyone remembers the buttons to press. its who hits it first, and who breaks it with a clash then you go into the gamble state.

i mean its not that people know how to FIGHT with these characters. the truth is its almost 2014. why are combos the exact same as they have always been with these games?
a true fighting game combo should not be a bunch of button presses as they are describbed. xxx, bb, UP + Y.
what it should be is you yourself create your own combinations by using kicks, punches, weapons, meter burn/special powers.
ON YOUR OWN. not you hitting a bunch of buttons with the right timing and a combo sequence starts.

its like putting in a combination on your computer, then you sit back and watch a sequence occur. thats the old way games were done. what happened to having more control? you're not controlling that combo. you're hitting the combo buttons and producing the same combos over and over. there are only so many that you can do and string together. the truth is, in a fight even a super fight. you should be able to string any combos you want by utilizing the stuff i stated above. not some predetermined combo sequence that starts the sequencing video of you.

the only reason yall are disagreeing is because you guys LIKE it this way cause this is the only way you have ever played these types of games. you're okay with same use of sequenced combos cause you know if you memorize the combos better then the next guy...you will win the match.

thats not fighting. fighting is actually kicking, punching, using weapons/powers with each button press. you then have to press the buttons yourself for each hand movement to occur, each leg kick to occur.

you want to do bat girls slice move. forget that away and forward then A(xbox 360). you should have to hit the button that corresponds with her hand that has the slicer on it, and you have to keep hitting it quickly to perform that move. yes this would kill your fingers, arms. and thats the point. YOu will also be fatigued. TO fatigued to keep doing a bunch of combos. which is realistic, even in the world o comics. now you have to be REALLLLy strategic when you decide to use a combo or a range, etc.

this would produce all sorts of different combos because it would be you controlling it not a sequence after you hit a couple of buttons.
You can make this claim about all fighting games but when it comes to getting the win you going to do whatever to win,can I do fancy combos,yeah but if repeatedly sweeping my opponent because he keeps failing to block or counter,than that's what you do
Survival of the fittest:obama:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

You can't design a game in which every move can combo into another. You would have infinites out the ass until that bullshyt fatigue meter you made up comes into play.

Also no matter how many different ways a game has to create combos eventually the top combos will be discovered and people would use those exclusively. Why mix it up just for show? I'm trying to win so I'm going to use the most damaging combos I can reliably pull off. Your system doesn't stop that.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't design a game in which every move can combo into another. You would have infinites out the ass until that bullshyt fatigue meter you made up comes into play.

Also no matter how many different ways a game has to create combos eventually the top combos will be discovered and people would use those exclusively. Why mix it up just for show? I'm trying to win so I'm going to use the most damaging combos I can reliably pull off. Your system doesn't stop that.

wait wait, lets address the first point. you said you could have infinite combos.

not true. and its not just due to the fatigue/stamina meter(that you have in sports games).

but in real life martial arts. lets keep it simple. or real life boxing.

if you throw lets say a right over head hook. whats the counter? there are more then one. one is a left jab to the head right underneath the hook you're throwing. if you're quick enough. you can throw a right jab to the head while move away from the hook and moving towards the otherside of the guys face. leaning and punching at the same time(that will take off some power of your punch but still a decent counter if you're athletic enough. then there's the body punches you could throw while that hook is in the air.

if you're quick enough, depending on the guys chin, body being able to take a punch, your strength, the angle you're swinging from. are you balanced are you leaning into it. or are you facing away. are you on your toes, etc. that will change the amt of power vs how quickly you throw said counters.

now why am i discussing counters? because counters can cut off an infinite combo. you start smacking me up something nice right hook left jab, body body, right hook, kick, etc.

lets say i duck the first swing. then block low. well if your next hit is a head shot thats coming from the top down. i'm in trouble. but if i'm smart enough to realize. i dont have to necessarily block low after ducking the first hook. i could duck, then crouch and crack you in the gut. depending on my strength, that could push you back just enough to stop the rest of that combo. even if you hit me with a few shots.

i'm also all for them monitoring body damage. you see how they show us now how the player looks all beat up. thats cute. but thats OLD. by now the body damage you see should effect the persons speed, strength.

if you keep blocking my hits. i want your arms to hurt to the point where when its time for you to swing. you cant swing as fast, you cant hit me as hard. but thats the decision you have made when going up against grundy, etc. perhaps.

then if you bring in that stamina meter. a big boy like say grundy cant be throwing the wild haymakers at you all game long without consequences. which start with stamina. the more combos or attempts you throw at me. the more tired he becomes. the more tired you are, the slower you move. now you're more open to getting countered. the more tired you are the more you are susceptible to getting hurt more with the same shot that would have hurt you less if you were not fatigued.

then to add to all that. any of your what i call mini super moves, for instance if you have a gun you dont have unlmited bullets. if you keep shooting, you will run out. then you will have to fight with your other gagdets.

batman even in the cartoons, comics, and on the tv show use to run out of some of the stuff in his belt. he would then go to something else in his belt. and he's mr gagdets. so what about those who have one weapon?

i'll take it a step further. weapons should be abled to be knocked out of your hand(thats old school as well, some games use to do this). sure you can pick it up. but to go pick it up will put you in danger of getting your a... whooped. lol.

at the same time if you're nice with the hands and feet. you can survive with or without your sword. if all you are good at is weaponry. dont lose that weapon. and you have to defend against that attack. which will leave you open to other attacks.

prime example. Ares throws his weapon. that thing should get stuck in the ground and STAY THERE.

just like if i got batgirl and i throw that thing in the air and lets say batman hits me with the ninja stars before i can pull up. i should fall off and my thing be stuck connected to something. now i dont have it to use. until i jump up and grab it down. doing so will leave me open to getting my a.. handed to me.

or i better be nice with the hands and feet.

again yall are just use to this stale way of fighting games. these games have not changed in Decades. yall shouldnt stand for that.

imagine if they implemented everything i just stated. which is in other games just not in the same game all at once. nothing i said is ground breaking. so it can be done.
imagine a fighting game with characters with super powers and weapons. that kind of game would have so many different scenarios that you would never get board with it. because how someone would beat the snot out of you would be different every time. right now its only a couple of ways you lose. you lose to a ranger, you lose to a rusher. you lose to a combo king. very rarely do you lose to someone who is just nice with the hands/feet, that knows when to use the weaponry, that knows some combos, but also knows how to defend him/herself as well as know when to move out of the way, and then knows when to hit you with the mini supers are real super.

most guys are all of one of those things not many. and its because the game is setup where its most effective to be a combo king and nothing else. your defense isnt really defense. its crouch low and walk backwards even though you are actually walking in place once your reach the end of the screen. that should not be possible. they should have spikes back there. or some people around in a crowd that will push you back into the fight. its one thing to retreat its another to use a glitch like walking in place to stop certain moves. thats not how those moves should have to be countered. its like i need an exploit to stop your exploit. that should not be the case. i should have to use better fighting technique to counter your fighting technique.

back to the can you have combos like that. you are correct just allowing crazy combos from one to another would never end. thats why you make it somewhat realistic. to throw a hook takes lets say 1.5 frames, to throw a jab takes 1.0 frame(quicker but not as strong of a hit). they already do this.
to go from a jab with the left hand, into a round house where your pivot foot is your left foot, would go quicker then if you thru a right jab, then use the same left foot as your pivot foot. why because truthfully using a left jab and using your left foot as your pivot to do a round house where your kicking foot is your right foot is much quicker to get into, then using your right jab first. its just realistic physics. certain real life combos work faster because of what you start with and what you use next. sure anything is a combo. but all combos are not created equal. meaning you cant move as quickly from one move to the next.

as long as they have the frame lengths proper for each single move and the inbetween transition from one to another. the combos would only be infinite aside from the stamina bar is if the other person just sucked and the guy giving you the good is that good with his choices of moves from one to another.